Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 06-14-2016, 10:42 PM   #85
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
$41k is my limit.
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:12 PM   #86
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
$41k is my limit.
Limit exceeded. I would be shocked if it was less than $43k MSRP. A base 2017 1SS is gonna cost $38k with no options and the 1LE package this time around should be at least 5k. You would have to figure MRC and NPP add $2700 alone so by the time you figure the brakes, e-diff, suspension upgrades, wheel and tire upgrade, HUD, upgraded seats, suede bits, cosmetic stuff like hood wrap, front splitter, painted calipers, etc. they could easily justify $5k for the 1LE package.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:10 AM   #87
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
After doing a few track days I'm revising my answer. If the new 1LE doesn't come in at about $43k and COMPLETELY blow me away I'm just going to keep my 15 1LE and make it better. You can buy a lot of mods for $20k
Old 06-15-2016, 08:59 AM   #88
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
$41k is my limit.
That will never happen. That would mean it is like a $3000 package...$500 less than the last one.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #89
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Limit exceeded. I would be shocked if it was less than $43k MSRP. A base 2017 1SS is gonna cost $38k with no options and the 1LE package this time around should be at least 5k. You would have to figure MRC and NPP add $2700 alone so by the time you figure the brakes, e-diff, suspension upgrades, wheel and tire upgrade, HUD, upgraded seats, suede bits, cosmetic stuff like hood wrap, front splitter, painted calipers, etc. they could easily justify $5k for the 1LE package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
That will never happen. That would mean it is like a $3000 package...$500 less than the last one.
$43k would be a GREAT deal. If anyone has a problem with that price they really don't want what the 1LE offers. Just buy a 1SS.

By comparison IMHO, the $5k to upgrade to the 2SS is overpriced. You will get more substantial upgrades for your money with the 1LE.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:00 AM   #90
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I got my 1SS for about $37. It will smash the 1LE when im done but i'll likely be in it more than I would have been had I just waited for the 1LE. I think there is a lot to be said for being unique though too....

Thats a tough one.....

All the best,

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:03 AM   #91
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
I got my 1SS for about $37. It will smash the 1LE when im done but i'll likely be in it more than I would have been had I just waited for the 1LE. I think there is a lot to be said for being unique though too....

Thats a tough one.....

All the best,

Jared Royce
Supercharging as well?
Old 06-15-2016, 11:09 AM   #92
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
Supercharging as well?
Probably ProCharger, maybe Heartbeat. Suspension will be dialed for sure.

Jared
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #93
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post

Thats a tough one.....

All the best,

Jared Royce
See, for me, the eDif is one of those magical car parts that not many people will tackle on their own. So its either pony up for the 1LE or sit on the sideline.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:14 PM   #94
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
See, for me, the eDif is one of those magical car parts that not many people will tackle on their own. So its either pony up for the 1LE or sit on the sideline.
And the MR.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #95
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
And the MR.
But you can get the MR on the standard SS cars [although it will be tuned especially for the 1LEs stiffer suspension] overall the system is not 'unique' to the 1LE.

The eDiff won't be something you can 'tick a box' for on the standard car without choosing the 1LE option.

I think $5,000 is the perfect amount for this package.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:20 PM   #96
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
But you can get the MR on the standard SS cars [although it will be tuned especially for the 1LEs stiffer suspension] overall the system is not 'unique' to the 1LE.

The eDiff won't be something you can 'tick a box' for on the standard car without choosing the 1LE option.

I think $5,000 is the perfect amount for this package.
Not unique on the surface...but you said exactly what I was getting at: calibration. The magic is in the coding...
Old 06-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #97
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
$43k would be a GREAT deal. If anyone has a problem with that price they really don't want what the 1LE offers. Just buy a 1SS.

By comparison IMHO, the $5k to upgrade to the 2SS is overpriced. You will get more substantial upgrades for your money with the 1LE.
I thought the 5k extra was as high as well for the 2SS but when I really gave it some thought this time around. I said to myself, I love the performance upgrades of the 1LE but having owned a GEN5 1LE, I never tracked the car and therefore I am unable to fully take advantage of the additional performance it provides. Furthermore, when I found out there would not be a 2SS 1LE, I just bit the bullet and bought a loaded 2SS with MRC, NPP and NAV. I am enjoying things like the ventilated leather seats, upgraded stereo and even the blind spot monitor. Those are things I actually use all the time so they have value. Some of the stuff is a waste for me like heated steering wheel and wireless charging pad, dual zone climate control but I was able to get quite a bit of discount off which made it easier to justify.

The NPP exhaust sounds really good, seems a bit louder vs. my GEN 5 1LE and definitely has a louder bark to it on startup and when winding out the gears. The different NPP modes are cool but unfortunately I have one of the NPP exhausts that rattle when closed. I just pulled the fuse anyway and leave the valves open all the time.

The MRC is interesting. I couldn't really tell a dramatic difference between the modes during my initial test drives but now that I have had more seat time with the car I can tell the difference pretty clearly. Essentially, MRC in sport mode feels like the standard SS non-MRC suspension. The real benefit of MRC IMO, is being able to go softer or firmer than a non-MRC car with the touch of a button. In Tour mode it is not like a cadillac or Lincoln continental but the dampening is reduced a lot and you definetly have a more compliant ride, I also feel more body roll in this setting. Sport mode is a little firmer but not enough for me to actually notice. Now, Track mode is apparent immediately to me, the dampers get so firm you feel every little crack and pebble in the road. The ride actually gets jittery if you know what I mean and then when you chuck it into a corner the car stays flatter with less roll. That said, Track mode of this car is still not as dialed in as my GEN 5 1LE was the turns. I think the GEN5 1LE is faster in the turns but the GEN6 SS makes up for it on the straights. I can see where the GEN6 1LE with beefier sways and springs combined with bigger and better tire will get it through the corners quicker.

Lastly, the A8. I know this is the 1LE section and talk of an auto is usually not welcome. I wrestled with this decision for a while. I was coming out of a gen5 1LE so I was used to shifting but I really like this auto. It shifts fast and hard enough to keep things exciting. The paddle shifters have some lag as it takes about a second from the flip of the paddle before it signals the tranny to shift, but when it shifts, it shifts fast. Based on the videos I just saw regarding the upcoming A10 I am starting to wonder myself if the manual tranny will stand the test of time. The shifts are even quicker and the paddle shift lag is non-existent. I love to row my own gears but the autos just keep getting better and better.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:51 AM   #98
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
I thought the 5k extra was as high as well for the 2SS but when I really gave it some thought this time around. I said to myself, I love the performance upgrades of the 1LE but having owned a GEN5 1LE, I never tracked the car and therefore I am unable to fully take advantage of the additional performance it provides. Furthermore, when I found out there would not be a 2SS 1LE, I just bit the bullet and bought a loaded 2SS with MRC, NPP and NAV. I am enjoying things like the ventilated leather seats, upgraded stereo and even the blind spot monitor. Those are things I actually use all the time so they have value. Some of the stuff is a waste for me like heated steering wheel and wireless charging pad, dual zone climate control but I was able to get quite a bit of discount off which made it easier to justify.

The NPP exhaust sounds really good, seems a bit louder vs. my GEN 5 1LE and definitely has a louder bark to it on startup and when winding out the gears. The different NPP modes are cool but unfortunately I have one of the NPP exhausts that rattle when closed. I just pulled the fuse anyway and leave the valves open all the time.

The MRC is interesting. I couldn't really tell a dramatic difference between the modes during my initial test drives but now that I have had more seat time with the car I can tell the difference pretty clearly. Essentially, MRC in sport mode feels like the standard SS non-MRC suspension. The real benefit of MRC IMO, is being able to go softer or firmer than a non-MRC car with the touch of a button. In Tour mode it is not like a cadillac or Lincoln continental but the dampening is reduced a lot and you definetly have a more compliant ride, I also feel more body roll in this setting. Sport mode is a little firmer but not enough for me to actually notice. Now, Track mode is apparent immediately to me, the dampers get so firm you feel every little crack and pebble in the road. The ride actually gets jittery if you know what I mean and then when you chuck it into a corner the car stays flatter with less roll. That said, Track mode of this car is still not as dialed in as my GEN 5 1LE was the turns. I think the GEN5 1LE is faster in the turns but the GEN6 SS makes up for it on the straights. I can see where the GEN6 1LE with beefier sways and springs combined with bigger and better tire will get it through the corners quicker.

Lastly, the A8. I know this is the 1LE section and talk of an auto is usually not welcome. I wrestled with this decision for a while. I was coming out of a gen5 1LE so I was used to shifting but I really like this auto. It shifts fast and hard enough to keep things exciting. The paddle shifters have some lag as it takes about a second from the flip of the paddle before it signals the tranny to shift, but when it shifts, it shifts fast. Based on the videos I just saw regarding the upcoming A10 I am starting to wonder myself if the manual tranny will stand the test of time. The shifts are even quicker and the paddle shift lag is non-existent. I love to row my own gears but the autos just keep getting better and better.
Great write up, and you made a good case for your selection of the 2SS. The fact you have owned a 1LE before gives you a reference point for your decision this time.

A lot of the options (and desire for them) are completely subjective when attaching value. To each his/her own, as they say.

This will be my first Camaro, first muscle car (actually we know it's a sports car), first American car I have purchased since I had a 1982 Camaro with a 4 banger.

Not having a recent history has me wanting something a little different, like the 1LE.

My DD is a Tacoma, so I won't really miss the creature comforts. I do get seat time in the wife's ATS, but nothing it has options-wise is a must have for me.

The Gen 6 is a great car with something for everyone.