Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #15
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Joe, what did I tell you?? You have to take it easy. You have to let it heal, correctly.

Well, I'm going for another try again tomorrow or Thursday. I have to custom make header gaskets. Kooks gaskets WILL NOT work (atleast on mine)
Kooks gaskets do not line up with exhaust ports, then blow between head and gasket causing a ticking noise.

Maybe just mine......It's cursed...
Attached Images

2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:56 PM   #16
nick_casper

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
Really Whipple told me your cost to have it removed they will handl shipping etc
Sorry, that came across wrong. I'm not implying Whipple will pay for the labor. I am doing it myself and the supercharger itself is very easy to remove and install.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:51 PM   #17
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_casper View Post
Sorry, that came across wrong. I'm not implying Whipple will pay for the labor. I am doing it myself and the supercharger itself is very easy to remove and install.
No worries thanks for clarifying feels like this has been a very long journey for all us Whipple owners
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #18
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
No worries thanks for clarifying feels like this has been a very long journey for all us Whipple owners
YA, we are the test dummies. Mine well be off the 3RD time soon, But that cause I'll fix it. Party On Lab Rats...lol
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:42 PM   #19
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_casper View Post
Funny thing is I'm really glad to a degree I went through all the pain in my build I learned a lot and if needed could tear my motor down to the block and put er back together for $0 labor

Walked into this just with a buddy that knew everything needed...walked out knowing a lot about my motor. Like Nick said it really is easy to take it off and put back on (once you have done it 6 times like me ha ha.)
80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:18 AM   #20
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

Drives: Camaro
For the people having issues what the serial # of the blowers? Wondering when they revised the design. As i have a pending order, on a 6-8 week lead time. also curious to see when the revisions started in the serial # count
Goohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:59 AM   #21
ex-SS-ve

Got mine broken in finally and it has that slight rattle. The same exact rattle the supercharger in my zl1 was making. However it was a easy repair on that car by installing the Solid coupler. I am almost certain thats why we have the rattle on the whipple supercharger. I will pull the nose off mine to verify that soon.
Attached Images

ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:01 AM   #22
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve View Post
Got mine broken in finally and it has that slight rattle. The same exact rattle the supercharger in my zl1 was making. However it was a easy repair on that car by installing the Solid coupler. I am almost certain thats why we have the rattle on the whipple supercharger. I will pull the nose off mine to verify that soon.
That device you removed might be there to improve the reliability of the blower by having some 'give' to certain forces. I know someone who sells a part that serves such a purpose for Procharged Harleys and those particular setups from what I understand do improve the reliability. Just something to think about.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:35 PM   #23
nick_casper

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve View Post
I'm pretty sure its the coupler also. I took my belt off and the SC pulley has play. Vid:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HVu5g6e6fFs