Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #1
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Need verification of windshield

Safelight has tried 4 times to get the correct windshield for my car. A 2010 SS 6 speed with out remote start. Finally, they said they had the correct windshield and installed it when I was not available. The spot in the center of the windshield looks like it should have a bracket for the remote start but it doesn't. I think it's the wrong windshield since it doesn't look like the spot did on the old windshield. Would someone with a SS 6 speed car post a picture of the center of there windshield from the inside and outside? It's the spot by the rearview mirror that looks like a sun visor. It needs to be an original GM windshield too please. Safelight is saying my windshield is correct and they gave me the correct part number, but visually, my windshield does not look correct. Also, I do not have a HUD.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #2
snags18

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Windshield

SSMickey:
Hope these pics help. 2010 SS 6 speed. The wire and suction mount are for the dash cam. Also visible is my ez pass.
Attached Images

snags18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Thanks, your pictures are a huge help. According to your pictures, they installed a windshield for an automatic with remote start in my car and popped the bracket off. Or GM changed the windshield design which I don't think happened. Your center visor and mine are different.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #4
rdame

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I just got a windshield. Questions needing answers were, Did it have remote key, did it have HID, did it have horizontal or vertical bracket (relates to if you have garage door remote and OnStar mirror in upper consolle I believe). The number they came up with was different than the on listed in GM Parts direct so I called dealership independently and they confirmed that number was correct. I used a glass company that used Pilkington. Others manufacture their own and it often is not up to OEM standards (but does meet required ratings). If they installed it four times with their own glass then I think it is time to vote with your feet....The upper console configuration requires the wider blackout and you do not have that.

I am not a glass guy but this was my recent experience. P.S. Don't let your raised wipers fall when the blades are upside down. That is how I broke mine.....
2011 2SS, L99 Auto, VMax TB, "Strong" MAF, MSD Wires, JRE Modded Metco Breather, DEI Plug Wire Heat Socks, Heater Hose Update, 160 degree Thermostat, CAI Intake, JRE CAI Scoop, Moroso Catch Can, ARP Header Studs, Dynatech 1 7/8 LT Ceramic Coated, Dynatech Supercats 2.5” out, 2.5" Corsa S Catback Resonator X Pipe,Moroso Driveshaft Hoop, Moroso Tunnel Brace, Goodridge Phantom G-Stop SS lines, Motul 600 RBF brake fluid, SCT 4 with JRE Tune
rdame is offline   Reply With Quote