Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2015, 07:11 PM   #1
CoupeSS

Drives: 2013 Coupe 2SS/RS
Camaro, the wedge in my marriage.

Back in 2013 my wife and I decided we wanted a weekend car, something we can jump in and take a road trip for the weekend. A car we would we own forever and pass to our children, So we purchased our 2013 2SS/RS, which I keep in the garage and it is always emasculate. All was good in the beginning, then she decided she wanted to start driving it to work on Fridays, (100 Miles RT) that went on for about two months then one Friday it was raining and I told her she could not drive it in the rain. Of course she didn't agree, but drove her VW instead. Then not long after I mentioned that we purchased this car for pleasure, not a commuter. She stopped driving it to work, but always makes jabs about it. Today (Saturday before Christmas) she wants to drive it to the mall, I told her I was not comfortable with that, as today is the busiest shopping day of the year ad I am in far of door dings, There will be zero empty spaces. (Normally we park in the back 40). So of course that did not set well, and she said "let's just sell it". So here I am, my 2013 has 8000 miles on it and in pristine condition. Any advise?
CoupeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:13 PM   #2
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
It's a Camaro, not a Ferrari. Let her drive it as she please. Family comes first.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:24 PM   #3
maguilar496

Drives: 96 camaro
Turn that one into her DD and if funds permit buy a zl1 to have as a garage queen........
maguilar496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:24 PM   #4
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Seriously man. I agree with superfly. It's a car meant to enjoy. I don't think I'd ever be able to just let my camaro sit and not be driven. I even hand my wife the keys to pick up my son from daycare. She does come back saying that that was enough camaro for her for a while lol.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Drive the crap out of it then get something new in a few years
Old 12-19-2015, 07:31 PM   #6
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
My wife and I love our Camaro and while I try to keep it as perfect as possible, at the end of the day it is just a car. She should probably think a little more about today being what it is, but you can still have a great looking car with miles on it. Mine has 42,000 miles on it and still looks great. If this car is causing this much animosity take a step back and think about what is most important to you.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:33 PM   #7
ocautomotive

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2018 SS 1LE
It is a mass produced car. These cars are meant to be driven, and driven hard. I DD my SS, 43k miles since March 2014 and love every second of it. I have 1 ding on the car that will cost 50 dollars to remove.
ocautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:35 PM   #8
dentnshell

Drives: Black 2014 2SS
Drive it, enjoy it... These things are loosing value everyday especially with the 2016's on the street... It is not like the '13 will be a collectors edition. There are a ton of them on the road being enjoyed everyday.

My wife Daily drives hers, She also spends a ton of time keeping it clean. Because she drives it everyday, she has no problem taking the 210k mile Altima to Wal-Mart, or in bad weather.

Are you going to keep it forever? Or trade in a 12k mile car in a couple of years, so that some other guy gets a pristine Gen5 at a great price?

I personally think of it like sex... I enjoy it every chance I get.... Not sure what good it would do to save it for the next guy after I die!
Mods: LSA Conversion 2.5" Upper Pulley, 65# injectors, GPI SS1 Cam, SP Long Tubes, ADM Race Scoop & CAI, NPP exhaust (DIY control), BMR 1" lowering springs, ZL1 Rear Differential / Axles, CF Side Strip / Hood Spear, Tint - Windows / Tails / Sidemarkers, Splash Guards, ADM Boost Gauge, ABL Dashkit, '68 Script Badges, ACS T4 Splitter, ZL1 Rockers from Gary's, Z28 Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent, Summer - MRR FS01 Satin Black (10" Front 11" Rear) Winter, pictured-Drag DR 64's Satin Black (9" Front-10" Rear.)
dentnshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:36 PM   #9
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Let her drive it, but if she gets a door ding, or scrapes the wheels against a curb, or messes it up, just let it go. But the repair costs will have to come out of something she wants to do (don't tell her that, just get it fixed and when there's no money for something she wants you can say "...Gee, I'm sorry. If only we didn't have those extra car repairs...".

Don't lord it over her, after all it's just a car, and it's not worth causing conflict in your marriage. Believe me, I know how hard that can be, as I've caused tensions in my marriage when I blew a gasket about her putting a dent in my driver side door with her Jeep's door. It's easier to fix a dent than a wife.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #10
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
This thread is right up my alley. Long story but mine is similar. We bought a '12 45Th LT RS. (if that's the right damn letters) Ok, we originally went for the 'entry level' manual. She couldn't drive it. Ended up with the bigger prize. She works at the hospital. People with real ailments park in the lot and need wide open doors to get out. God bless em. I will be one too, soon. It got whacked. Took a big chip out of the door, very little dent. I wigged. She stopped driving it to the horse pistol. It became a garage queen.

I traded it and bought a '15 2SS RS. She calls it much more my car than hers. Perfect! She really did come around to having a 'showroom' car to enjoy on occasion, not making it a DD. I guess a sort-of compromise was reached. I drive the hell out of it, but I don't care if I have to walk a quarter mile. She does. I win.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #11
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
This is why I bought the Manual lol.

But really, its just a car.... I just don't understand why its a 2013 with only 8k on the clock.

I would be driving the hell out of it.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #12
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Dude really, if you don't let her drive it when she wants she'll find someone that will ... It's just a car, man up.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:41 PM   #13
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
You guys it's not about that he doesn't drive it,or let his wife drive it. The story was to "increase sale value" it doesn't have much since the 16 is out. Private sale would be your best bet. I'd rather just keep it...unless a Z06 C6 was offered....
BlueN20Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:42 PM   #14
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
It's a Camaro, not a Ferrari. Let her drive it as she please. Family comes first.
+1 , Always
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote