Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 01-30-2016, 01:26 AM   #1
citizennick

Drives: 2016 2SS
Putting 6-piston rotors on the SS

I'm new to the Camaro world and opted out of the LPO kit since I'm aware that you can piece this kit together for much cheaper. I just got the car yesterday, LOVING IT, and since it's going under the knife next week I was thinking of maybe trying to obtain some rotors/pads and have that done. Is there a certain place that is popular to get a kit from? Do people usually get them new or used? I came across this earlier: http://paceperformance.com/i-5146406...grade-kit.html

Any input is helpful!

2016 2SS M6 Black/Adrenaline Red
589rwhp 572rwtq 429 LT1
citizennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:38 AM   #2
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
I personally use Cultrag for all the OEM stuff. Shopchevyparts, gmwarehouse and all are about the same price. I just like Patrick @ Cultrag more with his amazing service. If he doesn't know about a part, he will research it before he even adds it to your order. Like the wheel lock lug nuts, 2 of those had the same description but different part number so he had his warehouse guy take a picture and send it to us so we decide which one to get.

I opt'd NOT to have the 6 piston when I first ordered mine but I will just grab it from Cultrag when my stock pads need replacing. I'll just replace the entire system, a good excuse right? lol
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I personally use Cultrag for all the OEM stuff. Shopchevyparts, gmwarehouse and all are about the same price. I just like Patrick @ Cultrag more with his amazing service. If he doesn't know about a part, he will research it before he even adds it to your order. Like the wheel lock lug nuts, 2 of those had the same description but different part number so he had his warehouse guy take a picture and send it to us so we decide which one to get.

I opt'd NOT to have the 6 piston when I first ordered mine but I will just grab it from Cultrag when my stock pads need replacing. I'll just replace the entire system, a good excuse right? lol
I agree, Patrick is what makes the difference. And his prices of always been exactly in line with everybody else. But I get emails back from him within 15 minutes for even stupid stuff.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:45 AM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I agree, Patrick is what makes the difference. And his prices of always been exactly in line with everybody else. But I get emails back from him within 15 minutes for even stupid stuff.
Agreed! He is a great guy. Kracka uses Cultrag as well and he deals with Gene and not Patrick. Gene is great as well. So you just can't go wrong with Cultrag.
Build thread HERE!
Old 01-30-2016, 08:49 AM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Never got the personal attention or the attitude from gene that Patrick has. Could be just me.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:52 AM   #6
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Never got the personal attention or the attitude from gene that Patrick has. Could be just me.
That's interesting, I never had any personal contact with Gene so I cannot comment on that but at least we are in contact with Patrick and are set lol, except maybe we should tell him to use UPS instead of FedEx after the FedEx bs you are are having to deal with lol.
Build thread HERE!
Old 01-30-2016, 02:14 PM   #7
citizennick

Thanks guys! Could you tell me why the ones from Pace Performance appear to be much cheaper than what Cultrag has? Looks like the ZL1 brakes from Cultrag are about the same price as the LPO 6-Pistons.

589rwhp 572rwtq 429 LT1
Old 01-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #8
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizennick View Post
Thanks guys! Could you tell me why the ones from Pace Performance appear to be much cheaper than what Cultrag has? Looks like the ZL1 brakes from Cultrag are about the same price as the LPO 6-Pistons.
Cultrag hasn't updated their website yet for the 2016. And the 6 piston they have IS the LPO Brembos.
Build thread HERE!
Old 01-30-2016, 04:25 PM   #9
citizennick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Cultrag hasn't updated their website yet for the 2016. And the 6 piston they have IS the LPO Brembos.
Alright thanks. Is there any difference you know between the LPO versions and those offered on a ZL1?

589rwhp 572rwtq 429 LT1
Old 01-30-2016, 09:17 PM   #10
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizennick View Post
Alright thanks. Is there any difference you know between the LPO versions and those offered on a ZL1?
No idea to be honest. They could both be the same or both could be different as I have no idea about the tech spec nor part # on both lol.
Build thread HERE!
Old 01-31-2016, 12:39 PM   #11
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Aha, If it is the same then you can part out CTS/V front brakes on Amazon with the good Brembo pads for around $1,100. A couple of threads on this over on the 5th gen forums. I had this setup and was going to put them on my 1LE until it went shiny side down. I sold the kit once I bought my ZL1. Now I wish I would have kept it.

All you have to do is paint them and put on the decals. I would go black here or paint the backs and front red. Might as well do good brake lines while you are at it. The Goodridge ZL1 kit might fit.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:21 PM   #12
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Aha, If it is the same then you can part out CTS/V front brakes on Amazon with the good Brembo pads for around $1,100. A couple of threads on this over on the 5th gen forums. I had this setup and was going to put them on my 1LE until it went shiny side down. I sold the kit once I bought my ZL1. Now I wish I would have kept it.

All you have to do is paint them and put on the decals. I would go black here or paint the backs and front red. Might as well do good brake lines while you are at it. The Goodridge ZL1 kit might fit.
id be interested to know if the V brakes would fit.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:31 PM   #13
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
While I don't have any measurement info... the LPO floating rotors on my 2SS are very thick, I was surprised when I took the wheel off and looked at them.

A good set of floating rotors and 6 piston calipers will not be significantly cheaper. I upgraded to floating rotors for my CTS-V1; a pair of 14" rotors (non Brembo) were $1,200... and they were definitely thinner than the ones on my 2SS.

If you just want the look and some performance increase - then a pair of floating rotors in the stock size (for the 4 piston system) and some red caliper paint will do the trick
crankaholic is offline   Reply With Quote