Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 05-15-2015, 11:56 AM   #435
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
The two rules of design:

1. You can't please everyone
2. If you think you have the perfect design, see rule #1

Honestly, we all knew this day was coming. A bunch of people suddenly piping up their opinion and trashing the styling, saying it's not a "6th gen", looks the same etc.... all i know is a year from now, this forum will be filled with happy 6th gen owners....
Old 05-15-2015, 11:58 AM   #436
BigBlock427
ConceptZer0

Drives: 68 427 Camaro, 11 2SS/RS, 13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Until the LT4 arrives and your ZL1 fades in the rearview.

In any case Alpha is a superior platform in every way.
Umm OK off course it will your point? Does that car exsist ? Will the lt4 ever see a camaro body? Man like I said... Defensive now because I said it looks alright I am being digitally raced against by two cars.. one that we have no spec on and one that hasn't even been created yet...

Take deep breaths. You are getting excited.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #437
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin'UU View Post
Well thats a nice try to justify all of the remarks being made except I am still holding onto my money, I haven't bought one yet, and as of right now my eyes AND WALLET are saying "Buy used". There isn't going to be THAT much of a difference in the SS power models. And the LS's have a much greater after market right now. It will take a while for the LT's to come around.
I understand why 5th gen owners needed to see a MAJOR revision in looks before they felt a compelling reason to consider trading in. Like I said, if it makes you happy, stick with it. I personally love the looks of the old WS6 but others think it's just too bulgy and curvy with fenders all over. For many of us non-5th gen owners, who held out because of looks, this "evolution" is welcomed, with loving arms. The General didn't want to mess too much with success, understandably so. ...but honestly, he already has your money and in most cases the next buying window won't open for a few years.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #438
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock427 View Post
Umm OK off course it will your point? Does that car exsist ? Will the lt4 ever see a camaro body? Man like I said... Defensive now because I said it looks alright I am being digitally raced against by two cars.. one that we have no spec on and one that hasn't even been created yet...

Take deep breaths. You are getting excited.
Yep.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #439
benanderson89

Drives: Kia GT
Quote:
Truer words have never been spoken....unfortunately 85% of this forums members are in a MASIVE state of denial.
Every component on this car is brand new. How is that not a new generation? Its made a complete shift from the Zeta to the Alpha platform with brand new drive-trains.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #440
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Honest opinion. There just seem to be a selection of 5th gen owners who are simply hating to justify themselves.

Seriously because looks are the only thing that makes a new generation, instead of a car built completely on a difference chassis.
The average car buyer doesn't give 2 craps what chasis the car is built on. I wish more people cared, and more people legitimately cared what was in their car, but they simply don't.

What matters to most of the dumb buying public is how the car looks. We'll have to see if the 6th Gen has the same kind of "OMG I MUST HAVE THIS" gut feeling the general public had about the 5th Gen when it came out. Personally, I think they will, but then again, its almost the exact same body styling it had in 2010, even with a different chassis, so they're making a bit of a gamble. Trends change, so it'll be interesting to see if this current styling of the Camaro remains trendy, or if they're possibly riding that wave a little too long.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #441
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
I am going to purchase a 6th Gen (will wait for LT4) is just to spite the idiotic 10-13 5th gen owners that think the sun rises and sets with their cars.
At least we can spell Recaro, which wasn't even offered in our cars!

FYI, fix your sig!

2014 ZL1, AGM, Ricaros, M6, ECF

Old 05-15-2015, 12:01 PM   #442
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Lighter than what? They never said which model it is 220lbs lighter than. If it is the ZL1 then it is still heavy....If it is a loaded SS that is better....If it is 220lbs lighter than a Z/28 without air then we are in the money and deductive reasoning says it could be there.

The ATS Coupe RWD, 2.0L curb weight is 3411....So for fun lets say the Camaro will be 3600 or about 220lbs less than the current Z/28.
I think it's safe to say that the 2016 base v6 is 200lbs lighter than the outgoing v6. the 2016 1ss is 200lbs lighter than the outgoing 1ss. When you start adding and subtracting gadgets/tech/sunrrof, things can get complicated.

at least that's the way I took it. why would GM say the 6th gen will be at least 200lbs lighter, when the current v6 is already 200lbs lighter than an ss, and even more vs the zl1.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #443
VRYALT3R3D

Drives: 2015 GT, 1LE next?
Lame.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #444
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
I don't disagree with you that this car is going to be "very good" my issue is that Chevy "Played it too safe" and designed a 6th gen that will be mistaken for a 5th Gen for generations to come.
We will see once everything is revealed, but why would they completely diverge from a design that was very very good? They said evolutionary and from what we have seen that appears to be what they did.

This is going to come down to lower mass and better handling. Add more pore and it should be a very potent combination across the board. I'm going to be patient in waiting for a high HP model but I will move to this platform. I can't wait to see it tomorrow. It's going to be a long day but will be an interesting experience.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:04 PM   #445
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
We will see once everything is revealed, but why would they completely diverge from a design that was very very good? They said evolutionary and from what we have seen that appears to be what they did.

This is going to come down to lower mass and better handling. Add more pore and it should be a very potent combination across the board.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #446
c5z28
Banned

Drives: Camaro, Corvette, c10 pickup
I like that a lot better than the 5th gen
Old 05-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #447
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Here for the comments
Old 05-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #448
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Side profile looks good. Not a fan of continuing the too slim front grill. From these awful pics can't decide if I hate the rear end altogether.

Also, WTF is Chevy PR thinking??????

Closed Thread