Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-20-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
Torque Converter Doesn't Want to Engage After Panic Stop

I got the Camaro's ATF flushed at the Cadillac dealer near me (best rated GM dealer around, and obviously the CTS and ATS have been using the LFX/6L50 combo for years now). 55k miles on my 2012 2LS, which is exactly where the owner's manual recommended for the "severe" service schedule. Today I noticed after panic stopping for a cat crossing the road in our subdivision, when pressing the gas to get going again, the revs climb and the car jerks into motion chirping the wheels as if I had dumped the clutch on a manual car. Easily able to replicate. Doesn't make a difference if locked in first gear, in drive, or with TSC/ESC on or off. This appears to be a torque converter issue? It should be noted it has already been replaced once under warranty for the dreaded vibration issue at about 15l miles. Have 10 months left of powertrain coverage.

Any chance related to the rear or the transmission itself? Did the flush simply accentuate whatever issues that may have already existed?

Help!

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #2
JD_Alaska

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Coupe L99
May want to make sure it's full on fluid
JD_Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote