Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-29-2024, 10:18 AM   #43
Grtpkn

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs & 2023 2ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
I appreciate your point of view here, but have you ever stopped to question the possibility that humans as a species are a threat the future of this planet?

If you can remember learning about biology, every species has a limit to its population size (called "carrying capacity") that once crossed, will be it's own demise because it's destroying the balance with the environment it lives in (eating too many of it's prey items until there isn't enough to sustain it, or destroying it's own environment that's been enabling it thrive). Humans have now exceeded their carrying capacity limit because of the atmospheric pollutants we are dumping into the air. It is causing more heat to be retained within our atmosphere and this is melting the polar ice caps, changing salinity of our oceans, and altering the normal water and air currents. The result is rising sea levels and more violent weather patterns. One need only look at the last 2 or 3 years at weather patterns in the US to see that there are unusual events happening much more frequently than in my last 50+ years on this earth. Any if this isn't the sentinel event that does us in, I'd bet it will eventually be that we have expanded our human footprint to the point that we've removed too much green vegetation and we no longer have enough oxygen to support ourselves.

Some governments around the world (including US) understand this and have put mandates in place to try to stem the tide of all this by putting aggressive limits on CO2 and other pollutants. It isn't about trying to limit the choice of individual humans. It's about trying to protect future generations of humans from the actions of past and current humans.

If ICE engines can't meet the pollutant targets then they go the route of the dinosaur. I don't like that one bit, but I'd rather see that than to know that we all helped destroy our only available home and didn't care enough to try to do something about it.
President Dwight D. Eisenhower, once warned that “you don’t lead by hitting people over the head: That’s assault, not leadership.”
Grtpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 12:09 PM   #44
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
Quote:
I appreciate your point of view here, but have you ever stopped to question the possibility that humans as a species are a threat the future of this planet?

If you can remember learning about biology, every species has a limit to its population size (called "carrying capacity") that once crossed, will be it's own demise because it's destroying the balance with the environment it lives in (eating too many of it's prey items until there isn't enough to sustain it, or destroying it's own environment that's been enabling it thrive). Humans have now exceeded their carrying capacity limit because of the atmospheric pollutants we are dumping into the air. It is causing more heat to be retained within our atmosphere and this is melting the polar ice caps, changing salinity of our oceans, and altering the normal water and air currents. The result is rising sea levels and more violent weather patterns. One need only look at the last 2 or 3 years at weather patterns in the US to see that there are unusual events happening much more frequently than in my last 50+ years on this earth. Any if this isn't the sentinel event that does us in, I'd bet it will eventually be that we have expanded our human footprint to the point that we've removed too much green vegetation and we no longer have enough oxygen to support ourselves.

Some governments around the world (including US) understand this and have put mandates in place to try to stem the tide of all this by putting aggressive limits on CO2 and other pollutants. It isn't about trying to limit the choice of individual humans. It's about trying to protect future generations of humans from the actions of past and current humans.

If ICE engines can't meet the pollutant targets then they go the route of the dinosaur. I don't like that one bit, but I'd rather see that than to know that we all helped destroy our only available home and didn't care enough to try to do something about it.

Since when did C02 become a "pollutant"???I dont think plants and trees would agree with that.
Old 01-29-2024, 12:25 PM   #45
tenargo57

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSue View Post
Since when did C02 become a "pollutant"???I dont think plants and trees would agree with that.

Yes, pollutant. It doesn't mean toxic. It's any substance that causes an imbalance in a system resulting in undesired effects. Excessive water on farmland that washes away topsoil is a pollutant.
tenargo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 12:40 PM   #46
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:

Anyone with a modicum of curiosity about this issue would start to see that the so-called climate (Cooling, then Warming, then Changing) doomsayers and solution prescribers only want to infringe on the rights, wealth, and freedoms of ordinary people, while they continue on their merry way, flying private to climate conferences and the World Economic Forum. All their "solutions" penalize the people, and enrich the powerful, which automatically makes them suspect.

Your text above demonstrates that you have bought into this propaganda, and as such I simply ask you to go first as an example to us all, and sell your Camaro and show us your Prius, as a shining example for us all to emulate. EDIT: How about junking your Camaro, then buying a Prius? I think that would really prove your environmental Bona Fides.

Last edited by Mark R; 01-29-2024 at 01:10 PM.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 12:46 PM   #47
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:

George Carlin was 100% accurate in 1992. And today he’s 1000% right. I wish he was still with us….. he’d be even bigger than he was then (well, for half of us anyway)

https://youtu.be/Kmo8sh77G6Y?si=IUHcZsp1Z41Qrn8z
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 12:56 PM   #48
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenargo57 View Post
Yes, pollutant. It doesn't mean toxic. It's any substance that causes an imbalance in a system resulting in undesired effects. Excessive water on farmland that washes away topsoil is a pollutant.
Nope! Your analogy is apples and oranges. CO2 is not a pollutant in our atmosphere.
Old 01-29-2024, 01:08 PM   #49
Mark R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSue View Post
Nope! Your analogy is apples and oranges. CO2 is not a pollutant in our atmosphere.
CO2 is plant food.
Old 01-29-2024, 01:43 PM   #50
S1lent

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
Quote:

Scientific literature agrees with you. Random Camaro6 posters do not. Who to trust?
S1lent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 01:48 PM   #51
olrocker

Quote:
WT literal F?????? That’s been going on for hundreds of thousands of years. Ya’ll are seriously messed up.

Watch the video I posted of George Carlin.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 01-29-2024, 01:58 PM   #52
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
Scientific literature agrees with you. Random Camaro6 posters do not. Who to trust?
99% of climate scientists seeking grant money agree that this requires further study to affirm/validate the position of the people doling out the grants. The same people that gave us the hockey stick charts about 12 years ago and said parts of FL and CA would be underwater by now, and polar bear populations would be nearly extinct. If you question any of it, you're just a redneck hillbilly pollution lover.

Man-Bear-Pig is Cereal!

To Mark's point, who has profited the most from carbon credit exchanges, solar manufacturing subsidies, etc? These would NOT be profitable without the force of regulation.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:16 PM   #53
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Just wondering how a discussion on speed governing turned into a climate change debate...
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:19 PM   #54
S1lent

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Just wondering how a discussion on speed governing turned into a climate change debate...

Didn't you hear? Everything is a government conspiracy! Here's a George Carlin and South Park video to prove my point.

Jokes aside, you can see this being proven right in this thread:

"Worldwide, the belief in climate change is the highest in South Korea, Italy, and India, while it is the lowest in Japan and in the United States."
https://www.statista.com/chart/15716...hange-beliefs/
S1lent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:32 PM   #55
Mark R

Quote:
Didn't you hear? Everything is a government conspiracy! Here's a George Carlin and South Park video to prove my point.

Jokes aside, you can see this being proven right in this thread:

"Worldwide, the belief in climate change is the highest in South Korea, Italy, and India, while it is the lowest in Japan and in the United States."
https://www.statista.com/chart/15716...hange-beliefs/

Old 01-29-2024, 03:18 PM   #56
olrocker

Quote:
The scientists pushing an agenda for one side funded by said side of govt or people with common sense that think for themselves without funding from anyone?
Sharkskin/Light gray