Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #85
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
A larger, 4" MAF charge tube along with the ZL1 in-tank fuel pump will resolve most all fuel issues with the LLT. I have a 2010 LLT Twin Turbo Limited Edition. Project was completed 2 years ago and 25,000 miles later, not one problem. Fueling solid to 10+ PSI and that is with a 50 HP NOS shot. The car is a beast. Vince at Trifecta did the tuning on the engine and automatic transmission. He did a perfect job.
So awesome man. Im sorry to bother you. But could you please send me or point me to a summary of what youve done to your car and its supporting mods. Im going to be looking to do something very similar to you.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:04 AM   #86
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey Alice how much RWHP did you achieve on 10 psi without the nitrous shot? LFX guys are getting insane numbers
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #87
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Go to Alice's garage. Full details there. I never had the car on a dyno. I can only estimate around 550+HP at the crank, give or take. I street race a buddy with a Vette that runs 11.8/11.9 in the 1/4. I consistently pull him a bit up to 60 MPH then it's even to 90 MPH, then I shut it down. Hate tickets. I consistently can launch the car from a dead stop at .76 G's. So that should give you an idea of how it runs. I have 34,000 miles on the build and not one issue except a bad cat converter at 15,000. Removed them. It's a beast for a 6 banger. Love to drive it and in fact, it is my only car and a daily driver. Vince at Trifecta did the tune and scaled the 4" MAF. It does not run out of fuel with the larger MAF charge tube like most, if not all, LLT's do when exceeding 6-7 PSI boost.

Last edited by alice; 10-10-2015 at 03:44 PM. Reason: added info
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:02 PM   #88
TJ91

Quote:
Go to Alice's garage. Full details there. I never had the car on a dyno. I can only estimate around 550+HP at the crank, give or take. I street race a buddy with a Vette that runs 11.8/11.9 in the 1/4. I consistently pull him a bit up to 60 MPH then it's even to 90 MPH, then I shut it down. Hate tickets. I consistently can launch the car from a dead stop at .76 G's. So that should give you an idea of how it runs. I have 34,000 miles on the build and not one issue except a bad cat converter at 15,000. Removed them. It's a beast for a 6 banger. Love to drive it and in fact, it is my only car and a daily driver. Vince at Trifecta did the tune and scaled the 4" MAF. It does not run out of fuel with the larger MAF charge tube like most, if not all, LLT's do when exceeding 6-7 PSI boost.
Thanks alot for taking the time to respond. Really appreciate it! I know youve always had a crazy build just never had a chance to take in your twin turbo build.
Great news im glad the LLT handled those boost levels for so many miles
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 10-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #89
Maniature

Drives: Camaro 2010 1LT
Quote:
great build sir!!

cant wait to get twin turbo setup! 1 more year to graduate!. n become full licensed EE engineer
Old 10-12-2015, 12:23 AM   #90
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Cool car and an interesting set up. I get a giggle out of it being called a "limited edition"

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:13 AM   #91
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
Cool car and an interesting set up. I get a giggle out of it being called a "limited edition"
GM sure did spit on Synergy owners that year lol
Old 10-12-2015, 01:45 AM   #92
Fabberge

Drives: C7 Z51
Quote:
A larger, 4" MAF charge tube along with the ZL1 in-tank fuel pump will resolve most all fuel issues with the LLT. I have a 2010 LLT Twin Turbo Limited Edition. Project was completed 2 years ago and 25,000 miles later, not one problem. Fueling solid to 10+ PSI and that is with a 50 HP NOS shot. The car is a beast. Vince at Trifecta did the tuning on the engine and automatic transmission. He did a perfect job.
yeah going larger diameter charge pipe was also an option but we wanted to keep piping the same between the two kits so we went with a different maf sensor setup. and yes, also running a zl1 pump. just waiting on the sensor to show up. apparently jet was on backorder on those.
Fabberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:58 PM   #93
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Hope everything works out
Old 10-13-2015, 07:20 AM   #94
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
You didn't say for sure, what MAF you were purchasing for the LLT but I am understanding by the last post that you are waiting on the Jet MAF sensor so I assume that is the one you ordered. We have tried those in the past and what is strange about them is that they look identical to the factory units. If you look close and do a visual comparison, you will see they milled off the numbers. I spent time looking closely at one and for the life of me, I can't see where anything was altered. The only other explanation is someone stumbled onto a MAF that looks the same but was for another application and milled the numbers off and selling it as a performance MAF for the LLT. I don't know for sure. We installed these in (2) projects and honestly, did not note any performance difference. Remember though, that this was a seat of the pants test, which can be very unreliable, so I cannot say for sure one way or another. Please let us know what you find and what your performance tests reveal. I am interested in further feedback on the JET MAF.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:01 PM   #95
Maniature

Drives: Camaro 2010 1LT
update?
Old 10-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #96
Fabberge

Drives: C7 Z51
sensor showed up today. should be back to tuning it any day now.
Fabberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:34 AM   #97
TJ91

Great news
Goodluck guys!
Old 10-23-2015, 10:21 AM   #98
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
Thumbs up