Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #15
Xp0gam3r

Drives: '15 2SS 1LE; '10 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Not liking this at all.

Yeah me neither. Looks odd... But here I was finally able to attach it:

Xp0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:23 PM   #16
GearBangr

Drives: 97Z,02TA
Those wheela look like like 18-19 to me.
GearBangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #17
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Really, my post got yanked?!
Was your post something like..."more speculation based on speculation"?
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #18
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Was your post something like..."more speculation based on speculation"?
yup.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:34 AM   #19
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
I've done a little simple math based on these numbers, that wheel base is basically the same as the ATS Coupe.

The curb weight on the ATS coupe is 3461 Lbs in the RWD 3.6L V6 configuration.

This is the same V6 as the 5th gen Camaro and should way pretty much the same at about 345 lbs. The LS3 weighs about 460 lbs when it was in the Vette, it's the same motor so it should be very close.

Using these figures a v8 powered RWD ATS would weigh about 3538 lbs.

So, assuming the 6th gen Camaro will be on this 109" wheelbase it should be pretty close to the curb of the 2015 ATS plus weight of the V8.

Take that for what it is, but i'm expecting to see a 3500-3600 lbs Camaro.

I was able to find some specs on the LT1 weight wise and it looks to be only about 5 lbs heavier than a LS3, so my LS3 number should be pretty much correct.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
I've done a little simple math based on these numbers, that wheel base is basically the same as the ATS Coupe.

The curb weight on the ATS coupe is 3461 Lbs in the RWD 3.6L V6 configuration.

This is the same V6 as the 5th gen Camaro and should way pretty much the same at about 345 lbs. The LS3 weighs about 460 lbs when it was in the Vette, it's the same motor so it should be very close.

Using these figures a v8 powered RWD ATS would weigh about 3538 lbs.

So, assuming the 6th gen Camaro will be on this 109" wheelbase it should be pretty close to the curb of the 2015 ATS plus weight of the V8.

Take that for what it is, but i'm expecting to see a 3500-3600 lbs Camaro.

I was able to find some specs on the LT1 weight wise and it looks to be only about 5 lbs heavier than a LS3, so my LS3 number should be pretty much correct.
Except your missing a lot more than just the extra weight of the engine. Your missing drivetrain, suspension, brakes, and the like. If the weight of the V6 is around 3,500 lbs, expect the V8 to be 3,650+

I'm expecting something around 3,700 lbs, or close to the base Mustang GT. If it is less than 3,700 it will be icing on the cake.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #21
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Woah, pretty cool this made home page. This are VERY rough estimates and primarily based off an assumed wheelbase, which I know isn't 100% accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Except even your base measurements are off of a fake front end and a decklid that is overhanging the rear bumper fascia by at least 4 inches if not more.

Nice try, but this is a much smaller car than what you are showing. Now the dimension may be close, but your tip to tail is off of parts that won't be going to production.

Even the most aggressive vehicles have some type of bumper on the back. The decklid is simply overhanging that bumper, even in this photo it's pretty clear.
I 100% agree with you, it is obvious GM is trying to camo this thing as much as possible and there is no doubt a lot of padding on this thing. I primarily did this exercise to see what kind of length this mule was (even with the padding). If these measurements are even somewhat accurate of this test mule then the 6th gen is going to be seriously smaller than the 5th gen. Even with all of the padding it is smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I think taking stabs at the 6th gen's length is fun, but really there is no way to make an accurate guess at the overall length based off of the above shot.

I'd say those rims are either 19" or 20", so based on that you could try and get some sort of guess at wheelbase, but not much more.
Agreed. The proper way to do this size estimate would be based off of an assumed wheel size. It's possible these are 20" rims, but they look 19" to me. Based off of that size, further estimates can be made of the entire car. Unfortunately I've been way too busy to crunch those numbers.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #22
Destructo09

Quote:
Except your missing a lot more than just the extra weight of the engine. Your missing drivetrain, suspension, brakes, and the like. If the weight of the V6 is around 3,500 lbs, expect the V8 to be 3,650+

I'm expecting something around 3,700 lbs, or close to the base Mustang GT. If it is less than 3,700 it will be icing on the cake.
I can't really imagine suspension would be all that different. Brakes I could see making some differences though, bigger rotors and calipers and such.

You're 3700 lbs number may be pretty close too, in which case i'm not sure it's going to be a huge difference. I'm kinda hoping for a bigger difference, but I dunno.

I'm really trying to formulate whether I want to keep my 2010 or if they weight and performance will be a big enough difference to justify the new car, i'm guessing not, since I already make more HP than a LT1 anyway, toss in a cam and heads and i'm way past it.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Square tire/wheel setup
K&N Typhoon CAI
Old 07-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #23
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
I can't really imagine suspension would be all that different. Brakes I could see making some differences though, bigger rotors and calipers and such.

You're 3700 lbs number may be pretty close too, in which case i'm not sure it's going to be a huge difference. I'm kinda hoping for a bigger difference, but I dunno.

I'm really trying to formulate whether I want to keep my 2010 or if they weight and performance will be a big enough difference to justify the new car, i'm guessing not, since I already make more HP than a LT1 anyway, toss in a cam and heads and i'm way past it.
What is the weight difference between a current 1LT and a current 1SS?

Extrapolate from there...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:38 AM   #24
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:

When ever you are talking about an old car vs a new car that old car typically always has the edge....

If I were looking at buying a Camaro next year I would look at buying a 2016 SS Camaro (probably starting at around $33,000) or a used 2010 Camaro SS. Looking in my area used 2010 SS coupes currently range from $22,000 to $28,000 bucks. Give it another year and I could probably snatch a 2010 SS coupe for around $20,000 even (or a bit more). I can then throw lets say $13,000 into the car and it is hard to end up with something that isn't much faster for $13,000.

Now typically people finance cars so they probably couldn't right off the bat dump $13,000 cash into the car. Still some tuners advertise head and cam packages for $5,000 with a warranty that gets you over 500BHP from the LS3.....
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #25
Destructo09

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
When ever you are talking about an old car vs a new car that old car typically always has the edge....

If I were looking at buying a Camaro next year I would look at buying a 2016 SS Camaro (probably starting at around $33,000) or a used 2010 Camaro SS. Looking in my area used 2010 SS coupes currently range from $22,000 to $28,000 bucks. Give it another year and I could probably snatch a 2010 SS coupe for around $20,000 even (or a bit more). I can then throw lets say $13,000 into the car and it is hard to end up with something that isn't much faster for $13,000.

Now typically people finance cars so they probably couldn't right off the bat dump $13,000 cash into the car. Still some tuners advertise head and cam packages for $5,000 with a warranty that gets you over 500BHP from the LS3.....
Yeah, I bought my 2010 used last October for 25k, so it's going to be hard to justify trading it on something that is going to cost me nearly 40k and it not be any better.

Plus I already have at least a couple grand in parts on my car that won't go on a 2016.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Square tire/wheel setup
K&N Typhoon CAI
Old 07-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #26
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Yeah, I bought my 2010 used last October for 25k, so it's going to be hard to justify trading it on something that is going to cost me nearly 40k and it not be any better.

Plus I already have at least a couple grand in parts on my car that won't go on a 2016.
"Better" is a vague word to use though. I highly doubt a stock LT1 6th gen will be faster than your modded 2010. (especially if you are running heads/cam) so if speed is your only concern, then sure it may not be better.

But the 6th gen will or "should" be lighter, handle better, have a nice upgraded modern interior, and (the kicker) hopefully will still look awesome like the 5th gen does (just different).

Throw the very potent LT1 engine into the mix, and that should make for a hell of a ride.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #27
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
"Better" is a vague word to use though. I highly doubt a stock LT1 6th gen will be faster than your modded 2010. (especially if you are running heads/cam) so if speed is your only concern, then sure it may not be better.

But the 6th gen will or "should" be lighter, handle better, have a nice upgraded modern interior, and (the kicker) hopefully will still look awesome like the 5th gen does (just different).

Throw the very potent LT1 engine into the mix, and that should make for a hell of a ride.
That's a good summary.

Whether it makes sense to buy a 6th gen Camaro depends upon the buyer's particular priorities and circumstances. Personally, if I had just bought a new (or 'new' used) Camaro in the last year or two and had invested a lot of money in it and were happy with it, I doubt that I'd be seriously interested in the 6th gen beyond a general curiosity about what GM was doing with the franchise. Buying? Not likely. I'd probably be looking ahead to whatever was new and exciting in 2018 or so (Buick Grand National?). Or if I were very patient (and optimistic), the 7th gen Camaro in 2022.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #28
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Hmmm. 187". Third gen length.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation