Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-02-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
I LOVE Porsche's part 2

One Camaro ZL1 and 21 Porsches. Reminds me of the childhood song 'one of these things is not like the others'.

In the interest of fairness, I am adding a wonderful run with Pcars. These guys were not just extremely fast but also complete gentlemen. It's a capable group that you would least expect a point-by (not required) yet every pass made was granted.

I'll be honest, I went into the day thinking I wouldn't have anyone to play with. Holy crap was I wrong. I worked my ass off getting to the front and, I made plenty of mistakes doing it (as you'll see at 8:50 & 12:50 on the EXACT same corner). This was not a day to bring street tires!

I joke about the attitudes of Porsche Wallet Pros but I was honored to run with this group. but the camaro is faster hehehe

Last edited by OminouSS; 11-02-2017 at 01:36 PM.
OminouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
mr965

Drives: ///M3
Thanks for an entertaining video on this dreary morning. It looks like you enjoy chasing the rabbit like I do. Thunderhill looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to try it next season. Great driving Rob!
mr965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:01 PM   #3
OminouSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr965 View Post
Thanks for an entertaining video on this dreary morning. It looks like you enjoy chasing the rabbit like I do. Thunderhill looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to try it next season. Great driving Rob!
Thank you! You gotta let me know when you're planning your trip up. We have a group of forum guys in the area and its a blast driving together.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:10 PM   #4
ss_rob

Drives: SS
Man you put the hurt on some of those Pcars. I enjoyed the last minute. Great driving!
ss_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:44 PM   #5
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
I am entertained... Nice driving.

The P car rear engine set up sure doesn't like that down hill off camber. You gained ground there every lap.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:54 AM   #6
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Easy Peezy...Like stepping on Bugs...lol

What was your fuel burn like? (gals)

Thanks for posting
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #7
OminouSS

Thanks guys. I really do have a little too much pride in this 'merican car. Just love it. Now I have a serious dilemma which I will air out for advice in the ZL1 threads.

Pin: Not practical. haha. On a 20-25 minute session on this track I go through about 1/2 tank. It's a little more bearable at places like Sears Point, err I mean Infineon, err, I mean Sonoma Raceway and MRLS as I burn through about 7 gallons per session there. The two straights on this track are brutal. Buttonwillow is even worse than T'hill!
Old 11-04-2017, 11:43 PM   #8
mr965

Drives: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
Thanks guys. I really do have a little too much pride in this 'merican car. Just love it. Now I have a serious dilemma which I will air out for advice in the ZL1 threads.

Pin: Not practical. haha. On a 20-25 minute session on this track I go through about 1/2 tank. It's a little more bearable at places like Sears Point, err I mean Infineon, err, I mean Sonoma Raceway and MRLS as I burn through about 7 gallons per session there. The two straights on this track are brutal. Buttonwillow is even worse than T'hill!
Yes. The fuel burn rate is crazy. The more you enjoy the great sounds the sooner you’re leaving the track for fuel. I highly recommend leaving the track when you see the low fuel light. Do not attempt just another couple of laps. Trust me..I know. I’ve held up traffic limping to the exit.
mr965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #9
OminouSS

I would not wait for the light. That would not be advisable at Thunderhill or BW13 with this cars appetite. Guys I run with have run empty on the 5mile trying to get one more lap with the light. Some groups I drive with charge you for the tow if you run it dry. And they should. The session ends for everyone with a driver's poor planning (and failing to exit the line). I have a 30 gallon fuel drum with me at every track plus 8 fuel cans. I don't hit the track on less than 1/2 tank. Just don't want to be [I]that [I] guy.

Tags
battle, camaro, porsche, race, track