Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Outdoor car cover recommendations?

So I was considering purchasing the GM outdoor car cover (I'll admit, I'm a sucker for the stripes on it) but ultimately I want the best protection, and durability of the cover I can get without breaking the bank...

Working for the railroad means more often than not, I head to work... leave the car there, head to where I'm going, enjoy the finer aspects of hotel living (like being bored to death, watching terrible TV, and eating food I shouldn't), and the car sits for a couple days at the rail yard, exposed to the elements and whatever wonderful little contaminants the locomotives are spewing into the air that settle onto the surface of the vehicles...

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I have the GM cover and I love it. It takes about 3 minutes to put it on by myself and fits perfectly. It's not great in a heavy wind so you have to make sure you tighten it up but other than that it's a great cover.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Ah, ok... good to know. A buddy of mine had one for his 4th Gen that had grommets so you can slide a cable underneath to lock it (ensure it stays on)... maybe I'll keep searching just in case... I'd hate to have it blow off the car while I'm off in a hotel in BFE somewhere.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

Old 06-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Dude! You rich lol, JK anyways I have a custom on and it's pro grade vinyl with a medium nap on the inside and the pro grade vinyl on the outside.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
Tayap79

Drives: 2013 Victorty Red Camaro 2SS
Fellow RR employee here (NS)....I have the Covercraft Weathershield HP and it worked great against the snow and ice in PA this winter. Car looked the exact same as it did as the day I covered it. Just make sure everything is clean, no dirt between the cover and the car and your good.

Make sure you buy the gust guards that go with it, keeps the wind from beating it to death.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayap79 View Post
Fellow RR employee here (NS)....I have the Covercraft Weathershield HP and it worked great against the snow and ice in PA this winter. Car looked the exact same as it did as the day I covered it. Just make sure everything is clean, no dirt between the cover and the car and your good.

Make sure you buy the gust guards that go with it, keeps the wind from beating it to death.
Looks perfect- it even has the tie down grommets I was looking for to keep people from messing with it! (I'm more concerned about that than the wind- working for the railroad, I'm sure you understand the mentality out here... lol... It'll go well with my locking gas cap, locking valve-stems and locking lug nuts... hahaha)

By the way, Canadian National, Grand Trunk Western Division for me

Old 06-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had the GM one. Definitely worked perfect. Can't beat the stripes and the "CAMARO" On the side either
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Sin not to cover - best I've found is Wolf custom fit. Way better than the cheapo cover I had for years.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #9
10forty2

Drives: 1992 Chevy K5 Blazer
You're gonna get what you pay for, so knowing that, I'd say get the best one you can afford. Make sure it's soft on the inside where it touches your car and breathable, yet water resistant. Breathable so it doesn't build up moisture on the underneath next to the car and water resistant to repel rain and dew-fall. And you'll want to make sure your car and the cover is clean before you put it on.....nothing like a little dust scrubbed around on some pristine paint to ruin your day.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #10
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
Cakifornia car covers. If you plan on leaving it out for an extended time they sell car capsules, meaning the entire car is protected. Drive it on, cover it, seal it and forget about it.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote