Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-15-2017, 12:22 AM   #15
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Totally agree. The Bolt is an awesome car. But why did GM style it to look like a jellybean on wheels?
I got one the other day for a DD, it's not so bad looking
Attached Images

-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:27 AM   #16
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Totally agree. The Bolt is an awesome car. But why did GM style it to look like a jellybean on wheels?
In order to get a 200 mile + range under $30,000. And in a form that would appeal to a broader market (commuters as opposed to enthusiasts).
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:45 AM   #17
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
The way I would look at it is IF there continues to be a Camaro, it will be stylish, sporty, and will perform better than most anything in the GM fleet except Corvette and some select Cadillacs.

If we start with that and work our way backwards, Corvette is going to have to compete against Porsche 911. Porsche is already on record as saying 911 will get a plug-in hybrid. Corvette will also compete with McLaren 570 variants. McLaren is on record as stating that several of their models will have electric motors. Not clear, but expect that for most of them the electric motors will be in conjunction with an ICE. Ferrari is on record stating that most if not all of their future models will include hybrid content. I was at that press conference at the 2016 Paris Auto Show.

So....Corvette will likely need electric motors, probably in conjunction with ICE, to compete with Porsche, Ferrari, and McLaren. What does that mean for Camaro?

Let's look at Camaro competitors. Ford has already stated that Mustang will get a hybrid model. They were not clear on whether it will be a hybrid or a plug-in hybrid, but they did say that it would have "V8-like performance". Makes me think it will be an EcoBoost 4-cylinder with strong electric motors, combining for sub-4.0s 0 - 60. Dodge continues to be a mystery. There is so much room for improvement it is possible (but not likely) that they could take a clean slate approach and field an all electric sports car to replace Challenger. Not likely, though. FCA has little money to invest in a dedicated architecture for a sports car and their public statements on electrification (at least Marchionne's) are not supportive. They could, of course, partner with someone and bring something exciting to market. Personally, I expect Challenger to simply go away. It is more dependent on Hemi than Camaro is on Small Block or Mustang is on 5.0L.

At the end of the day, I expect both Mustang and Camaro to have smaller ICE engines combined with powerful electric motors and mid-sized battery packs. The one thing that could keep both from going all electric is the packaging of the battery pack to deliver the power and range that Camaro / Mustang buyers will want.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:29 PM   #18
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
it is just a matter of time…

At some point for the 7th Gen we will get a hybrid camaro maybe a 200 hp electric engine with a 300 hp 5.2L combustion Engine... doing 40 MPG from that moment the Size of the Engine will get smaller and smaller until we get like a 0.5 L 50 hp V8 and a 500 hp electric engine, finally when the combustion engines are banned the camaro and corvette WILL stop production.

AI has said He will never produce anything that goes against the Camaro legacy and that is a V8 engine on a 2+2 coupe
they are Spiritual attached to Gas engines and they will NEVER do an all-electric car as it will destroy the purpose of the car by that time another 2+2 car will replace the future camaro

as long as it will keep the V8 even if it is a 1 litter V8 I don’t care if the car has other power plant. But an all-electric sport car--- call it E-Maro O whatever GM marketing guys want but not camaro because Im gonna be so mad…

OR GM can trun into a V8 Hydrogen car... still be a Internal Combustion V8 and GET Zero emitions no matter the size of the engine but I doubt this as Americans laws are so rigged to keep Oil companies Dirt Rich

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrog...engine_vehicle
Old 11-15-2017, 10:36 PM   #19
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Unless things change and the current trend away from coupes and sedans for some unknown reason takes place, I have my doubts that after the current model reaches the end of its production cycle it will replaced with a Gen7 of any kind.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:25 PM   #20
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
EV looks like the future. Batteries get smaller, lighter, and more powerful every year.

The infrastructure is already there, since tesla has been busy installing charging stations everywhere.

An electric Camaro is inevitable. I just hope they aren't single speeds.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:26 AM   #21
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
EV looks like the future. Batteries get smaller, lighter, and more powerful every year.

The infrastructure is already there, since tesla has been busy installing charging stations everywhere.

An electric Camaro is inevitable. I just hope they aren't single speeds.
with the torque the electric motor produces there is no need for a transmission at all.something to ponder when the need arises to replace the clutch or rebuild the trans.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:09 PM   #22
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
with the torque the electric motor produces there is no need for a transmission at all.something to ponder when the need arises to replace the clutch or rebuild the trans.
This is true, however, formula E and electric racing machines are using multi speed transmissions. And I hope that a fun EV, would have some form of shifting. Its the one thing holding teslas back on the track. One forward gear is not my idea of fun. Sure it works great, and less moving parts is more reliable/cost effective, but in motorsport single speed gearboxes get left in the dust.

Ive raced a few electric Go-karts, they had flappy paddle gearboxes, and they were fun as hell. The noises they made were great too. Like a swarm of pissed off bees lol.

Last edited by soloknight6; 11-16-2017 at 12:24 PM.
soloknight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:22 PM   #23
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
pretty cool video.i have to admit i would be up for an electric camaro with paddle shifters.sounded like friggen warpdrive,how fast was he actually going?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #24
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
Electric Race Car.
BORING.
The death of motorsports.

Why even have a driver, why not just self driving electric cars in a race.

"Today on E-ESPN, the apple-google 500 sponsored by microsoft."
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:30 PM   #25
Knein

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue M6 NPP/Mag
Electric Camaro

Tesla just upped the ante again.

The new Roadster 0-60 in 1.9. Quarter mile in 8.9 seconds. 620Miles of range on a single charge. Top speed over 250MPH. Who knows how much the thing will cost though. Most super cars can't touch that.
Knein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:44 PM   #26
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knein View Post

The new Roadster 0-60 in 1.9. Quarter mile in 8.9 seconds. 620Miles of range on a single charge. Top speed over 250MPH. Who knows how much the thing will cost though. Most super cars can't touch that.
I saw that, crazy. NO CAR CAN TOUCH THAT. No road car can go 0-60 in under 2 seconds, 0-100 in 4.2, seat 4, and have a range of 620miles.

I have a feeling many of these things will be crashed lol, I don't think many people could control a vehicle with that kind of acceleration on public roads.

The semi trucks look great too. 1 MILLION MILE POWERTRAIN WARRANTY. Seriously... The future is crazy...

LOOK AT THE ACCELERATION!!!! UNREAL!!!! @ 1:45

Last edited by soloknight6; 11-17-2017 at 04:05 AM.
soloknight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #27
Chevy Runs Deep

Drives: 2015 BLK 1SS LS3 M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPER1LE View Post
O.P., I can tell you that Chevrolet and several colleges/universities are already testing electric power only in a Camaro, at least Georgia Tech is. GT brought theirs to November Caffiene and Octane in Atlanta. They do indeed have a ways to go but they were driving it. The whole trunk of this 6th gen was packed full of the operating system. I should have taken a picture for all of you so sorry about that.
And i thought this was a flash in the pan when i recovered the refrigerant in the Georgia Tech 6th Gen for engine removal. Was well over a year ago. Did speak with the engineering students for a while about it and they were adamant about retaining the fun factor.
Attached Images

Chevy Runs Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:16 AM   #28
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knein View Post

Here's hoping they put in some intelligence in the car for that 8.9s 1/4... I don't think many truly understand what it would mean for the driver of something like that... Especially given the people that will end up with the cars if they make an actual production.

That's faster than even the McLaren 720s that's owning ass all over the place.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote