Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-07-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
nick_casper

Drives: 16 2SS
Whipple rattle

My Whipple was quiet as can be until it just all of a sudden developed the rattle others have complained about. It is coming from the front of the blower near the snout in the gear area. I'm seeking advice here to see how others deal with the rattle. Here is a vid:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MGtNPlj8J_Q

Last edited by nick_casper; 08-07-2017 at 09:27 PM.
nick_casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Whipple advised me it was gear lash and as it breaks in it will get louder. They did replace a punch of stuff though that they have updated. My unit was there just about a full week. Hoping it’s all resolved now
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #3
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_casper View Post
My Whipple was quiet as can be until it just all of a sudden developed the rattle others have complained about. It is coming from the front of the blower near the snout in the gear area. I'm seeking advice here to see how others deal with the rattle. Here is a vid:

https://m.youtube.com/my_videos
Brought me to my video's not yours.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #4
nick_casper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
Whipple advised me it was gear lash and as it breaks in it will get louder. They did replace a punch of stuff though that they have updated. My unit was there just about a full week. Hoping it’s all resolved now
Was yours as loud as mine? I can literally hear it in my car over the exhaust.

I fixed the vid link.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:14 PM   #5
1le32907

Quote:
Was yours as loud as mine? I can literally hear it in my car over the exhaust.

I fixed the vid link.
Yea mine was loud they have done a few updates I’d suggest contacting mike over there and send him the vid. They will decide if it needs to be sent in. They replaced the bearing plate, gaskets, gear sets and inter cooler core.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:56 PM   #6
nick_casper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
Yea mine was loud they have done a few updates I’d suggest contacting mike over there and send him the vid. They will decide if it needs to be sent in. They replaced the bearing plate, gaskets, gear sets and inter cooler core.
Will do. Thank you.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:28 AM   #7
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Ya Nick, your's sounds louder then mine for sure.
But then, again mine hasn't run long enough to real remember.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:57 PM   #8
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
How many of us now have a Whipple here? Brett, Me, JRS, Cooden, Nick, 1LE, Joes..... Those are the ones I know of....

I'm on #2
Brett is on #2

Nick I hope they square you away. You and Cooden, JRS were probably the only ones I looked at as troublefree installs with no defects experienced.

I'm on about three weeks now of the fun side of the equation and still holding on to that foam packed box as I still am not 100% confident based on what I keep seeing/reading that nothing else will happen. I still think Whipple is "the bomb" and will get it all right for anyone with issues and so far its "right" on my #2. I get a smile each time I hit the throttle. But a tiny side of me wonders if the excitement holds up. I had a lot of bad luck surrounding my build and it's hard to let go of that feeling.

I really hope everything gets addressed for you Nick. I know all of us here are on early production runs so maybe that's half the issues.

Last edited by 80sMetalDude; 08-08-2017 at 02:09 PM.
80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #9
1le32907

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sMetalDude View Post
How many of us now have a Whipple here? Brett, Me, JRS, Cooden, Nick, 1LE, Joes..... Those are the ones I know of....

I'm on #2
Brett is on #2

Nick I hope they square you away. You and Cooden, JRS were probably the only ones I looked at as troublefree installs with no defects experienced.

I'm on about three weeks now of the fun side of the equation and holding on to that foam packed box as I still am not 100% confident based on what I keep seeing/reading.

From
The list of part swaps Whipple did I think they made some corrections to the system. Hoping it’s all for the best as my blower just got back to the shop today and will be reinstalled along with headers and meth injection.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #10
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sMetalDude View Post
I'm still here--#1 is running good with no defects. Like mentioned above, the Whipple sure does put a smile on your face when you hit that pedal!
Old 08-08-2017, 02:54 PM   #11
Joe's_cool_1le

I'm sure they'll get you all fixed up. Not sure about the labor though which still sucks if you have be out of pocket for that. I know I didn't install mine myself but if I have to pull it off (hoping not) I'll probably upgrade the HPFP and Injectors while I'm there (or whoever else is there). Also really curious to the changes they made since my install too.

Mine is/was running great. Haven't been able to beat her since I had a micro discectomy on Thursday but I do hobble to the garage to see if she's still there. My son has been very nice to offer to take her out for a drive for me..... NOT!!!!

GL Nick
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Old 08-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #12
nick_casper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
I'm sure they'll get you all fixed up. Not sure about the labor though which still sucks if you have be out of pocket for that. I know I didn't install mine myself but if I have to pull it off (hoping not) I'll probably upgrade the HPFP and Injectors while I'm there (or whoever else is there). Also really curious to the changes they made since my install too.

Mine is/was running great. Haven't been able to beat her since I had a micro discectomy on Thursday but I do hobble to the garage to see if she's still there. My son has been very nice to offer to take her out for a drive for me..... NOT!!!!

GL Nick
Thanks. The labor to swap it out is no nig deal. I contacted Whipple and their first words were that they will make it right.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:00 PM   #13
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Thanks. The labor to swap it out is no nig deal. I contacted Whipple and their first words were that they will make it right.
That's awesome!
Old 08-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #14
1le32907

Quote:
Really Whipple told me your cost to have it removed they will handl shipping etc