Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
sari.camaro

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro, Mosaic Black
Question What are the best available mods for the v6 currently?

Hello everyone, just made my account but I’ve been on the forums for about 2-3 months now and would like someone on here to list the current available mods for our cars. I know exhaust and intake are available but is there any downpipes, throttle body’s, etc. Just need to know what’s out there because I want to have full bolt ons or even just as many as possible, I race all the time and need to know what’s out there. I really appreciate if anyone can let me know at least something.
sari.camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:51 PM   #2
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
You should have gotten the V8 or I4...LOL

I'm kidding or course, kind of.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
you almost rattled them off.

Intake, Exhaust, Tune, Supercharger, and your universal stuff like nitrous

You can probably get things done to components like porting/polishing but i dont know of anyone selling components already done or alternative versions of things like the TB or intake manifold.

non-go fast mods like lowering kits also exist.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
MyneS
STORM

Drives: 2021 Satin Steel Metallic 2SS
There’s the Overkill Supercharger (best IMO) available now, there was talk of throttle body’s but that seems to have fizzled out. I can easily go down the list of what’s not available. I wish there was a flex fuel option but No.

Check out: The creation of STORM
American Authority Front Bumper, ACS Rockers, GM Dark taillights, ZL1 Carbon Fiber interior dash, Engine Bay “red hot” Dress Up, 6LE Skorpion hood, Borla ATAK w Xpipes (TRADED)
MyneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:18 PM   #5
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
all depends on what kinda "racing" you speak of....

and theres more than plenty of mods. we have ported TB's. theres plenty of intakes and exhausts.... superchargers, and nitrous kits are limited, but the few we have are quality.(nitrous is kinda more universal)

first you need to figure out if you wanna stay boost, nitrous, or N/A. and also the main thing... whats your budget. theres a lot that dream big, and grind small or their budget is small. so its better to remain realistic with your cash flow if you're serious.

also if you are getting into autoX or road racing, 95% of the fast people at the track will urge you to learn your car before you throw any mods at it. after 3 decades of racing from R/C to full size cars, I def agree with their suggestion.

but theres plenty of mods to go fast, to handle and to stop, because all three are important and overlap across the way.

one thing I will urge.... there isn't a best magical mod that will "decimate all....after you overnight some parts...." newbies come in and ask that all the time...whats the best intake, whats the best exhaust, whats the best etc... theres nothing magical out there.

if there was, we'd all be running the same exact parts...just out of logic. cause who would wanna buy anything less?

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:39 PM   #6
sari.camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
You should have gotten the V8 or I4...LOL

I'm kidding or course, kind of.
I hate you LMAO
Old 11-08-2017, 06:42 PM   #7
sari.camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
you almost rattled them off.

Intake, Exhaust, Tune, Supercharger, and your universal stuff like nitrous

You can probably get things done to components like porting/polishing but i dont know of anyone selling components already done or alternative versions of things like the TB or intake manifold.

non-go fast mods like lowering kits also exist.
Thank you, but I knew about the super charger that’s just out of my budget and I’m going for more of a N/A setup first then later on throw in a super charger or nitrous.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:46 PM   #8
sari.camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
all depends on what kinda "racing" you speak of....

and theres more than plenty of mods. we have ported TB's. theres plenty of intakes and exhausts.... superchargers, and nitrous kits are limited, but the few we have are quality.(nitrous is kinda more universal)

first you need to figure out if you wanna stay boost, nitrous, or N/A. and also the main thing... whats your budget. theres a lot that dream big, and grind small or their budget is small. so its better to remain realistic with your cash flow if you're serious.

also if you are getting into autoX or road racing, 95% of the fast people at the track will urge you to learn your car before you throw any mods at it. after 3 decades of racing from R/C to full size cars, I def agree with their suggestion.

but theres plenty of mods to go fast, to handle and to stop, because all three are important and overlap across the way.

one thing I will urge.... there isn't a best magical mod that will "decimate all....after you overnight some parts...." newbies come in and ask that all the time...whats the best intake, whats the best exhaust, whats the best etc... theres nothing magical out there.

if there was, we'd all be running the same exact parts...just out of logic. cause who would wanna buy anything less?
Thank you for the response, I’m going N/A first then planning on later down the line to get a super charger or some sort of nitrous for the car. Street racing is what I do every weekend so I’d like to keep it towards exhaust, intake and throttle body’s to help me out then when I get all I can for the car I wanna tune it. Do you have any links to the throttle body’s you spoke of? Yes, you are right about the one big mod that will decimate everything, there’s just no such thing.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #9
sari.camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyneS View Post
There’s the Overkill Supercharger (best IMO) available now, there was talk of throttle body’s but that seems to have fizzled out. I can easily go down the list of what’s not available. I wish there was a flex fuel option but No.
Yes I know of your build it’s awesome, seen you on Instagram but the only thing is I’m trying to stay N/A for now and tune with bolt ons then later down the road when I save up I’ll buy some type of boost for the car.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #10
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 10:06 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:37 PM   #11
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
If your trying to stay N/A

Start with Intake Ported Throttle Body and a Tune. Vmax sells a great throttle body. You can also cut the flanges on the mouth of the intake manifold to keep the air flowing good and smooth.

Exhaust would be your next option and then if you are going 100% race car or barely drive your car you can go 100% E85 - Rough estimations for E85 are 50% less fuel economy 30% less cost and 7-9% more power.. The thing with E85 is it will scale as you increase HP with other mods.

If you did all of this with a good tune you should be in the 310-330 RWHP range. Just a guesstimate

I dont know anyone with all these together.. I know someone with intake throttlebody and exhaust but no E85 and they dyno'd right around 290. I know someone with just intake and E85 and they were right in the 300 Area..

These are all with tunes of course!

Hope this helps.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:30 PM   #12
sari.camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
If your trying to stay N/A

Start with Intake Ported Throttle Body and a Tune. Vmax sells a great throttle body. You can also cut the flanges on the mouth of the intake manifold to keep the air flowing good and smooth.

Exhaust would be your next option and then if you are going 100% race car or barely drive your car you can go 100% E85 - Rough estimations for E85 are 50% less fuel economy 30% less cost and 7-9% more power.. The thing with E85 is it will scale as you increase HP with other mods.

If you did all of this with a good tune you should be in the 310-330 RWHP range. Just a guesstimate

I dont know anyone with all these together.. I know someone with intake throttlebody and exhaust but no E85 and they dyno'd right around 290. I know someone with just intake and E85 and they were right in the 300 Area..

These are all with tunes of course!

Hope this helps.
MBRP cat back, K&N intake, Vmax throttle body and a tune is what I’m getting now thank you so much. You stay helping me even on instagram haha love the build but thanks again to everyone we really do have a good community.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:38 AM   #13
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sari.camaro View Post
Thank you for the response, I’m going N/A first then planning on later down the line to get a super charger or some sort of nitrous for the car. Street racing is what I do every weekend so I’d like to keep it towards exhaust, intake and throttle body’s to help me out then when I get all I can for the car I wanna tune it. Do you have any links to the throttle body’s you spoke of? Yes, you are right about the one big mod that will decimate everything, there’s just no such thing.
http://vmaxmotorsports.com. call and ask for pete. Hell get ya set up.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:19 PM   #14
sari.camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
http://vmaxmotorsports.com. call and ask for pete. Hell get ya set up.
Perfect I’ll give him a call in the coming weeks, thank you so much.

Tags
6genv6, bolton, boltons, camaro, mods