Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-27-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
Shock Em

Drives: '15 AGM 2SS/RS, '12 ZX6R
Ordering an SS/1LE questions

I used to frequent this site a lot a couple of years ago (I was obsessed if we're being honest. I had a problem. Its fine now.) I've been dreaming of buying a Camaro for years, but I strayed last year and bought a ZX6R instead so I gave up for a while. Well it didn't distract me well enough and I'm back to trying to buy one now and I just have a couple quick questions, as I remember this forum always being very helpful:

-If buying an SS with 1LE and you add Recaro seats, realistically the only differences between 1SS and 2SS would be the rear seats, speakers, and rear camera right? Trying to determine if its worth the money.

-I saw in the 2015 order guide thread that there was speculation on what Blue Velvet actually looks like. Has it been confirmed yet that it is another dark blue? I would definitely love a light blue.

-The 1LE package has everything cosmetically that I would add to an SS so it would be a no brainer, if it weren't for me not being sold on manual or auto yet. Would it be crazy expensive to buy the wheels and maybe others pieces myself if I choose auto?

-Last, did I see that you can start ordering '15s in a couple of weeks?

Thanks everyone! I rambled. I'm excited. Sorry.
Shock Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:04 AM   #2
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
I was under the impression Recaro seats on a 2SS would be leather and heated (vs 1SS cloth and not heated). I think the 2SS package also includes the 4 gauge package and a few other things. EVERYONE here will tell you get the Recaro seats even if you end up trading/selling them for regular seats!

If you've been on Camaro5 for a while, you know all the Manual vs Auto threads! That said, if you get the manual, be sure to check the NPP dual mode exhaust option too - louder exhaust at idle and full throttle and quad tips. An automatic equipped V8 will have the L99 400hp engine with Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) where the manual equipped V8 will have the LS3 426hp engine - another thing to factor in your decision.

I'm not familiar with Blue Velvet color.

Good luck, welcome! It's exciting anytime someone asks for advise on ordering a new car, we get to re-live the excitement and offer advice on what we'd do if we could do it all again!

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:48 AM   #3
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
I went through the order process, receiving my car two weeks ago. It took nine weeks and one day from order to delivery. There was a one week plant shutdown during that time frame. If you do order one, find a salesperson who is willing to give you weekly production code updates through production then daily during shipment. It is impossible not to become highly anxious watching your highly anticipated build go through GM's rather inefficient logistics system. Plus, keep in mind that the dealer is GM's customer so they really aren't set up for direct to owner communication which can add to the frustration. Just put a date 8 weeks out from status 2000 and try to forget about it.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:09 AM   #4
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
2SS will also get you the Bluetooth for hands free calling, 4 pack gages, heads up display, leather seats, BA Audio system and backup camera. I may have missed a few more options.

The 2SS version is worth getting.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #5
rdrfronty

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE CRUSH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
2SS will also get you the Bluetooth for hands free calling, 4 pack gages, heads up display, leather seats, BA Audio system and backup camera. I may have missed a few more options.

Actually the 2SS is worth getting only if you actually care about any of those options. For some people, they are a must and make the car that much nicer. To others, like me, they are fairly useless or non desired options.
I'm just saying that the OP needs to decide which options are important to them.
rdrfronty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #6
sticks88

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS ,2014 Rav4
Exactly for instance I ordered the LT2 because I like the creature comforts and it's a town driver and I couldn't get the SS2 and meet my other requirements of fuel savings and payment reductions although I think the SS is a sweet looker.
sticks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #7
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDream View Post
I used to frequent this site a lot a couple of years ago (I was obsessed if we're being honest. I had a problem. Its fine now.) I've been dreaming of buying a Camaro for years, but I strayed last year and bought a ZX6R instead so I gave up for a while. Well it didn't distract me well enough and I'm back to trying to buy one now and I just have a couple quick questions, as I remember this forum always being very helpful:

-If buying an SS with 1LE and you add Recaro seats, realistically the only differences between 1SS and 2SS would be the rear seats, speakers, and rear camera right? Trying to determine if its worth the money.

The 2SS comes with a color HUD and DIC and you also get the frameless rearview mirror and auto-dimming. The 1SS doesn't get these features.

-I saw in the 2015 order guide thread that there was speculation on what Blue Velvet actually looks like. Has it been confirmed yet that it is another dark blue? I would definitely love a light blue.

It will be a very similar color to BRM, another dark blue.

-The 1LE package has everything cosmetically that I would add to an SS so it would be a no brainer, if it weren't for me not being sold on manual or auto yet. Would it be crazy expensive to buy the wheels and maybe others pieces myself if I choose auto?

If you decide on the 1LE, it will only come in manual. If you decide to go the SS route, and add on the pieces as you can afford it, it will cost you more in the long run.

-Last, did I see that you can start ordering '15s in a couple of weeks?

Yes, orders for '15's will start in mid May.

Thanks everyone! I rambled. I'm excited. Sorry.
My suggestion is to order the 1SS with Recaro's, NPP, RS(if you want the HID lights), Rear vision system, BA system (for the 9 speakers if desired) and you will come in close to 3K under getting a similar equipped 2SS.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #8
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post

Bluetooth is standard from the 1LT to the ZL1.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #9
Shock Em

Drives: '15 AGM 2SS/RS, '12 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
I was under the impression Recaro seats on a 2SS would be leather and heated (vs 1SS cloth and not heated).
That said, if you get the manual, be sure to check the NPP dual mode exhaust option too - louder exhaust at idle and full throttle and quad tips.
Oh, I thought they would be leather either way. Guess that makes a difference. And good to know about the NPP, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
My suggestion is to order the 1SS with Recaro's, NPP, RS(if you want the HID lights), Rear vision system, BA system (for the 9 speakers if desired) and you will come in close to 3K under getting a similar equipped 2SS.
Good catch about the frameless mirrors and color HUD. I guess there is a bit more extra than I thought. I like the idea of just adding stuff to the 1SS though, thanks for the info!

That really sucks about the blue too :(
Shock Em is offline   Reply With Quote