Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
Neto1978

Drives: 2011 camaro ss victory red
Like Father Like Son...

Yesterday, my hypertech programmer finally arrived in my hands...
So I went to the garage to install it, and suddenly my 2 yr old little boy just came right after me...
I plugged the tuner, my boy jumped over me to the passenger seat and stayed there talking me to drive the car until I finished the programming...
when I did, we took a little trip over the neighborhood listening to acdc "shoot to thrill" and he was very excited wearing his chevrolet green hat...LOL

One more V8 GM addicted Fan....
Neto1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
It's how we get started. I remember being 8 and 9 years old watching and "helping" my big brother with his 57 chevy. You rule for taking the time to spend quality time with your son.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
BGKySS

Drives: Cyber Grey 2010 2SS RS
Its awesome isnt it? My 3 year old son knows how to use the remote start and will stand behind my car and yell "Daddy's race car goes, RAARRR!" and then start my car
Old 09-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Lowtan

Drives: Don't have my Camaro YET
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKySS View Post
Its awesome isnt it? My 3 year old son knows how to use the remote start and will stand behind my car and yell "Daddy's race car goes, RAARRR!" and then start my car

Massive amounts of cute win in this post. I want a camaro and a son to share it with. In that order.
Lowtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
My 1.5 yr old literally begs for a ride around the neighborhood on a daily basis. We roll the windows down and he stands in my lap while we creep around the block a few times. He loves it and it puts a smile on my face as well. The neighbors stare when they see a 17 month old driving though, lol.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
Neto1978

Drives: 2011 camaro ss victory red
That's true!!! life is all about it, quality time with the ones we love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
It's how we get started. I remember being 8 and 9 years old watching and "helping" my big brother with his 57 chevy. You rule for taking the time to spend quality time with your son.
Neto1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtan View Post
Massive amounts of cute win in this post. I want a camaro and a son to share it with. In that order.
Yeah, better be in that order. If the child comes first, you may never see the car!
My son had no interest in cars as a child. Now that he's grown up (24), he enjoys it much more since he's a helicopter mechanic!
My daughter has always been the gearhead! She had Lotus posters in her room (no Backstreet Boys for her). She's done several mods to her Jeep (Header, Chery Bomb Exhaust, 4-1/2" lift). She likes doing the work herself.
Now I have an 8-month old grandson to work on... Been shopping around for an IOM car seat and toddler coveralls...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
SirCrush32

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS 45th Anniv Edt
My daughters are a bit different one has no interest in cars or me. She just turned 10 yesterday and is looking for a cell phone. I told her to keep looking. LOL

Now my 6 year old, she is pure awesome. Don't get me wrong my 10 year old is awesome just not like the 6 year. The youngest ask question about what's the difference between parts. She actually picked which cam to put into the car. She helps me during oil changes and all that. Although I feel sorry for any boy she dates when she gets older.
SirCrush32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
RADREVX

Drives: 2012 SS
my daughters wont go shopping with me unless i drive the camaro to the stores. i think its pretty funny. my 15 year old thinks shes going to get to drive it next year, i had to let her know that was not going to happen lol
RADREVX is offline   Reply With Quote