Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Exclamation Seriously? What gets into some SS drivers?!?

Yesterday approximately around 1:30-2:00 in the afternoon my wife and I were heading out for a nice drive into North Carolina and were leaving Lavonia GA.
As we were turning onto the entrance of the freeway we got right behind a Silver SS(with black stripes) that was going the same direction we were going, and he spotted us as well and decided to get all "show offish" and mess with Lil' Blue.
right as we were getting on the east bound I85 towards South Carolina I looked at my wife and said"Whatch this guy, I betchya he punches it and shows off"
As sure as I got done saying that, he drops the hammer and the loud exhaust just shakes us because we were underneath an overpass. The car sounded badd arse and i made note of that, but then a bunch of light smoke came out from the back of the car and it wasn't from burning tires, it just stunk like a rich burning engine.
My wife just looks at me and just says" What the hell is THAT guys problem? that is just obnoxious and annoying, and rude. Are there folks like that in your Camaro forum?" I said" unfortunately there are folks like that that ruin it for everyone else"
Well he dissapeared off in the distance after a few seconds because at first he thought we were going to try and keep up and play freeway tag.
I am not a show boater and I hate street racing and showing off on the streets, especially since I had my family in my car, and the fact that I drive a V6 and I wouldn't have a chance anyways lol.
Well after about ten miles down the freeway we notice that he was slowing up in the right lane and I figured he wasn't done with us.......I was right. He was going so slow I decided to get over in the left lane to get around him at the speed I was going 78MPH (speed limit was 70) as I got up next to him he decided to show off his exhaust to us and revved it up a couple time while staying along side of us, I just looked over and gave the Camaro wave, but he wanted more.
He slowed down and let us go ahead and then drifted into the left lane on my bumper, so I cordially got back into the right hand lane and let him pass, he came up on my left side and was looking over at me trying to egg me on into racing, I just smiled and shook my head, he realized he wasn't gonna get a race and just dropped the hammer again and went on to play with someone else........"F**king Idiot!" My wife says
All the while we had to still endure his obnoxious engine fumes, even when he was way ahead we could still smell the fumes.
This guy looked to be in his 50s/60s and both of were really puzzled as to what this dudes trip was but to be honest with you all I have never experienced an idiot like this from a fellow Camaro owner, Ya Big fat Hairy Deal! so he is driving an SS! why does he gotta be a moron like that.
And if this guy that was involved is reading this, all I gotta say is "GROW UP!"
Oh! and by the way-you need to do something with your car.....it really stinks
Old 09-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
pooch

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk convertible
The guy was an Idiot. Probably will cause a deadly accident someday.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
I want to see him next time on the news.Not long enough for sure.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
Sounds like a total loser

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
Old 09-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I get on the gas when nobody is around me (yes I speed now and then) but never with anybody in the car or others around me, Street racing is BS.. It's not a matter of if something is going to happen its just a matter of time..

I love an open road and the feel of the car all by my self..
Old 09-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
wowww, watch it be a C5 member. But yeah thats a bit annoying
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
Old 09-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
What a bendego.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #8

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I'm thinking the smoke and odor probably a "cat-delete"??......You'd think he would have been happy with one little show-off moment...not cool to keep "staulking" you..lol
Old 09-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #9
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
That smell was probably NOS.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
Npplchamp05

Drives: Jaguar X-Type, Camaro 2ss
Even if it a C5 member i doubt he will take responsibility on here for his actions. Heck im more then less then half the guys age that he described and drive and SS and dont do stupid stuff like that. The guy needs a ZL1 next to him to keep him in check...
Old 09-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
What a jerk. I get that sometimes too, mostly from corvette guys.

Last saturday I was on my way to lunch with a friend and I pulled up to a red light, windows down because of the freaky great weather we have been having here in Texas, and these guys in a big, dirty, piece of crap truck pulled up and started yelling.
"Hey you wanna race? lets see what that thing can do!"
I simply laughed and shook my head.
They replied with "Well that thing is slow anyways."

Light turned green and they took off like a bat out of hell, I hesitated and rolled away laughing at their stupidity.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
Old 09-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I get on the gas when nobody is around me (yes I speed now and then) but never with anybody in the car or others around me, Street racing is BS.. It's not a matter of if something is going to happen its just a matter of time..

I love an open road and the feel of the car all by my self..
That is the way I am, once in a while I get a little froggy with Lil'Blue but that is out on the open road out in the sticks with no one around, even then I am careful, I just love cruising the car mostly.
When the guy disapeered off in the distance, I just looked at my wife and said"That's ok, I wont stoop to his level and play this game with this "tool", I will most likely pass him anyways because by the way he is driving he will either get pulled over by LEO or will be looking for a Gas station real soon.

PS; I drove a total of over 400 miles yesterday and managed 31 MPGs, gotta love this car.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
That smell was probably NOS.
hit the NOS
Old 09-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
You are expecting this guy to grow up , gee after all you stated that he is like 50 / 60 , too freaking late , no hope there for that SS Driver .

Closed Thread