Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #337
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
A train conductor gave me a small toot from his horn, waved at me, my roof was open and I waved back, then he gave me a thumbs up!!!! The train was stopped, no intersection, no other cars around, and I was going 25 mph on a road besides the track. The Bumblebee and kids, that is for real...
Attached Images

Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #338
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by econ View Post
I hear ohio has a pretty bad economy. Maybe this car screams luxury over there?
Nah...it's not Beverly Hills but we have a lot of vettes, BMW's running around and I have seen some Ferarri and Lambo's too. In fact I see more Vettes and BMW's than I do Camaro's so maybe I'm the trailer park dude driving his Camaro...LOL!
Old 09-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #339
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
I'm blown away by this also. Since we were 3 years later than planned getting our car, I figured we'd missed out on all the excitement also but it sure doesn't seem like it.

We can't take it for a quick spin around the block without someone yelling nice car or taking pictures. Maybe we get more of it because its a convertible, or maybe we just notice it more since the top and windows are down. Pull into a gas station and suddenly everyone wants to ask those same two questions. What engine is in it? Is it a stick?

I've been a car guy all my life, but I can't remember ever seeing a new car launch with this much excitement and enthusiasm, and then for it to continue 6 or 7 years without really dying down any is amazing.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #340
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
A train conductor gave me a small toot from his horn, waved at me, my roof was open and I waved back, then he gave me a thumbs up!!!! The train was stopped, no intersection, no other cars around, and I was going 25 mph on a road besides the track. The Bumblebee and kids, that is for real...
Great looking car!

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #341
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Could have been another Camaro owner. My brother works for the railroad and has a 2010 SS E-forced.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:24 PM   #342
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLS3 View Post
Every time I see this thread I shake my head.. People there's a camaro every 2 blocks and in every parking lot in America.. Who hasn't seen a camaro? Don't get me wrong I love my car but I don't feel like I'm brad Pitt when I drive it. Pretty sure it's your massive egos
You need to come north a bit where it snows every year. People that can't afford a winter beater don't have a Camaro because they are afeard of driving it in the snow.

When I was driving around a park on an isolated road in WI the kid that yelled, "HEY A CAMARO!!!" Pretty sure he wasn't looking at any other cars since I was the only other car on that road.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #343
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
You need to come north a bit where it snows every year. People that can't afford a winter beater don't have a Camaro because they are afeard of driving it in the snow.

When I was driving around a park on an isolated road in WI the kid that yelled, "HEY A CAMARO!!!" Pretty sure he wasn't looking at any other cars since I was the only other car on that road.
Ugh...speaking of snow it's almost time to put the camaro away for the year. I don't drive mine in the snow that's what my truck is for but it's still going to be fun 4wheelin in the snow
Old 09-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #344
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Snow drifting got to love it.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #345
Dcoy56

Drives: 2013 2SS RS camaro
I own one. Yet I still stare. It's a great design
Dcoy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #346
JDH
SKRPION

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
I have been late to where I was going several times because both young and old like to talk to me about my Camaro. The young would like to have one. The old always have a story of an old Camaro they sold.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #347
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Every time I see this thread I shake my head.. People there's a camaro every 2 blocks and in every parking lot in America.. Who hasn't seen a camaro? Don't get me wrong I love my car but...
Yeah, this.

I'm in Ohio driving a black Camaro. Today I had to stop at a few stores. I left right after the evening rush (around 6pm). The loop I made is about 6 miles total and I took about an hour total to do everything I had to.

I saw three other black Camaros, two yellows and an imperial blue. (and not a single one waved so now I have to sell mine! )

They were definitely head turners for the first year or two. Maybe into 2012 even. I think based on the look people thought they were more than they really are. Then as they became familiar and realized it's a totally affordable vehicle, more jumped on. Add to that the fact that we're 5 model years in and the used market has enabed a lot of people to jump in as well - I still see more and more 10-13's than 14's popping up in the area. That's not a slam on the 14's, but indication that more people are buying used.

I'm more suprised to see a 3rd or 4th gen than a 5th gen anymore.

I'm amazed that there's still pockets of America that the 5th gen turns heads like it did in 2010/2011.

I'd love to come visit sometime.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:29 AM   #348
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
5th gens aren't rare here either, it's not rarity that makes people notice them, it's just love for the car. Similar to something like the tri5 Chevy... Everyone knows the car but they'll still gather around one at the gas station or take pictures at a car show.

Like someone else mentioned, I own a 5th Gen and still love to see them on the road.

Last edited by Chevy_cowboy; 09-26-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Chevy_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #349
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Every time I see this thread I shake my head.. People there's a camaro every 2 blocks and in every parking lot in America.. Who hasn't seen a camaro? Don't get me wrong I love my car but I don't feel like I'm brad Pitt when I drive it. Pretty sure it's your massive egos

Exactly. It is just a Camaro. I love mine too, but it is a Camaro.

Now I do get stares, people taking pictures, folks stopping to ask about or talk about, and lots of attention when I'm in the Vette or the El Camino. The Vette, mostly from females (the rumble from the side pipes and sexy curves, maybe?), and the El Camino more from men. My Camaro is pretty decked out and what not, but I don't expect eww's and ahhh's from it from people. It's just a Camaro. Again, I love the Camaro and always have loved the many I've had throughout the years (all but one generation, #4).
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #350
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Exactly. It is just a Camaro. I love mine too, but it is a Camaro.

Now I do get stares, people taking pictures, folks stopping to ask about or talk about, and lots of attention when I'm in the Vette or the El Camino. The Vette, mostly from females (the rumble from the side pipes and sexy curves, maybe?), and the El Camino more from men. My Camaro is pretty decked out and what not, but I don't expect eww's and ahhh's from it from people. It's just a Camaro. Again, I love the Camaro and always have loved the many I've had throughout the years (all but one generation, #4).
There is 3 on my street.. People look at me but it's not because it's a camaro.. Because it's loud as hell. Headers will get you some attention but it had never once made me feel like people are staring out of jealousy because I'm so awesome in my car.
TXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote