Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
agent5

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS (+RS) + Hurst+ DME
I wish it wasn't so easy to break in to a Camaro

My car was broken in to for a second time at work. Once the keylock itself was torqued and opened, somehow. I got a tamper alarm when I arrived at the car. The second time, just recently, someone must have tried (or succeeded) to use a coat hanger via the driver window (the rubber is still pushed in from the attempts).

I don't keep anything of value in the car and both times besides a bit of a mess, nothing is taken, not even my radar detector which I keep in the glove compartment. None of my other friends at work get broken in to, I seem to always be a target.

Any recommendation? I almost wish I could easily install some wireless alarm easily but I'm not sure it's worth while with the existing alarm one already in place.

Any advise...welcome.. I'm tired of this S***.
agent5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Take a pick
Attached Images

oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
agent5

If I were present I would pretty much be one of those, trust me.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
If its the same person get a piece of hard foam stick needles in it, cover it with change where the needles are barely showing, when loser jams his hand down to grab the change hell have a life changing experience. Used to get broken into a lot in my yard before my camaro, different car. I did this and the theif never came back
Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
agent5

Not a bad idea, TheAviator. I will say that the silver lining in this, perhaps, is that since it must be the easiest thing in the world to open the car that I am saving myself broken windows.. :/ I've been searching the web for some good pager alarm systems so I can catch the mofo in the act but I haven't found something that will really give me the range I need to the office I work at. I'm wondering if someone else has experience with that.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Just so you know, the message showed up on mine as well randomly one time so it could be that. And the window trim being pushed in isn't always indicative of someone trying to break in. If you do a search, you'll find that it actually happens to the trim for no reason. My trim has it.

Also, if someone took the time to break into the car, I highly doubt they wouldn't take anything. My buddy's Camaro was broken into just for his piece of crap radar detector. They broke the window and everything

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #7
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Where do you work...South Central Los Angeles?

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
You could put a gopro cam in your car. It might be enough of a deterent, or if they don't see it you could catch them in the act. Of course they may also steal the gopro...

I would probably get an aftermarket alarm, they are much more effective. I believe the factory alarm only goes off if the door, trunk, or hood is opened. A good aftermarket alarm will go off if glass breaks or there is any motion inside the car. You can also get one to chirp if someone even gets neer your car. That can be annoying in a congested area where you will get a lot of false chirps from people walking by, but if your car is getting messed with that much it's probably what you need to do.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
dare8601

Drives: 2013 1LE
I feel your pain...I work across the river and have to take reports from vehicles being broke in...out two places that are being hit have installed camera's...problem as you know the vehicles used are stolen and also the license plates are stolen..another problem at our sites is people from all over the world come and visit and leave their personal belongings inside the vehicles. and poof it's gone...there in and out in just a few seconds..
dare8601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Where do you work...South Central Los Angeles?
"The Ghetto"
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #11
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
If you could find a deer cam small enough to put in the back corner to photograph the guy when he enters your car. If its at night, Idk? A flash will def make them notice unless you get a nightvision one. That might do the trick!

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Any car is easy to break into with this universal Key...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000IE...AC_SX110_SY165
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #13
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Lived in a six-plex several years ago & there was a LEO that lived above me. Want to know how to get 1/2 the force to show up to your place? Have a LEO call that there's someone breaking into his car.

Anyway, one told me the best bet was to take everything out of your car & leave it unlocked. That's what I did there for the rest of the time I lived there.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
MADBADGER

Drives: '13 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Lived in a six-plex several years ago & there was a LEO that lived above me. Want to know how to get 1/2 the force to show up to your place? Have a LEO call that there's someone breaking into his car.

Anyway, one told me the best bet was to take everything out of your car & leave it unlocked. That's what I did there for the rest of the time I lived there.

I'm in a very similar situation, I live in an apartment complex and my car is outside of it every night.

If I keep nothing in it (which i do anyway) and leave it unlocked (which i don't), what if someone opens it and gets pissed there’s nothing in it to steal, takes it out of gear, and rolls it into the road or another car?
MADBADGER is offline   Reply With Quote