Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-21-2015, 10:42 PM   #15
15cammedSS

Drives: 2015 2SS....white
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueN20Camaro View Post
For reasons like this is why I never buy a product and tune with the same company.
There was no tune.....all I did was remove stock intake, replaced with Roto fab and make another pull. Nothing else was adjusted tuned or changed.
15cammedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #16
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
Really good Stock numbers; 383hp/381tq is the highest I've seen so far...
I was thinking the same thing - those are significantly high. And to hit over 400 rwhp with only an intake? wow
Old 07-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #17
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15cammedSS View Post
So BIG thanks to Ric at Phastek for putting my car on the dyno for couple of baseline pulls and then a couple after install of rotofab intake. Here's the pic of dyno sheet. 2015 2SS/RS 6 speed. Just hit 1525 miles on the odometer
Congrats on the big gains!! Now we just need some pics!
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #18
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Your #s on the first run started dropping around 4800 RPM?
And those #s still seem a little high.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:19 PM   #19
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
Every body needs to relax. Dynos are not facts about horsepower, they just showed the increase in whatever mod was install from the same day. Numbers will vary and it's nearly impossible to compare to another dyno pull on another weather. Are these numbers high of course. Does it mean the intake didn't work? No they was an increase. Should you cry because your dyno pull wasn't up to par ? No. The slightest input (straps too tight) can rob HP or add HP. So relax let the guy enjoy his intake.
BlueN20Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:35 PM   #20
15cammedSS

Pic 1......for the Roto-Fab fellas
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #21
15cammedSS

Pic 2, little closer
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #22
15cammedSS

I didn't really pay much attention to the dyno graph, other than the peak power. Was just too see if the intake in fact would make any gains. I can ask ric why the drop n power up top but there wasn't any tuning envolved. Just an addition of the intake. I have the cam and exhaust coming soon, then we will put a little more into the fine tuning of the pull. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. I'm satisfied with the power for now, for a stock car.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #23
15cammedSS

Oh and yes, I came home and plasti dipped my bumper the middle and I know I missed a couple of spots. I'll touch them up asap...
Old 08-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #24
15cammedSS

anyone else go with this setup and make good gains?
Old 08-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #25
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
anyone else go with this setup and make good gains?
Congrats on the gains and thank you for using our products. 14-18 HP gains are what we usually hear-more with a tune. You are a few HPs higher than that, but not too far from the norm.
Your testing shows something very significant and I will explain. Often when you see before and after comparisons, you will see a low baseline number. When conditions are poor or the car is running hot for the baseline number it will be low, then comparatively speaking, the mod will show a bigger gain. The fact you show a good baseline on a car we are familiar with gives more credibility to the gains you show on the same dyno.
Some believe these cars all produce about the same HP in stock form, but that is completely untrue. I have personally witnessed a large number of "identical" LS motors run consecutively on an engine dyno with over 20 HP differences in peak power! And that's on an engine dyno without all of the other variables involved with a chassis dyno. You get strong ones and weak ones.You have a strong car "out of the box" and the intake helped make it a little stronger-enjoy it!
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #26
15cammedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Congrats on the gains and thank you for using our products. 14-18 HP gains are what we usually hear-more with a tune. You are a few HPs higher than that, but not too far from the norm.
Your testing shows something very significant and I will explain. Often when you see before and after comparisons, you will see a low baseline number. When conditions are poor or the car is running hot for the baseline number it will be low, then comparatively speaking, the mod will show a bigger gain. The fact you show a good baseline on a car we are familiar with gives more credibility to the gains you show on the same dyno.
Some believe these cars all produce about the same HP in stock form, but that is completely untrue. I have personally witnessed a large number of "identical" LS motors run consecutively on an engine dyno with over 20 HP differences in peak power! And that's on an engine dyno without all of the other variables involved with a chassis dyno. You get strong ones and weak ones.You have a strong car "out of the box" and the intake helped make it a little stronger-enjoy it!
THANK YOU! I am very happy with my choice in the Roto-fab intake. I didn't expect the numbers to be so high either but I don't see how or WHY would I lie about a stock car. Ive ben into imports for last 15+years and this is my first domestic. So I am happy. I did stay within GM's guidelines as far as breaking her in. I don't know if that matters or not but I waited until after she hit 1500 miles under her belt before I went above 4000rpms and or 80mph. I want to wait till around xmas before I do any other mods and Id like to get pulls on the same dyno with the addition of the mods. I already have a cam in my garage waiting to be put in by I will impatiently wait. haha Time will tell when I do put the cam and headers and HF cats and a tune. But for now, unturned with ONE bolt on...........pfft Im happy!
Old 08-04-2015, 01:24 PM   #27
15cammedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1LE View Post
Awesome gains! Can't wait to get mine on.
this fella stock numbers almost identical to mine...... thanks for the post Joseph
Old 08-04-2015, 03:06 PM   #28
Msingh
Account Suspended

Drives: 12 Black Camaro LS M6
u mean u never opend it up till 1500... wow good for you.. i could not do that. i was raxing BMWS on the highways at like 400 miles. lol.. its a car i enjoy it. Their made much strong these days and thats what warrenties are for aslo..lol..

Enjoy!!

Quote:
THANK YOU! I am very happy with my choice in the Roto-fab intake. I didn't expect the numbers to be so high either but I don't see how or WHY would I lie about a stock car. Ive ben into imports for last 15+years and this is my first domestic. So I am happy. I did stay within GM's guidelines as far as breaking her in. I don't know if that matters or not but I waited until after she hit 1500 miles under her belt before I went above 4000rpms and or 80mph. I want to wait till around xmas before I do any other mods and Id like to get pulls on the same dyno with the addition of the mods. I already have a cam in my garage waiting to be put in by I will impatiently wait. haha Time will tell when I do put the cam and headers and HF cats and a tune. But for now, unturned with ONE bolt on...........pfft Im happy!
Msingh is offline   Reply With Quote