#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
Ehuerta
USN VET

Drives: 2016 SS sedan, 2018 ZL1 1LE
Post Race wheel measurements on ZL1 1LE

This might be a question for the wheel section but since the two wheel manufacturers I’m considering aren’t members or sellers on this forum I’ll ask here. Has anyone measured to fit a 17 inch wheel but 10.5 or11 inches wide? I know Carlyle has a set and so does weapon x. I’m trying to measure this myself following the American racing video on YouTube. I’m still finding this a bit difficult lol. If anyone has some advice, I would appreciate it.
Ehuerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #2
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
17”?!?! Why so small? Are you planning on drag racing your ZL1 1LE?
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:46 PM   #3
Ehuerta
USN VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
17”?!?! Why so small? Are you planning on drag racing your ZL1 1LE?
Yes and roll racing too. I know it’s a «*track*» car but I feel this suspension will do great on the strip. The aéro might not help at all though.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #4
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehuerta View Post
Yes and roll racing too. I know it’s a «*track*» car but I feel this suspension will do great on the strip. The aéro might not help at all though.
Hey man, it’s your toy! Do what you’d like with it! Wish I could offer advice but I’m unsure how small of a diameter you can fit Front/back. If drag racing is your interest (especially half mile) you should ditch all of the 1LE Aero or maybe trade someone Parts with a standard ZL1. It will cost you ET and MPH.

You’d prob also pick up more ET switching to some drag racing purposed double adjustable coil overs. The DSSV are stiff and not designed to transfer weight for launching.

Or prove me wrong and go run numbers as-is haha.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:13 PM   #5
Ehuerta
USN VET

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Hey man, it’s your toy! Do what you’d like with it! Wish I could offer advice but I’m unsure how small of a diameter you can fit Front/back. If drag racing is your interest (especially half mile) you should ditch all of the 1LE Aero or maybe trade someone Parts with a standard ZL1. It will cost you ET and MPH.

You’d prob also pick up more ET switching to some drag racing purposed double adjustable coil overs. The DSSV are stiff and not designed to transfer weight for launching.

Or prove me wrong and go run numbers as-is haha.
I’ve actually done some test hits and the DSSV transfer weight quite fine, again aero might not help but since I see all these RS/SS owners doing a bumper swap I’m guessing it’s cheap AF to buy a regular ZL1 fascia if I needed to.

Last edited by Ehuerta; 03-19-2018 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #6
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
You lost me at "Roll Racing".

Also, the suspension is complete garbage for drag racing.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #7
RSFR

Drives: ZL1
Might as well send it.

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...le-zl1-lt1-lt4
RSFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:25 PM   #8
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
Well if your wheel guys can't guide you through it or have the CADS to verify fitament, why not go with the guys who have done plenty of sets. I have been a wheel guinea pig before and now I say PASS. I think it would be bad a$$ to see you doing every kind of racing with the car.

Last edited by Mcmillion; 03-24-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:58 PM   #9
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehuerta View Post
This might be a question for the wheel section but since the two wheel manufacturers I’m considering aren’t members or sellers on this forum I’ll ask here. Has anyone measured to fit a 17 inch wheel but 10.5 or11 inches wide? I know Carlyle has a set and so does weapon x. I’m trying to measure this myself following the American racing video on YouTube. I’m still finding this a bit difficult lol. If anyone has some advice, I would appreciate it.
Wheel fitment is a black art Haha, I'm currently doing the same thing with the wheel CAD files from my ZR1 getting built on Monday! I've designed a wicked set of wheels and want to start cutting them.

For the ZL1, Welds will clear the stock brakes in a 17x11". Their 18" won't even clear a C7 because of their inner barrel with relation to the UCA where I can clear it with a good forged wheel like Forgeline.

Same with the ZL1 front, 18" Weld RTS wont clear whereas the Forgelines will. Weld has since come out with their 18" Alumastar, but they're pretty pricey by comparison to their RTS series and only match the S71" somewhat.

If I can help with a set of wheels, just LMK!
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backspace, drag wheels, offset