Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #15
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
might help explain it a bit better. its technical, but most will get it. http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510599

once they do the flushes, the next step is the torque converter replacement. GM has "upgraded" the converter part numbers two times now, last I checked. naturally a better clutch material will provide better lockup. however theres no real way outside of dissection of a tq converter to find out what exactly was improved.

but the link above, shows how tuning can solve said issue.

most I know locally, that have went to circle D tq converters in their SS models, have increased the line pressure as done in the link, and haven't looked back and zero issues.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:20 PM   #16
RxSummit16

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro LT2 RS
I forwarded them a PDF of the tsb this evening...it will be interesting to see their response..they definitely feel the issue..I had one guy ride with me and then later the transmission tech took it for drive and both people feel it. But the transmission tech says it is not the transmission...I could be wrong but it feels exactly like what everyone else has described.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #17
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxSummit16 View Post
I forwarded them a PDF of the tsb this evening...it will be interesting to see their response..they definitely feel the issue..I had one guy ride with me and then later the transmission tech took it for drive and both people feel it. But the transmission tech says it is not the transmission...I could be wrong but it feels exactly like what everyone else has described.
if he rides again, ask him to use the starscan tool or whatever monitoring tool it is, to monitor slippage in 7th and 8th gear where it usually occurs (or where ever it occurs in your car)

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 11-13-2017, 02:28 PM   #18
RxSummit16

So just got car back and they insist its normal behavior. The transmission tech rode with me and felt what I was talking about. They had run several diagnostics on it and didnt find anything. I m not sure if they had done the one you are referencing though. They had it a week and I was just ready to have it back. From what has been posted though, this isnt something easily fixed by dealer so I pretty much give up and will live with it unless it gets noticeably worse.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #19
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxSummit16 View Post
So just got car back and they insist its normal behavior. The transmission tech rode with me and felt what I was talking about. They had run several diagnostics on it and didnt find anything. I m not sure if they had done the one you are referencing though. They had it a week and I was just ready to have it back. From what has been posted though, this isnt something easily fixed by dealer so I pretty much give up and will live with it unless it gets noticeably worse.
nah, that's why I mentioned to have them do so... so they know SPECIFICALLY where and at what range to monitor. or even have them let you drive, while they ride along and monitor. make sure you do the same thing to recreate the occurrence.

facts being, some dealerships will sell ya something and be the drizzling sh*ts when it comes to servicing it. we've all heard of the warranty denials cause of intakes, and even genuine gm parts they didn't get to install and charge you for. On the other side, some dealer ships are "fantastically well" when it comes to it and will go above and beyond to ensure you love, not like....love what you bought.

my advice, check with another dealership. or better yet, call into the GM Quality line thingy. theres quite a few posts on it in the transmission forum. talk to them and have them open up a case ticket if need be if the problem is still there. theres also a GM Rep in some of the posts that check in from time to time about issues with the cars and helping people get stuff right. (if I run across a post tonight with it, i'll add it to this post)

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=285

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=142

This is the one you may wanna send a PM to...
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=17

Old 11-14-2017, 07:16 AM   #20
RxSummit16

Thanks for the info...I'm going to give it a couple of months and take it back and tell them its still doing it and to do the test that you mentioned. I will say, I feel like they did try to help...multiple test drives and they did talk to GM supposedly. I do find it hard to believe that this wasnt a simple trusting the customer and going by the TSB solution provided by GM.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #21
LtColumbo

Drives: 2017 1LT RS V6 A8, 2020 Fusion
I wouldn't describe the feeling I get in my car when the engine switches from v4 to v6 as a shudder. It simply has the annoying feeling of the TC unlocking for a split second, then locking again. Only one time per change from v4 to v6.
LtColumbo is offline   Reply With Quote