Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2017, 07:58 AM   #1
moons21

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Convert
Installed RPI Designs Stealth Splash Guards on the Front

Got around to installing the RPI Designs splash guards on the fronts...hated seeing the small chips on the gills and figured this was a good fix.. not sure if I'll do the rears or not.....

Didn't use the clips on the fronts, bought some 3M tape instead.. read too many complaints about the clip falling off or scratching:

Here is how the kit came from RPI:

Loosened the two screws at the bottom using the supplied bit in my ratchet, cleaned and applied tape after measuring:

Put the screws in and left them very loose and the tape backing still on.. pulled the tape backing after ensuring everything lined up and then tightened screws and pressed the guard to the tape:

Applied some Adam's Polishes VRT to the exposed part of the guard and think they look pretty good:

Will think about the rears and post up the results if I do it. Not sure about them saying you don't have to take the wheel off, sure you can do it with the wheel on, but thinking it might be easier with it off.
moons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
The 3M tape instead of the clips is a good idea.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:15 AM   #3
Dons 10SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Looks good.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:56 PM   #4
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
You have a few months to start looking for replacements. These are made out of brittle plastic which cracks easily. The 3M tape will also lose adhesion soon. I used promoter under my tape, and it within 6 months both brackets fell off.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:42 PM   #5
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post
You have a few months to start looking for replacements. These are made out of brittle plastic which cracks easily. The 3M tape will also lose adhesion soon. I used promoter under my tape, and it within 6 months both brackets fell off.
Have you found anything better? I am in the market an was looking at these.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:44 AM   #6
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831

Interested in hearing how these hold up as well. I was looking at going with them when I get wider tires as the car already takes a beating sometimes and with wider tires I don't want to totally destroy my paint.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:40 AM   #7
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Have you found anything better? I am in the market an was looking at these.
Here are the OEM Chevy Camaro ZL1 spash guards, very strong, like how the contour makes them stealth.
Amazing how the back molded curved piece fits in perfectly. Chevy Engineers did their homework on this set.
Attaches to all original fastener locations -- Only one hole is called for to be drilled in front fender lip, but that is optional in my opinion.

For good measure bought Xpel film, made my own templates, cut film and fit that to various locations around the car (even leading edge of trunk spoiler tips and Gill area).
Ron
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.

Last edited by ron123; 05-05-2017 at 08:00 AM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #8
moons21

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Convert
[QUOTE=ron123;9710300]Here are the OEM Chevy Camaro ZL1 spash guards, very strong, like how the contour makes them stealth.
Amazing how the back molded curved piece fits in perfectly. Chevy Engineers did their homework on this set.
Attaches to all original fastener locations -- Only one hole is called for to be drilled in front fender lip, but that is optional in my opinion.

Do you have the OEM part # for these so I can referance that if and when mine get destroyed?

Thanks for the heads up...
moons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:32 AM   #9
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
☝️
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:18 AM   #10
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
So does ZL1 fit all Camaros? Even my lowly LT?
Old 05-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #11
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I have these installed in my car for over two years now. It is holding up well. I only used what came with the package when I installed it.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #12
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
Here are the OEM Chevy Camaro ZL1 spash guards, very strong, like how the contour makes them stealth.

For good measure bought Xpel film, made my own templates, cut film and fit that to various locations around the car (even leading edge of trunk spoiler tips and Gill area).
Ron
Thanks for that, looks like I have a winner.

Edit: Having trouble finding these parts, could you post a number and where you got them. I'd like to get these on order. Thanks.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...

Last edited by Ronn; 05-05-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #13
2nosabes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Interested in part# for OEM ZL1 splash guards if you got it!
2nosabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #14
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post

Interested in hearing how these hold up as well. I was looking at going with them when I get wider tires as the car already takes a beating sometimes and with wider tires I don't want to totally destroy my paint.
I installed RPI stealth guards up front along with ZL1 one in the rear a month after buying my Camaro. That would be January of 2014. Installed the front guards similar to the OP and they've held up great.