Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #309
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Flop?

GM almost went away. Cadillac, once the universal standard of excellence became a badge engineered also ran. The ALPHA chassis, in particular the V series and Z series have earned the respect of automotive analysts world wide. They will keep building best in class automobiles and in time, sales will follow. It speaks volumes that GM is doing so well in China.

Rome wasn't built in a day. It will take Cadillac several generations of excellent cars to win back customers and market share. They are making money, turning record profits and that is the bottom line.
Only thing I will argue here with you Pete is that yes GM is doing insane in China, but the alpha is a extremely small % of that. IIRC they have a specific version of the ATS sold in China and that is the only Alpha car sold there.

EDIT: If this site is accurate the ATS-L made up 32% of Cadillac sales so I guess its a good chunk but still seems like the driving force is other vehicles not on Alpha

http://carsalesbase.com/china-car-sales-data/cadillac/
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #310
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:48 AM   #311
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
GM sells about 10 million cars per year
They sell about 90,000 alpha chassis

So you go ahead and post the finacial status of the entire company as a rebuttal to me saying that the alpha chassis is a flop, which represents less than 1% of the total vehicle sales. Sound logic

Facts are stubborn
Guy,

And your "facts" to support your perception that the Alpha chassis is a "huge flop" are???

Oh, I forgot....you "rented a Camaro for 4 days" once.

In 2017 US Sales of the Alpha Chassis models represented 4.11% of the total sales of Chevrolet and Cadillac models. Considering how much of Chevy/Caddy sales are trucks and SUVs, not bad.

I'm not sure that either my substantiated facts, or your totally made up facts, regarding sales is the point on whether the Alpha Chassis is a success. I just take issue when someone pulls numbers directly from their rectum and uses them to make a statement of fact. I have owned 3rd, 4th, 5th and now 6th Gen Camaros and the Alpha Chassis is spectacular.

Oddly, I have no problem with you posting stuff like:

"Also was blasting some back roads in VT in the cts, has to be one of the coolest roads in the country, and came across a c5 vette who was a crazy good driver. We were like seriously racing, tires screeching and all, I was right behind him and I barely trying and could have passed him with the worlds worst motor trans combo, the 3.6 v6, with the 8speed. (8 speed in the cts is nothing like the 8l90 in the SS)"

Have at that stuff all you like. Just don't bring that Kool-Aid to a grown man's party.

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:59 PM   #312
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Only thing I will argue here with you Pete is that yes GM is doing insane in China, but the alpha is a extremely small % of that. IIRC they have a specific version of the ATS sold in China and that is the only Alpha car sold there.

EDIT: If this site is accurate the ATS-L made up 32% of Cadillac sales so I guess its a good chunk but still seems like the driving force is other vehicles not on Alpha

http://carsalesbase.com/china-car-sales-data/cadillac/
Alpha is not the driving force behind GM. ALPHA is a platform that is doing well for GM and provides enthusiasts like us with some great automobiles.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:05 PM   #313

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I keep hearing how well Cadillacs are selling in China. But not selling well at all in the U.S.

Are Cadillacs exported to China from the U.S.? If so, that is good news....If the Alpha Cadillacs are not exported to China from the U.S.A., why should we care how well they sell in China?
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:58 PM   #314
2010REDSS

Quote:
Alpha is not the driving force behind GM. ALPHA is a platform that is doing well for GM and provides enthusiasts like us with some great automobiles.
+1

How far we have come as Camaro enthusiasts is simply amazing. I can put some simple mods (primarily safety) on an otherwise bone stock Camaro ZL1 1LE and run with Porsche GT3's / any thing Bimmer / Vettes / anything Mustang - on any track. All day long.

Fine times we live in right now as car guys and girls.

Now let's talk about the next (possible?) Z/28!

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"

Old 02-28-2018, 02:30 PM   #315
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
So, do you guys think there will be a Z/28 announcement with the refresh announcement like they did with Gen5?
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:53 PM   #316
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
So, do you guys think there will be a Z/28 announcement with the refresh announcement like they did with Gen5?
I’m guessing no.

Without a new Corvette, there is no new engine. Without the new engine, there is no Z/28.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #317
shaffe

Quote:
Dude your posts are really confusing me lol. In 1 post your talking about volume of all 3 alpha cars being something Ford only dreams of being able to do. I point out the volume isn't much different(US Volume) then you bring China into it

Quote:
How many Mustangs sold in China compared to Cadillacs?
As seen here ^

Quote:
Flop?

GM almost went away. Cadillac, once the universal standard of excellence became a badge engineered also ran. The ALPHA chassis, in particular the V series and Z series have earned the respect of automotive analysts world wide. They will keep building best in class automobiles and in time, sales will follow. It speaks volumes that GM is doing so well in China.
Here I know your talking about how good alpha is, and again bring up how well GM is doing in China while this whole discussion is about the Alpha cars almost like Alpha is the reason they are doing so well in china, but then you say this

Quote:
That it is not Alpha that is the reason GM is doing so good in china so which is it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I keep hearing how well Cadillacs are selling in China. But not selling well at all in the U.S.

Are Cadillacs exported to China from the U.S.? If so, that is good news....If the Alpha Cadillacs are not exported to China from the U.S.A., why should we care how well they sell in China?
If I read it correctly the sole Alpha based Cadillac in China, the ATS-L is built there in China
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 02-28-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #318
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Dude your posts are really confusing me lol. In 1 post your talking about volume of all 3 alpha cars being something Ford only dreams of being able to do. I point out the volume isn't much different(US Volume) then you bring China into it

As seen here ^

Here I know your talking about how good alpha is, and again bring up how well GM is doing in China while this whole discussion is about the Alpha cars almost like Alpha is the reason they are doing so well in china, but then you say this

That it is not Alpha that is the reason GM is doing so good in china so which is it lol.

If I read it correctly the sole Alpha based Cadillac in China, the ATS-L is built there in China
You wrote that the ALPHA platform is a flop.

Worldwide sales volume is an important measure of success for any automotive platform.

GM sold over 170,000 vehicles in China last year, 5 or 6,000 were ALPHA plus another 20 some odd thousand ALPHA based cars in Europe. The average transaction price is higher for a Camaro than a Mustang with an even greater disparity between a Mustang and a Cadillac. Ford is using fleet sales in the same way GM did in the the bad old days to boost volume of the Mustang as well as other platforms. With an average transaction price that is a minimum of $5,000 per vehicle higher than Mustang he ALPHA platform is not a flop.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:00 PM   #319
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
Guy,

And your "facts" to support your perception that the Alpha chassis is a "huge flop" are???

Oh, I forgot....you "rented a Camaro for 4 days" once.

In 2017 US Sales of the Alpha Chassis models represented 4.11% of the total sales of Chevrolet and Cadillac models. Considering how much of Chevy/Caddy sales are trucks and SUVs, not bad.

I'm not sure that either my substantiated facts, or your totally made up facts, regarding sales is the point on whether the Alpha Chassis is a success. I just take issue when someone pulls numbers directly from their rectum and uses them to make a statement of fact. I have owned 3rd, 4th, 5th and now 6th Gen Camaros and the Alpha Chassis is spectacular.

Oddly, I have no problem with you posting stuff like:

"Also was blasting some back roads in VT in the cts, has to be one of the coolest roads in the country, and came across a c5 vette who was a crazy good driver. We were like seriously racing, tires screeching and all, I was right behind him and I barely trying and could have passed him with the worlds worst motor trans combo, the 3.6 v6, with the 8speed. (8 speed in the cts is nothing like the 8l90 in the SS)"

Have at that stuff all you like. Just don't bring that Kool-Aid to a grown man's party.
Look in the mirror, you are a fanboy

I called it a flop, I also called it the best high production chassis ever made.

You’re defending the alpha chassis by calling out my lack of experience behind the wheel, and pointing out your extensive experience behind the wheel. How does that validate your point whatsoever that the alpha chassis is not a financial flop?

You are jumping on me because I’m saying the chassis is great but sales are not.

All you see is... “omg something negative about alpha chassis, he must be wrong, let me post some illogical drivel about how wrong he is.”
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:49 PM   #320
2010REDSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
Look in the mirror, you are a fanboy

I called it a flop, I also called it the best high production chassis ever made.

You’re defending the alpha chassis by calling out my lack of experience behind the wheel, and pointing out your extensive experience behind the wheel. How does that validate your point whatsoever that the alpha chassis is not a financial flop?

You are jumping on me because I’m saying the chassis is great but sales are not.

All you see is... “omg something negative about alpha chassis, he must be wrong, let me post some illogical drivel about how wrong he is.”
Tastes like grape Kool-Aid.

And no....I'm jumping on you because you are wrong.

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"

Last edited by 2010REDSS; 02-28-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #321
shaffe

Quote:
You wrote that the ALPHA platform is a flop.

Worldwide sales volume is an important measure of success for any automotive platform.

GM sold over 170,000 vehicles in China last year, 5 or 6,000 were ALPHA plus another 20 some odd thousand ALPHA based cars in Europe. The average transaction price is higher for a Camaro than a Mustang with an even greater disparity between a Mustang and a Cadillac. Ford is using fleet sales in the same way GM did in the the bad old days to boost volume of the Mustang as well as other platforms. With an average transaction price that is a minimum of $5,000 per vehicle higher than Mustang he ALPHA platform is not a flop.
Show me where I said Alpha was a flop. I said nothing of the sort, I think you have me mixed up with someone else. All I said was US volume there was not huge gap, YOU brought China into it comparing Cadillac Sales to Mustang Sales, which brought the conversation of volume up.

And Everyone loves to keep throwing ATP around. Yeah it's great to see the cars are selling for higher, but if we don't know the profit being made is it that great a unit of measure?

Example
Product A ATP is $1200 but average profit $200
Product B ATP is $800 but average profit $300

Which one is making more profit? It's B but in the example of the cars we don't know how much profit is being made. Now I will agree with the general consensus here that Alpha is probably more profitable S550.

And this all boils back down to the original post you made where you made it sound like Alpha Volume was something the S550 would never be in reach off.

Quote:
I think you will get the same response about the 6th Gen. The ALPHA underpinnings are on the ATS, CTS and Camaro. While the sales numbers are not huge for any one model, the three together are profitable, so profitable a company like Ford only dreams about selling the chassis the Mustang is on in those numbers.
Quote:
If we are just talking straight numbers

Mustang 81866
Camaro 67940
CTS 10344
ATS 13100

The Alpha trio total volume was 9518 cars more than the S550, that's not a huge gap, in 2016 it was even less and same for 15.

Now profit is something no one knows so if you want to argue the Alpha is more profitable I would love to see the profit each makes on each model lol
Quote:
How many Mustangs sold in China compared to Cadillacs?
Either way it's all in good fun sir

Last edited by shaffe; 03-01-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:49 AM   #322
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I’m guessing no.

Without a new Corvette, there is no new engine. Without the new engine, there is no Z/28.
There is a lot of talk out there, that makes me think there is a Z/28 or Z28 coming, if not it will be the first Gen Camaro with out a Z28 in the line up.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote