Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #43
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Can't say i haven't thought about it too. But I like my 45th too much to trade. I thought about it at the end of the model year going to a 45th SSbut decided against it because of what it would cost.
Good luck with the new ride.
Personally I could care less what engine is in anyone's car.

Let's Go Rangers!! (well maybe next year....)

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #44
Les7311

Drives: 2017 Zl1 (M6)
Send a message via Yahoo to Les7311
I feel the same, but mine is covered, so i just imagine what she looks like. Close to winter hibernating for the next 3 months......
Les7311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #45
WildOne
the "crazy cat" lady

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Blk Vrt
Congrats Felix...I know you love it!! Hope to see it if you are at the meeting next month...Don't let the haters get you down!!!

I loved my SS so much I bought another one this one topless!!!!!
WildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #46
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
Just keep telling yourself that.
This is a typical response from an SS owner.

I too am getting awesome fuel mileage, Why? 'cause I drive it without stomping on the gas pedal all the time, Ya once in a while I will have fun and get on it and open her up, but I no longer drive like I did as a teenager and just mashing the gas all the time(all that did was cost me in fuel/parts/and tickets) I outgrew the whole speed thing, I know what this car can do, I dont need to prove it all the time.

I drive an average of 2500 miles a month and that is where fuel saving come in, I do want to save gas, I could have bought a "gas saver" but for what? the chance to drive around in something boring and bland? just to save maybe 5 gallons more that what my current Camaro is doing? pshhhh

I could give a rats arse what others think in here whether or not it is BS that I am gettin 30+ MPGs in my car, but what I DO care about is knowing I need to stop close to around half as many times for fuel compared to an SS. Ya you can say "keep telling yourself that", but I really DONT have to tell myself that because the cheaper fuel cost alone reinforces that for me.

Dont get me wrong though, I would love to have an SS, but with the way things are in my life there is no way I could afford one, I would end up just driving it on the weekends, and THAT idea just seems retarded to me.

For those that DO get 30+ MPGs, I believe you and I am sure others that do own a V6 believe you too, dont let these pompous SS folks get you down, after all they too are looking for reasons to justify their purchase just like you do for your V6.

When I am driving for my job I ALWAYS get 30 MPGs, but when I am driving for personal reason then I will drive it more spirited and even then I rarely ever get it below 25 MPGs, I have yet to see an SS get that well of fuel savings, and I personally know some that own SSs that can vouch for that.

We are all part of a Camaro family and I dont hate on anyone, but it seems like whenever someone trades "up" for an SS a whole new thread is started sayin things like "Hey look at me! I got an SS and so now I am hating on the V6" and expecting a pat on the back for it. These type of folks seem to start a shyt storm like every other thread like it before.

However I have seen a few times where someone traded up and basically stated that they got an SS, and you would really have to read into the thread to see if they previously had a V6, These folks I like! There is a tactful way of posting things like this, some folks get it.........some just dont

I apologize for the rant Now......let the flaming begin
Old 11-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #47
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #48
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
My god, why does it always have to come to this? My post was not meant to knock the V6, as there is really nothing to knock. It was meant to highlight the pleasure of my new SS.

But I guess anytime you put the 2 together, no matter the intention, it will always lead to this. Sucks!

Sent from my 2SS/RS via Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #49
family man

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
This is a typical response from an SS owner.
You should have read my next reply about this being good natured bantering before you got all fired up. Geez, some people have no sense of humor.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #50
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
My god, why does it always have to come to this? My post was not meant to knock the V6, as there is really nothing to knock. It was meant to highlight the pleasure of my new SS.

But I guess anytime you put the 2 together, no matter the intention, it will always lead to this. Sucks!

Congrats on the new ride.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #51
family man

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
Is that butter popcorn? Because I really like buttered popcorn, but I don't want to offend the non-buttered popcorn crowd here.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #52
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
Is that butter popcorn? Because I really like buttered popcorn, but I don't want to offend the non-buttered popcorn crowd here.
Lmfao.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #53
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Look mom, I'm in a V6 vs V8 thread.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #54
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:

Maybe it was the title, whenever I see a title like that the first thing I think is "Oh great! here comes another V6 bashing thread"
By the way Congrats on your SS purchase, I meant nothing negative about your posts/threads.

I have seen a clever title in here- "Finally added an SS Facia, brembos and..." ......Now THAT was cleverly done! It didn't come off as one of those threads-"Hey! look at me! I finally got an SS! which is what I SHOULD have gotten in the first place because the V6 is such a POS! Can I have an ATTABOY now?"

Sorry dude I am just calling it as I see it....

Either way that is a nice SS you have now, just enjoy it, I am sure the permagrin just got bigger for you......I'm kinda jealous....lol
Old 11-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #55
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:

Great looking car nyrfan, I know you'll enjoy her to the fullest. We all got what we could or wanted at the time of the purchase. At least I know I did. I got a 2LT/RS and damn proud of her, and could give a damn what others think. Maybe an SS will be in my future but I'm enjoying what I have and worrying less what others have. I suggest others do the same.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #56
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Look mom, I'm in a V6 vs V8 thread.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote