Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #169
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayse View Post
Really? Cool! Nope, I didn't read it in car and driver, I felt it when I drove it. If you like it, that's cool, enjoy it. I'd need heads and cam to get it to feel like I would like it to feel.

I loved the car, the seating position, the high beltline everybody complains about, I liked it, felt like I was sitting in the car, instead of on it. But, I've owned a few f body cars, so I guess I feel at home in the new camaro. Only thing I didn't like was the powerband compared to my modded coyote. Nothing is perfect, there is always room for improvement.
That is true, we enthusiasts are very picky and like to split hairs. The Mustang has a nice airy interior but the driving feedback is way too numb for me and feels like a boat compared to what I'm used to. However I think the majority of people prefer this feeling as we can see from the sales success of Camrys and Mustangs vs their competitors.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #170
Swayse

Drives: GTPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
That is true, we enthusiasts are very picky and like to split hairs. The Mustang has a nice airy interior but the driving feedback is way too numb for me and feels like a boat compared to what I'm used to. However I think the majority of people prefer this feeling as we can see from the sales success of Camrys and Mustangs vs their competitors.
Yup, I agree. Tempted to unload this Gt and get me a 1LE. Or should I try gt350r springs and bilstiens first? But the mustang is always gonna feel like I’m driving a camary or something.

I did sit in a hellcat challenger, felt like a pickup compared to my mustang.
Swayse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:37 PM   #171
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Like I said before, they are NOT gonna let the GT eclipse the Shelby. No way, no how. The GT is the lowest performing and cheapest trim V8 Mustang when produced in the same year as other V8 trims. I bet it won't even come close to even the non-R Shelby on the track. And when it gets in the hands of a magazine tester I bet it won't be doing a 12 flat. It will come in slower than what the Shelby does in the quarter mile and it won't handle as well. Why would Ford still have the Shelby out there if they're gonna make the lowest level V8 Stang outperform it for like $10K cheaper?

One of my Mustang bud's says the Gt350 goes away after 2018 and the Gt is stepping up to replace it, kind of makes sense but I also wonder how Ford will let the GT out handle the GT350.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:01 PM   #172
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
One of my Mustang bud's says the Gt350 goes away after 2018 and the Gt is stepping up to replace it, kind of makes sense but I also wonder how Ford will let the GT out handle the GT350.
Probably a Bullitt will step in, which I don't like at all. Stupid sales gimmick model, similar to a transformer camaro. Hopefully they do it right and come out with a proper Mach1, with it being more substantial than some PP2 with stickers.

The GT350 is half a generation old now, the GT outhandling it would not be an issue at all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #173
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
Of course it can't, the tire size/width alone give the 1LE a significant advantage.

Mustang gets those wonderful Michelin pilot sport 4S tires on the 18 PP1 cars, that should have helped a lot...yes/no
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:22 PM   #174
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Mustang gets those wonderful Michelin pilot sport 4S tires on the 18 PP1 cars, that should have helped a lot...yes/no
Don't get me wrong, it will absolutely help...but the 1LE has a significant front and rear tire width advantage and (from my understanding) has an excellent compound.
SSfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #175
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, it will absolutely help...but the 1LE has a significant front and rear tire width advantage and (from my understanding) has an excellent compound.
In other words you're giving the Mustang an excuse. So if it loses then it's because the SS has much wider tires with a much better compound. But if it wins then it looks that much better since it has inferior tires.

Quote:
He is full of shit. The tires on the Mustang will level the playing field. The Camaro winning will not be attributable to the tires. It will be because the Camaro is just a faster and better performing car plain and simple. And if the tires on the Mustang are that shitty then they won't have a chance in hell anyway...which they don't.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:37 AM   #176
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
In other words you're giving the Mustang an excuse. So if it loses then it's because the SS has much wider tires with a much better compound. But if it wins then it looks that much better since it has inferior tires.

He is full of shit. The tires on the Mustang will level the playing field. The Camaro winning will not be attributable to the tires. It will be because the Camaro is just a faster and better performing car plain and simple. And if the tires on the Mustang are that shitty then they won't have a chance in hell anyway...which they don't.
You are truly clueless as to exactly what affect tire compound and width has. Very surprising coming from a hellcat owner actually.

Considering the 1LE has wider front tires than the PP1 has rear, it should be quite obvious that the goal of the PP1 is not to compete with the 1LE. It's not a matter of "if" it loses, but when.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:59 AM   #177
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
You are truly clueless as to exactly what affect tire compound and width has. Very surprising coming from a hellcat owner actually.

Considering the 1LE has wider front tires than the PP1 has rear, it should be quite obvious that the goal of the PP1 is not to compete with the 1LE. It's not a matter of "if" it loses, but when.
You're right. The PP1 is meant to compete with the base SS. The PP2 is the 1LE's competition.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:10 AM   #178
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

So now it's the tires...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:11 AM   #179
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
You're right. The PP1 is meant to compete with the base SS. The PP2 is the 1LE's competition.
Nada, PP1 is meant to give those that want an upgraded daily driver….something that looks and feels more spirited than the base GT.

The base GT is and always will be paired with the base SS…regardless of the performance delta between the two.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:11 AM   #180
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
Quote:
So now it's the tires...
lol
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:34 AM   #181
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Nada, PP1 is meant to give those that want an upgraded daily driver….something that looks and feels more spirited than the base GT.

The base GT is and always will be paired with the base SS…regardless of the performance delta between the two.
ehhh.....agree to disagree.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:46 PM   #182
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post

Quote:

The base GT got slaughtered by the SS. Even the old PP couldn't hang.

The PP1 would be the more appropriate competition to the SS. A base GT is more rental car duty.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote