Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
There is damage to the body, look a little closer..

And if he was caught he would have been taken to the PD and released.

If you would have caught him and beat the crap out of him you would be looking at prison time..

Seem fair? Not in the least, and people wonder why people keep doing stupid $41T..
It's legal in Texas to shoot someone breaking into or trying to steal your car, house, property etc etc.

I'm not saying I would have shot, but it would have been justified.

You DON'T **** with another mans vehicle.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #16
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Not Cool!
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #17
archtaan

Drives: car
Sorry to see that happen. Maybe he saw your Arfcom Bolt Face and thought there was an M4 in the car. Possible theft motive? People that mess with cars are some of the lowest scum of the earth.
archtaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Some people really suck, why would anyone do this?
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #19
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
It's legal in Texas to shoot someone breaking into or trying to steal your car, house, property etc etc.

I'm not saying I would have shot, but it would have been justified.

You DON'T **** with another mans vehicle.
While TRUE.....their are conditions, its an 1868 Cattle Ranchers Law in Texas which still is in effect to date states you can shoot anyone that trespasses onto your property can be shot because they deem harm to you and your livelihood. I have a few friends that actually teach Hand Gun Safety and the Carry Law class....and what theyu will teach you is to do not shoot if the person is running away from you....for if they are....you can not be AFRAID FOR YOU LIFE....HOWEVER, if they are comming at you....BLAST AWAY and do NOT stop firing till you have emptied your weapon.

This old Texas Law has been tried many times in the recent past, and has been upheld everytime.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #20
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Some drunk asshole , Thats such bullshit, Sorry for your problem, Hope you find them and they get whats coming to you, I would offer a reward of any info to find the ass.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #21
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Sucks that the people in the world nowadays care so little for their fellow man.
mr_honez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #22
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
God that pisses me off! Looking on the bright side, it could have been a whole lot worse. Should be a pretty easy fix, your baby will be good as new in no time.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #23
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Georgia law states that any person who wields a object (bat, stick ect.) that can cause you harm has no other intentions while on your property but to inflict harm.

I had EVERY window headlight and tail light busted out of one of my vehicles in 2003.
I belly crawled around the back of my house with an ar and trained my weapon on him waiting for the moment the door busted open to fire. Luckily for the lil bastard he couldnt kick it down. We did exchange fire when he pulled up the road and fired at me with a .270. I struck his vehicle several times and was personally hit in the neck by splintering wood while taking cover behind an oak tree.

It wasnt until later that I found out that I could have fired on him while he was on my porch (bat in hand). Everyone says "you would have regretted killing him" unto which I reply not one second of one minute of one day.

If it makes you feel any better this boys father was BEST friends with our small town (pop. 13,000)Sheriff ROB SMITH OF COFFEE COUNTY and spent ONE night in jail after being picked up. The case was "swept" under the rug and the boy never served a day in prison. That Sheriff was kicked out of office (imagine that) shortly after.

This is also the hometown of Sheriff Carlton Evans who manufactured 1000's of acres of marijuana before being cornered by the GBI in the woods by his house and committing suicide.

Hopefully someone will come forward. Unfortunately these days sometimes the law is better dealt by a cold heart and a trigger happy finger. I hate to hear this and wish you the best.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #24
Atlas
Would you kindly...

Drives: Destitute
That's horrible OP. I don't understand what the hell is wrong with people these days. On the bright side, at least it was only the glass and a small impact patch that could possibly be massaged out. Hope it all works out for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
I gotta think it was because the Rhino sticker and the Cog sticker, must have irritated them.
That's a Noveske Fire pig and ARFCOM bolt face
Old 09-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #25
Lowtan

Drives: Don't have my Camaro YET
Man I don't care if its a bugatti or a model T you just don't do this to someone's car. I sorry it happened to you.
Lowtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #26
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
Two positives here. Looks like only a replacement glass and tint (no body damage) and your tint helped to contain and limit the damage and glass that entered the car. You can get a wireless motion detector from Home Depot for $60. Mount it near where you park. It will turn on a light and send a loud BEEP alarm if anyone gets withing 10 feet of your ride.

Motion dectector $60. Baseball bat $35. Surprising the jackass messing with your ride....Priceless.
There's a ding in the edge of the metal surrounding the window. :-(
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #27
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
hate to see this..hope you don't got no enemies..seems like it's intentionally if you ask me
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #28
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Sorry for this op. I hate to see c5 members go thru this specially a SGM .
I hope everything works out !