Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2016, 12:06 PM   #155
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
Invite some ugly fat people to your house for nude sunbathing. I'm sure the drone will stop taking video.
Lol.....now I know that would for sure.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #156
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I'd love to have the skill to fly like this.

Cool video looks like so much fun
Old 02-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #157
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
I`m more concerned with some twisted, unstable idiot running around in a crowd with a gun in their hand than a gun mounted on a unstable drone platform. The bigger fear is the thought of using a drone to carry explosives and don`t think that hasn`t already crossed some lunatics warped mind already.
GPS in the past had built in error so prevent someone from automating the navigation. Now, it's really actually pretty precise. I agree this is a worry, though this isn't just limited to drones...but all R/C aerial vehicles of any size. Airplanes, Gliders (this one worries me more, because there wouldn't be any noise warning you), drones...you can put a LOT of other things to use to be just as deadly, in my opinion. Singling out drones isn't the solution...you need to go after the pilots.

Considering any payload would be pretty tiny on a drone, I'm still more worried about using private planes with explosives the way 9/11 was done, just not depending on jet fuel do do all the damage.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #158
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
GPS in the past had built in error so prevent someone from automating the navigation. Now, it's really actually pretty precise. I agree this is a worry, though this isn't just limited to drones...but all R/C aerial vehicles of any size. Airplanes, Gliders (this one worries me more, because there wouldn't be any noise warning you), drones...you can put a LOT of other things to use to be just as deadly, in my opinion. Singling out drones isn't the solution...you need to go after the pilots.

Considering any payload would be pretty tiny on a drone, I'm still more worried about using private planes with explosives the way 9/11 was done, just not depending on jet fuel do do all the damage.
I understand what the payload limits of a drone are but this is what worries the British and we the U.S should too is a multi-drone plastic explosive attack.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/593...tivals-Britain
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #159
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
I understand what the payload limits of a drone are but this is what worries the British and we the U.S should too is a multi-drone plastic explosive attack.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/593...tivals-Britain
I'm more worried about other types of attacks long before drones. When you have people willing to walk into an area wearing explosives...why bother with drones.

I'm not saying we shouldn't keep an eye out...I'm just saying that 1) banning drones will never happen and 2) drones also can be used for worthwhile purposes too. So having the attitude that all drones are bad so lets just shoot them down no matter what is the wrong attitude to have.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:44 PM   #160
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
So last night I notice what I thought was a UFO or space ship and thought cool, I get to welcome the little green guys to Earth.

Once it was almost over my house I figured it was a drone as it would stop and hover in one spot then move in a different direction. I could hear the sound of the propellers and almost make out the shape.

I started thinking, is it a peeping drone, what if it crashes into my house, my car, my kids or dog.......then I was like a moving target

Just has me wondering now, what can these things do and not do? I really do not like the thought of the thing over my home, time for a little research.

Looked similar to this about 4 feet by 4 feet almost square.
I believe that was a drone with a camera attached to the bottom of it. I saw one of those six months ago back when I was living with my parents, but now I live in the middle of nowhere with my uncle. I brought up the idea with him and his neighbors, and they thought it would be a good idea in the summer. They are really cool, just saying.
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote