Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-11-2016, 05:18 PM   #15
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
I just pray that they don't price customers away from buying the car. Because liking the car and all it's attributes is one thing but actually going out and spending one's hard earned money is another thing; total cost of ownership is a sobering reality. It's crazy to see how much depreciation a car takes once you purchase it; I guess they minus the customer's appreciation off the top.
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:28 PM   #16
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra_Klutch View Post
I believe the V-6 version is going to draw in a lot of new customers especially those guys and gals who like cars like the Nissan Zs...very smart move on Chevy to bolster this segment of the model..
+1
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #17
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Yeah I have been a fan of the VQ series v6 and really none of the american companies have had as efficient design until now. Although the VQ is tapped out NA HP. This Camaro is really more in the G37 or now Q market. Since it is a 2+2. Although the New Q60 is said to be coming with a twin turbo 3L engine with 400hp. It will still be 3700-3800 lbs though.

Go test drive a v6 Challenger if you want to be underwhelmed. lol All 300hp trying to push 3800+ lbs.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:36 PM   #18
Doggman

Drives: 350Z 6MT
Quote:
I believe the V-6 version is going to draw in a lot of new customers especially those guys and gals who like cars like the Nissan Zs...very smart move on Chevy to bolster this segment of the model..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Absolutely! Especially considering the 370z has been unchanged for several years now
Almost bought a '16 370Z Nismo a couple of days ago but saw this announcement and decided to hold off. And fwiw, a 1LE SS will cost about the same, probably less than a '16 Nismo so the 370, price wise, competes with the V8's, especially when GM discount pricing is taken into consideration.

If Chevrolet brings this 1LE SS to the table for under $45k it will without a doubt be the best bang for your buck track worthy sports car on the market, in my opinion.
Doggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #19
Kobra_Klutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggman View Post
Almost bought a '16 370Z Nismo a couple of days ago but saw this announcement and decided to hold off. And fwiw, a 1LE SS will cost about the same, probably less than a '16 Nismo so the 370, price wise, competes with the V8's, especially when GM discount pricing is taken into consideration.

If Chevrolet brings this 1LE SS to the table for under $45k it will without a doubt be the best bang for your buck track worthy sports car on the market, in my opinion.
I'm hoping way under...that'll spike the Pony car monthly sales tally on this sight. I've own a 280z and a 300z and I love the heritage of it. I've never owned a V-8 muscle car and I was more into yester year's V-6 platforms but with this new chassis and increased efficiency it makes me hard press not to take a reading. I've been waiting for years to finally say "I do" when it comes to this segment. I've always had some hang up on the previous Gen Camaro and the Challenger. However, this 6 Gen Camaro pushes all my "get the mutha" buttons. I'm just glad I've been patient enough to wait it out.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:15 PM   #20
Kobra_Klutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Yeah I have been a fan of the VQ series v6 and really none of the american companies have had as efficient design until now. Although the VQ is tapped out NA HP. This Camaro is really more in the G37 or now Q market. Since it is a 2+2. Although the New Q60 is said to be coming with a twin turbo 3L engine with 400hp. It will still be 3700-3800 lbs though.

Go test drive a v6 Challenger if you want to be underwhelmed. lol All 300hp trying to push 3800+ lbs.
I have to share a story regarding a test drive in a Challenger R/T (non SRT version). The salesman helping me out was about my height 6'4 but he weighed 300+. I went looking during a summer month and it was taking it's toll on the big guy. He was sweating profusely just on the return trip from getting the keys. Long story short; when we drove the car it felt sluggish and I knew it just didn't have it but in the back of my mind I wondered how much faster it would have been had he not been in the car (no disrespect to him at all). So on the out-brief, with his manager, they asked me about the car and I told them that it felt sluggish and under-powered; not thinking about if I had offended my salesman or if this had happened to him with prior customers.

The car was definitely under powered for it size and they've remedied that part; big time. But weight seems to always reveal it's ugly head when regarding the performance of these cars.

The Challenger is no longer on my list of cars to buy after I test drove a 2SS a couple of weeks ago. I love the look but I need both (performance) and the 1LE does both exceedingly well.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #21
Doggman

Drives: 350Z 6MT
Quote:
I'm hoping way under...that'll spike the Pony car monthly sales tally on this sight. I've own a 280z and a 300z and I love the heritage of it. I've never owned a V-8 muscle car and I was more into yester year's V-6 platforms but with this new chassis and increased efficiency it makes me hard press not to take a reading. I've been waiting for years to finally say "I do" when it comes to this segment. I've always had some hang up on the previous Gen Camaro and the Challenger. However, this 6 Gen Camaro pushes all my "get the mutha" buttons. I'm just glad I've been patient enough to wait it out.
Yeah, if they get it close to $40k... well.

I'm in a similar boat, never owned a V8 pony car and never been a big fan quite frankly. The handling never matched the engine which is a massive turn off to me. However, things have changed. Both Chevrolet and Ford have brought things to the table that simply cannot be dismissed. That's why I'm here.
Doggman is offline   Reply With Quote