Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Test drove another SS today... Now I get it...

So I drove a somewhat ragged out SS with an automatic transmission a few months back. Tires were bald, scratches all over it, didn't look like it was taken care of at all. I posted about it back then and stated that I wasn't that impressed.

Today, I went and test drove this manual SS, and now I get it. I see what you guys are talking about when you claim that it's way quicker than my V6. This SS was on a lot where my friend works, so he let me and my wife take it out by ourselves, so I let this thing have it. I floored it many times, and it was unbelievable. Pushed us back in the seat, and it raised my adrenaline through the roof when I heard that V8 get fired up [it's the stock exhaust, too]. So now I'm sick. I freakin' want this car. Rally Yellow would not be my first choice, but I definitely don't hate it. I could learn to love it, for sure.

The car is a 2010 with 24k miles. They're asking $24,990 for it, but since my best buddy is the finance manager, I know I'll get it for cost. The car is in great shape for a 2010. No dents or dings, but there is one curb rash spot on the bottom front driver's side. I can paint and buff that out myself. It's also been a victim of drive-through car washes. The paint has some swirls on it pretty much all over. But it's mild, and I can buff all of that out myself. The tires are stock on the front and worn out pretty bad, and the back ones are new, but a crappy brand. So if it all works out, I'm going to use the refund from my extended warranty on the V6 to buy some new rubber and get rid of the chromed out plastic grill. I'll probably know weather it's in my budget or not by tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted. Even being a little bit upside down should make my payments pretty close to what they are right now. At least that's what I'm banking on. If not, I'll have to decline the purchase. Everything happens for a reason. If it's meant to be, it'll happen...
Attached Images

AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Sounds like you drove a rental return from Vegas.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Sounds like you drove a rental return from Vegas.
Haha, maybe! I'm not exaggerating one bit, man. It was beat the hell up...
Old 08-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
swap those grills out ASAP....

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrunkMusic View Post
swap those grills out ASAP....
ASAP isn't fast enough, trust me.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #6
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Ew good god that grille is hideous. Good thing you're ready to swap that junk out!
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Take advantage of the grill swap and get something like the heritage grill or even something more aggressive from the aftermarket. Whatever choice you make, good luck! I don't think I ever want to drive an SS haha!

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #8
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
Ew good god that grille is hideous. Good thing you're ready to swap that junk out!
Yea, I'm gonna go ahead and get a Heritage grill while I'm at it. I love that look on the SS's. And what's really odd is that there are TWO used SS's on the same lot, both 2010's, and they both have these same cheesy grills! Out of the hundreds of Camaros I've seen around town, I've only seen maybe one with that style grill. Yet there are two on the same lot with them... Weird...
Old 08-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #9
typhoidfvr

Drives: 2010 2SS RS package Black on black
Here's the one you need! LOL!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303473
typhoidfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #10
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaster View Post
Take advantage of the grill swap and get something like the heritage grill or even something more aggressive from the aftermarket. Whatever choice you make, good luck! I don't think I ever want to drive an SS haha!
Ha, you read my mind!

And yea, it was pretty awesome getting behind the wheel of that SS. But your V6 is still an amazing car. If this doesn't pan out, I won't be sad to get behind the wheel of my RS again, that's for sure. But things are on the pretty positive side for now, it seems.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #11
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I like the grill.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #12
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidfvr View Post
Holy crap, man... I love your Camaro. I wish that was in my price range or that I could finance it! I'm super into that black and blue color scheme. Really nicely done.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #13
Mwalterhouse

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Rally Yellow was not my first choice either, but now that I have completed my mods I really like the color.
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #14
nfl46

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Congrats! I test drove one when I got a V6 a month ago, they were very fast! Hell, I thought my 323 HP V6 was fast but they were on another level! Loved it!
nfl46 is offline   Reply With Quote