Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2016, 03:18 PM   #15
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Yes OP the way you are doing it is just fine.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #16
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
finally an answer after many ridiculous responses.

He ask how, and all he got was "why". Because he wants to, that's why, so just answer the freaking question or shut up.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:45 PM   #17
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
finally an answer after many ridiculous responses.

He ask how, and all he got was "why". Because he wants to, that's why, so just answer the freaking question or shut up.
So how does he rev?
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #18
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Here is how to rev. DONT DO IT.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #19
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
This^^^^

Come on guys Back off the guy, He's in Italy. If he wants to rev his engine, let him rev his engine.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:59 PM   #20
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Rev the engine to accomplish sound and hear the engine is needed for looking for problems such as fuel delivery or other parts/items that may be affected higher in the revs. Its best to wait until the engine is warm and for me that's about 15 minutes of driving as thats how long it takes to warm up the oil to operating temp. You most likely hear the Ferrari or Lamborghini downshifting and using the trans brake effect of a manual valve body or something if they are a automatic....
Basically in a automatic you would have to be in neutral and then it would be a case of your using the sport mode and revving the engine higher between shifts then downshifting to a lower gear which would wind the car down to brake by effectively trans braking the engine, ( sort of like as with a SEMI truck sort of Jake braking) that's a effective way with a manual I know to get exhaust burble known as deceleration popping out the exhaust from the unignited fuel ..... I think that is the deceleration sound your talking about. I have it but I have a ls3 and it would be more limited with a Camaro auto trans as I do not know how far it will let you downshift I never really tried it with the l99 I had as it had the lame stock exhaust and was a vert. now I have NPP dual mode and headers and can make the sound whenever I want and have a threeway switch to control the exhaust from Forza. Anyway was it decel popping? ......probability of 99.9 %... LOL And don't over do it, its best to go just up to short of the rev limiter but hey many of us have bounced off it a few times or worse......... and its not really good for a engine not to be under load revving that high because it has to come under load again eventually and if your not rev matching and are too far out of revs high for the next gear with a manual your getting fishy if you have a lot of low end torque but that's accelerating not decelerating.....
Old 03-28-2016, 06:00 PM   #21
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
You answered your own question OP.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:09 PM   #22
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
It's a wonder anyone asks anything around here.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:12 PM   #23
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I think he wants simply also to know if he can paddle shift to neutral..... and likes the decel popping of the higher end sport cars which sound like a manual......
Any auto owners here that can help the guy out?
Old 03-28-2016, 06:51 PM   #24
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
I think he wants simply also to know if he can paddle shift to neutral..... and likes the decel popping of the higher end sport cars which sound like a manual......
Any auto owners here that can help the guy out?
No we can not. Even with a tune.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:22 PM   #25
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I had to fix the top end on this Harley once because some sportbike squid was free revving to the moon and the Harley guy decided to "show him up" (it floated a valve) whereas the OHC sportbike will just sit there on the limiter until the exhaust system glows orange.

Free revving, pushrod engine be careful not too much. And yes, just kick it up to neutral I guess, personally I'd use the shifter for that instead of the buttons but whatever.

Free revving a manual trans car with the clutch pressed in is hell on your throwout bearing. It sucks when your throwout bearing fails before you need a new clutch, a lot of work for a simple part.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:19 PM   #26
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Those super cars such as lambos have a dual clutch system so they are able to push both paddles at the same time and that puts them in neutral and then they can rev it

Also for u can't u put it in neutral with out fully stopping then rev it and then put it back into drive all while still rolling or is that not good?
Old 03-29-2016, 12:04 AM   #27
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Old 03-29-2016, 12:07 AM   #28
Zezima

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
only when you can is to switch to N when driving and hammer the gas.
Zezima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rev