Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #211
The Led Foot

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Mid engine!!
The Led Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #212
alexhegler
SS/RS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
gtfo
alexhegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #213
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
As a Disciple I can take all of this to the Camaro Team... some are possible, some are not. You add goodies, you add weight, everything is give & take. They will ask...are you willing to pay the price?

Janet
Janet brings forth a very good point:

At what price point? We all love carbon fiber - but it is expen$$$$$ive!

The reality of the automobile business today is that you are limited in 'free-flow' options - because it adds huge costs and it also negatively affects product quality. So - that means that some of the features you're asking for will necessarily have to go in the 2LT and the 2SS packages - which increases the price..........

It's important that the Camaro remain a 'Chevrolet' in terms of price. That means that the base car cannot have everything that people are asking for......so if we include things such as carbon fiber - it would be on our uplevel packages -

So you say "Fine! I'm willing to pay for it!" -- well - you might be, but what other percentage of the population is willing to pay for it? THAT'S the catch.

We have to make hard, fast decisions - so we get some good stuff out of threads such as this - but we also have to weed thru a lot of undoables.......

Keep it coming - but again - think about what I'm saying in terms of PRICE and WEIGHT and build complexity.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #214
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
I do not like the rendering above, I would rather see something with a little more influence from the vette.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #215
2012 ZL1#1658

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC ZL1 View Post
1. Less weight (all models)
2. Blind spot monitors
3. Front parking sensors (ZL1)
4. Option for an upgraded audio
5. Better visibility (without styling compromises - I know...)
6. Twin turbo or Supercharger options (ZL1)
7. Maintain the Magnetic ride suspension on the ZL1 (outstanding)
8. Improve the center console (too much plastic)
9. Sun visors with extensions
10. Custom paint options (ZL1)
11. Exterior trim options (i.e. carbon fiber accents)
12. Some how find a way to match the exception style of the 5th gen (tall order)
3M Paint Protection

2011 1SS/RS (BLACK on BLACK) <SOLD>
2012 ZL1#1658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #216
rudygotopless
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible SS
Wish list for Camaro 6

Hi Janet et al,
Here is my list for me to trade my 2012 2SS/RS automatic:
1) Lose weight
2) Navigation
3) Lighted Vanity Mirrors with slides
4) More throaty exhaust sound (I currently have SOLO exhausts)
5) Thermostat controlled heat/air (like my 2013 Malibu)
6) Driver Memory (like my 2013 Malibu)

I really love my 2012 Convertible 2SS, but I would trade for the Camaro 6 if it had those above mentioned items. I hope Chevy doesn't change the "Style-Looks" very much. I would be willing to pay for the additional items. A laundry list would be preferred rather than the groupings Chevy now has.
rudygotopless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #217
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
1LE option available on all models except ZR1 and Z28 should be a 1LE equipped, higher horsepower no FI.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #218
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
It is being developed on the smaller/lighter Alpha platform, what don't you understand about that??
Clyde
I'm not sure that you understand that because a car shares the same platform doesn't mean they will share the same dimensions, wheelbase, track etc. or weight. Platforms can be modified in many ways to support many applications. The Zeta platform that GM adapted for the 5th Gen Camaro was heavily modified from larger 4 door architecture. Alpha will have to be modified for the Camaro as it is being for the new CTS. An Alpha based Camaro won't share the same wheelbase, track, overall length or width with the CTS or ATS and thus it will be misunderstood to think the weight won't change either.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #219
jk69

Drives: An old truck
Bring back the Z28
Design to be sleeker, more sculpted, and even closer to the look of the 69 Camaro
Interior similar to the c7 corvette
Overhauled Gauge cluster
Cooled seats, optional luxury seats
Heated/cooled/adjustable back seats
Rear cupholders
Much better cup holders in the front
Ambient lighting standard
Roof lighting/rear-view mirror/seat belts like the concept (see http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132590)
(Well designed and engineered) hardtop convertible for SS and ZL1
Heated steering wheel
Redesigned trunk opening (be bigger and allow better access)
Redesigned rear lights
Optional high-end audiophile sound system (something like Sennheiser)
More lightweight construction (drop about 400 lbs as most people have already said)
Glove box light
Good sun visors
Durable paint
More paint colors (I want a grey between the silver ice and ashen grey)
Turn off button for the afm
More rear leg room
Memory seats
Electronic parking brake
Less plastic in interior
Blind spot monitoring and turn signals on side mirrors
Possibly hideaway lights
More interior options (like ford)
Unique Badge for camaro (maybe)

Last edited by jk69; 01-24-2013 at 03:55 PM.
jk69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #220
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarFan View Post
I'm not sure that you understand that because a car shares the same platform doesn't mean they will share the same dimensions, wheelbase, track etc. or weight. Platforms can be modified in many ways to support many applications. The Zeta platform that GM adapted for the 5th Gen Camaro was heavily modified from larger 4 door architecture. Alpha will have to be modified for the Camaro as it is being for the new CTS. An Alpha based Camaro won't share the same wheelbase, track, overall length or width with the CTS or ATS and thus it will be misunderstood to think the weight won't change either.
CTS is going to be on Alpha II which is a stretched version, every indication at this point in time is that the 6th gen Camaro will be on the same Alpha chassis as the ATS. I think it is you who misunderstand, most everyone that has been following the 6th gen Camaro developement from the start has a pretty good idea that it will be very close in size and weight with the ATS. Your strandard answer/question on every thread I've seen you reply to (and I've not seen them all) is that 6th gen Camaro needs to be smaller and lighter, that conclusion has already been decided.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #221
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
First off get the weight down by about 300lbs. The new LT1 should be good with a lighter car. Make the car narrower by about 3 inches. Shorter by 2 inches. Lower the belt line of the whole car about 2 inches. I am tired of these tall doors, quarter panels and fenders. Try to make visabilty better. I like the interior except for the dual gauge pods. Change those.
I don't want the cabin of this car to get any narrower or smaller in anyway....
Little people already have a BMW.....

I would like to be able to put my right foot flat on the floor on long drives....
I think like they did with the Corvette make it a natural progression such as a evolution not a revolution...
Old 01-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #222
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimorejohn1 View Post
I don't want the cabin of this car to get any narrower or smaller in anyway....
Little people already have a BMW.....

I would like to be able to put my right foot flat on the floor on long drives...
You may be interested to know...that if Camaro uses the same basic architecture as the Cadillac ATS, based on some other GM coupe/sedan engineering....the interior of said car would be about the same as the current car. Maybe just a little tighter in shoulder room, but that's about it.

ATS/Alpha is a very space-efficient vehicle. I didn't realize it until I compared the numbers to other cars...
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #223
Radler

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Cyber Grey
Not sure if this has been mentioned but.... make the interior so that taller people (over 6 feet) do not have to have their heads hit the ceiling...I think this deters potential buyers due to the headroom, or lack of. Oh also....no more paddle shifters...make the sport mode use the shifter instead...I feel like an idiot using the paddle shifters :(
Radler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #224
Sweet Z

Drives: 2013 ZL-1
Auto Temperature Setting
Better Lit Interior Buttons (garage doors, mirrors, etc.)
A/C Seats w/Memory Settings
7 Speed Dual-Clutch Automatic
All Wheel Drive
2002 35th Anniversary SS
2010 2SS/RS Hennessey HPE600 Conversion
Sweet Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation