Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
There are a few lines that we hadn't visualized yet.

- There is a line that runs from the base of the A-pillar, over the top of the side glass, and then back along the top/outside of the C-pillar down to the trunk lid.

- The character line that's been rendered on this site as the fender line is not the fender line. It sits just under, runs under the side glass, and wraps up & around the quarter window. Plus, it's much sharper and more defined than what has been posted here before

- You can see the trunk shut line.
Updated rendering: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=825
Old 05-11-2015, 08:19 AM   #30
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
GM isn't exactly on financially solid ground. I can completely understand them not wanting to completely toss out the gen 5 design that was so wildly popular. Remember the gen 4 Camaro? They went out on a limb there and it killed the brand.
I think there is a fine line from not wanting to rock the boat to getting stale. GM is notorious for letting designs go too long, basically keeping them till they don't sell anymore.
Ordered: 6/15/23 Accepted: 7/5/23
3000 - 7/5 ---> 3100 - 7/19
3300 - 7/20 --> 3400 - 7/20 -->TPW - 8/7
4300 - 8/14 --->4B00 - 9/5
DELIVERED 9/20!!
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:23 AM   #31
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Makes me feel the top grill might be too small, but I'll hold back my judgment until I see the whole front clip. However, it seems it may be very aggressive looking.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:26 AM   #32
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
lightened....
In this lightened photo you can see a line on each side, about half to 3/4 the way up the shot. Not sure how these lines are used, but look pretty interesting to me. I can see how they would help balance out the front end nicely.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:28 AM   #33
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM-ACE View Post
I think there is a fine line from not wanting to rock the boat to getting stale. GM is notorious for letting designs go too long, basically keeping them till they don't sell anymore.
Good point. Their trucks are a perfect example of this. I was actually shocked when they released the Gen 5.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:29 AM   #34
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Looking at the design changes from the 1st through 3rd gens, there is substantial change in style that is obvious. For better or worse? That's debatable, but the designs weren't stale, they were considered cutting edge. Especially the 3rd gen.
That's what I wanted, cutting edge with a minimal influence from the previous gen, but not this much. It won't set itself apart enough, looks - wise
The other thing that's bothering me is the way GM keeps following Ford's designs. Ford comes out with a retro mustang, GM resurrects the camaro with a retro. Have you looked at the latest mustang? Tall A pillar - fastback C pillar and the edges of the tail light section are very similar in how it helps to form the trunk lid overlap.
In short, there is nothing original in this new gen's looks, just tweaks from the last model.
Say what you will about Ford, but the one thing they are not doing, is resting on their success. Don't get me wrong, I won't own a Ford, but I do admire the way they push the design envelop.

You have got to give Ford credit. 100% agree. However, you wont find much given on this forum. Hope you have your firesuit ready, brother.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:32 AM   #35
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
You have got to give Ford credit. 100% agree. However, you wont find much given on this forum. Hope you have your firesuit ready, brother.
I'll second that. Ford has had a great design team for the last 20 years. Great vehicles too. I've owned a few and still own one. I'm not brand loyal to anyone though. If I like something I buy it. I don't care who makes it.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:33 AM   #36
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
not surprised. same design as impala for bowtie placement. looks good though
Old 05-11-2015, 08:35 AM   #37
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
the hood part in the middle looks lower than in gen 5 :( also i feel like the ratio in 14-15 grill was perfect. this one looks like the top is too small and the bottom is too big.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #38
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Idk about "great" the last 20 years.. 2005-2009 Mustang is absolutely hideous. Previous gen Fusion wasn't a bad design. Taurus is decent, but quite fat and lacks interior for how big it is in the outside. New Fusion is a hit and miss depending on trim, I actually prefer the Accord across the board.

Now, I think they've done a great job with the Flex (looks so cool) and the new Explorer. F150 doesn't do anything for me.

20 years is a definite I stretch I would say.. Not like Chevy had great looking cars 15 years ago either though.

I'd really have to look at each model and see what I think about it again, buy can't really think of many that were great designs.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #39
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Lol I was thinking the same thing.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:48 AM   #40
grkjet

Drives: 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia/2022 LT1 otw
Wasn't expecting a radical change from the 5th gen so the evolutionary design is not disappointing for me. I think my opinion of the the car will hinge on how the rear of the car, specifically the tail lights, and the interior looks. IMO the interior for the 6th gen has to be revolutionary rather than evolutionary. The 5th gen was mean and just stunning, but the interior left a lot to be desired.
grkjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #41
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
I agree with your fine line assessment. I thought the 2010-13 Camaros design had an attitude in its appearance and that's what drew me to it. It 14-15 I thought they took that attitude away. They have to put the attitude back in it for me to by another. I think they put attitude in the Mustang this year. That's why we have choices!!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #42
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Looking at the design changes from the 1st through 3rd gens, there is substantial change in style that is obvious. For better or worse? That's debatable, but the designs weren't stale, they were considered cutting edge. Especially the 3rd gen.
That's what I wanted, cutting edge with a minimal influence from the previous gen, but not this much. It won't set itself apart enough, looks - wise
The other thing that's bothering me is the way GM keeps following Ford's designs. Ford comes out with a retro mustang, GM resurrects the camaro with a retro. Have you looked at the latest mustang? Tall A pillar - fastback C pillar and the edges of the tail light section are very similar in how it helps to form the trunk lid overlap.
In short, there is nothing original in this new gen's looks, just tweaks from the last model.
Say what you will about Ford, but the one thing they are not doing, is resting on their success. Don't get me wrong, I won't own a Ford, but I do admire the way they push the design envelop.

So, from what I've seen of the camo'ed cars, the tease pics, and the renderings, I too feel that GM could have pressed a little more on the design. But they could have done that while keeping the design elements of the Camaro that make the Camaro what it is.

I look at some of these concepts done by non-GM people and wonder why they didn't go more in these directions:

This one has a great profile, very aggressive, sharp crisp lines, muscular, and is still recognizable as a Camaro (the front & rear of this one were not good)

This one was VERY promising. Obviously it had to be toned down a bit. But it still looks like a Camaro.

This one is neat. Hadn't seen it before.

This one is freah & edgy, yet still looks like a Camaro

This one is really good. Has a lot of promise.

The one in the foreground has promise.

Do any of these concepts appeal to you?
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote