Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #15
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
You're right, I did not see the 23.6 figure 8 time, that is friggin amazing. matches the z/28 and 458 Italia figure 8 time and the quarter mile comes oh so close to the z/28. That portends well for the gen 6 track time.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/motortrend-figure-8
Isn't the 6Gen SS 24.1?
Old 10-29-2015, 07:54 PM   #16
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Isn't the 6Gen SS 24.1?
awe man I totally mis-read the article, and ran off without even noticing the chart at the bottom. my bad sorry. It was 24.1

1SS manual non NPP

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t-test-review/
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:05 PM   #17
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I do not think they will have a 1le shortly. That is a middle to end of the line refresh type of model to boost mid to late year production sales. Just my thoughts. There is no reason to boost any sales at this point the ss is already hot and faster than last years 1le.

24.1 still pretty damn close for a Daily Driver.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:28 PM   #18
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
As a current 1LE owner I am curious to see how the Gen 6 drives. In general, I doubt I will really be able to tell much difference in performance unless I really push the car to its limits, which will be hard to do on a test drive. 12.4 vs 12.9 in the 1/4 is indeed faster but if there is no time clock or a car drag racing down the track next to you, which is about 99% of the time, would you really notice a difference? The question is can you pick up a left over loaded 2015 1LE 2SS with Recaro seats that has an MSRP of $46k for like $35k? I know the GEN 6 is all new and improved but a $10k difference between the cars could make the decision a little harder.
A car that's a half second quicker will be felt any time you mash the gas.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:48 PM   #19
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzefzoozoo View Post
Call me impatient but I can't help but feel resentful for GM's refusal to reveal at least their decision, be it yea or nay, towards the @#!%ing existence of a 6gen 1LE!

No one has claimed to know this, nor heard anything still.

I won't buy until the 6gen 1LE question is answered. The longer GM takes, the more bitter my resentment will grow, and the higher a chance a competitor (like the M2 & Alfa Guilia) will come to the scene.
This is standard practice. They are never going to tell us what is coming down the road until they are ready to show off the car. They also won't release something like the 1lE/ZL1/Z28 in the first year of the new generation.
Next year will be the earliest we might see one of the performance variants. I believe the GT350 guarantees that some higher performance Camaro will come out next year. Maybe we get both the 1LE and Z/28 in the same year, but that would be unusual. I suspect we get the Z/28 or ZL1 next year and the 1LE the year after.

You can be mad all you want, but they aren't going to tell you anything until they are close to releasing the car.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:04 AM   #20
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
MT's review disproves that. A 1SS M6 without MRC bested the figure 8 and acceleration tests of the 5th gen 1LE. Only thing not beat was breaking distance which was 6ft difference I believe.
Can't remember where but someone at GM stated the base SS is superior and the MRC offers "even further levels of performance"... Or something like that.

I remember reading something like that a few weeks ago.

As far as feeling a difference from a 5gen ls3 car I'm betting it's a rather noticeable difference. Given the weight and hp difference is essentially like adding 50hp. Very noticeable.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:46 AM   #21
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Call me impatient but I can't help but feel resentful for GM's refusal to reveal at least their decision, be it yea or nay, towards the @#!%ing existence of a 6gen 1LE!

No one has claimed to know this, nor heard anything still.

I won't buy until the 6gen 1LE question is answered. The longer GM takes, the more bitter my resentment will grow, and the higher a chance a competitor (like the M2 & Alfa Guilia) will come to the scene.
What car mfg would you expect to fully reveal what they are going to release down the road when the first production cars are just now rolling out of the factory?

I would rather purchase a Camaro SS now & trade it off for a later 1LE than purchase something out of spite.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:56 AM   #22
juzefzoozoo

Drives: 2012 997.2 911 GTS, 6mt
Not asking for full reveal...just whether or not a 1LE will exist. Just as we knew for nearly two years that the gen6 SS would exist. Infact, it is typically known whether new versions of almost Any car will exist. Pick any car, any manufacturer..chances are, we know if the next version will exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
What car mfg would you expect to fully reveal what they are going to release down the road when the first production cars are just now rolling out of the factory?

I would rather purchase a Camaro SS now & trade it off for a later 1LE than purchase something out of spite.
juzefzoozoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:20 AM   #23
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Angry

Also I'm waiting to see if an 1LE version is going to come out to go against the GT350.
It will be great to have a 6th.gen 1LE with wider tires and some type of sport seat like Recaro or the Competition seats and other suspension goodies. I hope that for the first time it's also available in automatic transmission. I can't stand this waiting!
The last time that I hesitated I purchased the new '11 5.0 GT and six months later I was hitting the wall because the Boss version came out.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:53 AM   #24
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
Not asking for full reveal...just whether or not a 1LE will exist. Just as we knew for nearly two years that the gen6 SS would exist. Infact, it is typically known whether new versions of almost Any car will exist. Pick any car, any manufacturer..chances are, we know if the next version will exist.
We did not know the SS would exist. We expected it to exist based on assumption. We found out that the SS would exist when GM formally announced it just a couple of months ago. No company announces their plans until they are ready to. It's bad for sales of what's currently for sale, and you don't want to let the competition know what you're doing too early.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:50 AM   #25
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Can't remember where but someone at GM stated the base SS is superior and the MRC offers "even further levels of performance"... Or something like that.

As far as feeling a difference from a 5gen ls3 car I'm betting it's a rather noticeable difference. Given the weight and hp difference is essentially like adding 50hp. Very noticeable.
Auto 5th gen to auto 6th gen is 50+HP.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:03 AM   #26
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
MRC really offers no performance advantage. MRC is a way to make the car handle very well, AND ride very nice. This is proven so far by the best test numbers being from a non MRC equipped car.

As for the SS vs 1LE, lets also remember the huge difference in tires. The 1LE get some wide, non run flats. The SS tires are not as wide and are run flats...just imagine the 1LE tires on the SS...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:22 AM   #27
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
If I were in the market for a 1LE, I would wait and get the new SS or at least wait and test drive one. I'm luke warm on the exterior, but the new interior is great and so are the performance numbers. I was at the Find New Roads tour on Weds and talked to Tom Peters and their test driver. Both said the new SS out performs the outgoing 1LE and offers near ZL1 performance. Tom said the new SS has suspension tweaks like upgraded bushings that are standard. Someone asked why isn't there a strut tower brace and he said it's not required because of the strength and stiffness of the new chassis. I specifically asked how does the new car handle when pushed at the limit compared to the 5th gen and he said it was a major difference and you can really feel the weight difference and the car is more balanced. Also, the new 6 speed shifter has a shorter throw and feels much nicer than even the ZL1 shifter.

Imo the straight line performance improvement (.50 sec difference in the 1/4 is huge and can be felt on the street) alone is worth the price of admission and the rest is icing on the cake.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:31 AM   #28
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
MRC really offers no performance advantage. MRC is a way to make the car handle very well, AND ride very nice. This is proven so far by the best test numbers being from a non MRC equipped car.
What's interesting is I asked an engineer on the Raleigh stop about the difference in ride between standard and MRC. He said the ride on the standard is like a mix of Tour/Sport on MRC. But he also said MRC felt much stiffer and composed in Track than the standard suspension. Whether it will make a difference on the track, I tend to think no. But it made me think.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote