Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #15
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
For intakes our two top sellers are Roto-Fab and Cold Air Inductions. Both fit great and have oem quality parts. They make solid power, look trick and have solid customer reviews.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #16
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast1le View Post
801,did u dyno before mods?
Yes. 368 hp and 371 tq
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #17
sutherlacd27

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
new era....track proven results.
sutherlacd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #18
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
everyone is gonna say theirs is the best. so these threads are usually full of everyone just trying to prove to themselves that the one they own is the best on the market.

do the reasearch, theres a few threads that were created that compare them side by side on the dyno. thats not the end all be all though. You mentioned the Halltech Yellowjacket, i used to own one but sold it because i couldnt stand the lack of quality that went into it. the box that surrounds the filter is super flimsy and for the price they charge i was expecting a lot more.

i recently switched to an ADM Race unit and am beyond happy with it. it performs just as well as the Halltech and its SOLID. its also a sealed box as opposed to open on top like the Halltech.

like i said, do the reasearch. i didnt and ended up buying another intake because of it.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #19
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
Get a CAI intake from Apex Chase.
http://www.apex-speed.com/cold-air-i...ck-finish.html
I also got my 1 7/8" Kooks from him too. Hooked right up to my NPP exhaust and it sounded amazing.
Thanks for the mention and for your orders.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #20
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Just ordered one from Dynosteve, gives a good deal to C5 members:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335469

Also, what part of Texas you from? I got my headers and tune from Lethal Racing in Lafayette, La.
justjoshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #21
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
everyone is gonna say theirs is the best. so these threads are usually full of everyone just trying to prove to themselves that the one they own is the best on the market.

do the reasearch, theres a few threads that were created that compare them side by side on the dyno. thats not the end all be all though. You mentioned the Halltech Yellowjacket, i used to own one but sold it because i couldnt stand the lack of quality that went into it. the box that surrounds the filter is super flimsy and for the price they charge i was expecting a lot more.

i recently switched to an ADM Race unit and am beyond happy with it. it performs just as well as the Halltech and its SOLID. its also a sealed box as opposed to open on top like the Halltech.

like i said, do the reasearch. i didnt and ended up buying another intake because of it.

^^ THIS!!
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #22
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
Yes. 368 hp and 371 tq
Roto-Fab intake, and a set of KOOKS or SP headers would be my recommendation. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #23
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-_-RAD View Post
New era! I'll be making the switch to their otr or vararam from cai. I honestly think the k&n was more of a performer that this one.
Whoa whoa whoa, I'm surprised you haven't been tarred and feathered for that comment, lol!! But on the serious, I don't think Vararam will fit on the 2014 Camaro. Just a heads up. But funny comment tho, haha!!

I got Vararam for its location, where it draws air in from, and how it functions. But on a 2013 Vararam will not fit. So if I had a 13, I'd look at CAI, Halltech, Rotofab, LSR, and Henessey as far as an underhood closed intake goes. For a fenderwell intake, I think AEM, BBK, and SLP are really nice.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #24
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Halltech!

Nah...just kidding. I have one and there's nothing wrong with it but if I had my choice I would've had an ADM race intake. At the time I got mine the ADM was about $600 so it was out of my price range. Roto-Fab might have been another choice at the time but I like the one piece design of the Halltech.

If you don't do an OTR like the Varram or New Era make sure to do a air scoop and get rid of the washer bottle. The washer bottle clogs up a bunch of air right there.

My vote would be to go with an ADM race with washer bottle.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #25
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
For the cold air kits we have several different brands available, including Rotofab. We also have multiple brands available for the headers and X-Pipe, including American Racing, Stainless Works, and Kooks. Give me a call or PM and I will get you the best deal possible.

Brandon
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #26
B-_-RAD
Banned

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Whoa whoa whoa, I'm surprised you haven't been tarred and feathered for that comment, lol!! But on the serious, I don't think Vararam will fit on the 2014 Camaro. Just a heads up. But funny comment tho, haha!!

I got Vararam for its location, where it draws air in from, and how it functions. But on a 2013 Vararam will not fit. So if I had a 13, I'd look at CAI, Halltech, Rotofab, LSR, and Henessey as far as an underhood closed intake goes. For a fenderwell intake, I think AEM, BBK, and SLP are really nice.
I'm ready to do a radiator swap at this point or just buy a new era. Vararam is suposedly making one to fit 13&14
B-_-RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #27
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-_-RAD View Post
I'm ready to do a radiator swap at this point or just buy a new era. Vararam is suposedly making one to fit 13&14
Haha, oh ok. I'm just surprised you weren't happy with CAI. Most people on here go nuts for them. But yea as far as form and function goes, I think it can be said without bias that Vararam and New Era are tops. Good luck on your switch, I know you'll be happy with either of them bro!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #28
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
FWIW, I chose CAI. It is very well made and as powerful as anything else out there. For headers, my tuner likes ARH so I'm taking his lead on a set of CA78SHWC into my OE catback as shown here:

http://www.americanracingheaders.com...oSS+V8_V6.html