Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-12-2015, 03:09 PM   #85
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Looks great... glad you're happy with the end result. Now, go play...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:35 PM   #86
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
I'm glad it worked for you. Looks great!
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #87
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
All I know from the person I know that has one is that bumper was a huge pain to get to fit right. I'm sure it's a case of like they said. They didn't think it would be bad when they took it on and then a larger and more important (to them at least) job came along and pushed it back. Yeah it's crappy and they should have been straight forward with you. At least you have it now.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:17 PM   #88
desieng

Drives: '11 SW 2SS/RS LS3 Vert
Great to hear it worked out for you ... I'm getting ready to take mine in in the coming weeks .. very nervous
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
Also, consider clear-bra for it. Will definitely help protect your investment, especially since it's brand new paint
Can you clear bra fresh paint? Thought i remember reading that the paint needs to sit for several weeks before you can clear bra otherwise you run into problems later on???
desieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:15 AM   #89
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Hmmm...maybe it's just the pictures and the lighting, but I see two huge low spots on the front bumper, a lot of waviness everywhere else, and maybe even orange peel in the paint? That, or we need better pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Well it's all done now!

I am in absolute love with it, was it worth the headache? Probably not! But hey... for $1,200 total (fascia included) I'm not really complaining at this point, I learned a lot through this experience and I really do appreciate everyone for their input.
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, PRC255 heads, BTR 660 springs, BTR cryo-treated rockers, PAT G 232/240 .654/.626 110+2, johnson 2110's, Manton 502 pushrods, C5R, Melling high volume/high pressure, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Proform covers, Kooks stepped headers, catless mids, Doug Thorley exhaust. 512rwhp, 446rwtq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:22 AM   #90
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodywerks View Post
Hmmm...maybe it's just the pictures and the lighting, but I see two huge low spots on the front bumper, a lot of waviness everywhere else, and maybe even orange peel in the paint? That, or we need better pics.
agreed. looks wavy under the main grill.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:24 AM   #91
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by desieng View Post
Can you clear bra fresh paint? Thought i remember reading that the paint needs to sit for several weeks before you can clear bra otherwise you run into problems later on???
YES. I waited 12 weeks before putting mine on. The paint needs to cure. (that is what my installer had told me to do)
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #92
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
YES. I waited 12 weeks before putting mine on. The paint needs to cure. (that is what my installer had told me to do)
Right, forgot about that lol, well, regardless, i'd definitely consider it down the line, as soon as those two wavy spots the above posters are talking about get resolved
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:28 PM   #93
762ch

Drives: 2011 2SS
I work in the auto body industry, I've been in for about 12 years. That was absolutely unacceptable how they gave you the run around and gave you a bumper that still looks like it was folded in half.

Doesn't rideskins offer to ship the bumper UNfolded for an extra cost? Its looks like a polypropylene/plastic bumper not fiberglass. Fiber glass would've cracked from flexing like that.
762ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:47 AM   #94
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Glad you got it worked out. Im in a similar boat with my wifes car. Got the same facia but before the group buy. I took it to the shop, a custom bike and car builder, on May 18th. I had to fly over here to Dubai on the 26th so I stopped by that morning to check the progress. All of my parts were sitting in same place I left them the week before. Didn't even pick them up and move them into the back area. My wife called them yesterday and they said they wish they had never taken the job. I spent over an hour talking to them about other issues people had been having. Told them it needed reinforcing, especially at the bottom. He agreed to take the job on anyway. Said it should be no issues and he would call if he was having any problems. Did not want to waste his time or my money. Like Dmpsix my car gets pushed back for higher priced jobs. My wife is supposed t call tomorrow to get an estimate of how much longer this will take and final price. However, she is leaving for one month on Thursday and we've been told it wont be finished prior to that. I can forsee the car sitting for the next motnh with no more work being done. After reading this I am going to have her go by and take pictures of the 'progress' and record the milage. Will update on my experience eventually.

BTW it does look good when finished.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #95
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
If it was easy everyone would be running that crappy front bumper.

That don't make it right though. Remember who won and who lost when you are directing your anger. You and the body shop lost.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:01 PM   #96
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
The pictures I put on there were pretty garbage, I'll post better ones soon.

It definitely does look folded in those pics, compared to the better ones I've taken.

Not sure why it looks like that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Glad you got it worked out. Im in a similar boat with my wifes car. Got the same facia but before the group buy. I took it to the shop, a custom bike and car builder, on May 18th. I had to fly over here to Dubai on the 26th so I stopped by that morning to check the progress. All of my parts were sitting in same place I left them the week before. Didn't even pick them up and move them into the back area. My wife called them yesterday and they said they wish they had never taken the job. I spent over an hour talking to them about other issues people had been having. Told them it needed reinforcing, especially at the bottom. He agreed to take the job on anyway. Said it should be no issues and he would call if he was having any problems. Did not want to waste his time or my money. Like Dmpsix my car gets pushed back for higher priced jobs. My wife is supposed t call tomorrow to get an estimate of how much longer this will take and final price. However, she is leaving for one month on Thursday and we've been told it wont be finished prior to that. I can forsee the car sitting for the next motnh with no more work being done. After reading this I am going to have her go by and take pictures of the 'progress' and record the milage. Will update on my experience eventually.

BTW it does look good when finished.

Yeah dude ... it sucks, it definitely does. I was having dreams about my Camaro like 3 weeks into the project.

I can't say that the place didn't do a phenomenal job, I mean this bumper is sturdy as heck, they added a thin metal backing behind the entire thing, basically a metal fascia behind this cheap POS plastic.

Talk to your shop, go in person and just let them know that you're ready to take it away if they take long. No shop wants that, even these ego inflated jerks I went to.

It really butt hurt them when I showed up with a truck and tow dolly ready to take my car, and they had it done 5 days later.

Last edited by Dmpsix; 06-16-2015 at 01:28 PM.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:53 PM   #97
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Talk to your shop, go in person and just let them know that you're ready to take it away if they take long. No shop wants that, even these ego inflated jerks I went to.
My wife went to the shop today and was ready to take the car if needed. She didnt take any pictures though. It must be an ego thing becasue they did not want to give up either and told her they would discount the price once completed. They do know they have an extra month to complete the job since she and I will both be out of town.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #98
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Glad it got Bailed out of Jail!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote