Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-04-2021, 01:41 AM   #1
BG-CAMARO

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Question about Bluetooth

I decided to start using my bluetooth on my 2015 today to listen to music and answer calls instead of using an aux for the music and speaker for phone calls, and when I finally got my phone connected, the phone call quality was really poor and had a kind of squeal or high pitch noise, and when I tried playing music It kept sounding like it was pausing for half a second and the continue ( but it would do this continuously). Does anyone else have this problem or know a way for me to fix it?
BG-CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 05:10 AM   #2
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I have a set of headphones that will do this if they are connected to two devices simultaneously via BT, even if one device is not broadcasting. For example, if it is connected to both my cell phone and my work laptop, either will sound choppy and like there is buffering even if only one is broadcasting music.

Is your phone broadcasting to a BT headset or something as well? If so, try disconnecting (you don't have to unpair) and see if that fixes it. If not, no idea.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:12 AM   #3
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
I use BT ALLLLL the time tethered to my phone, and never had an issue. Now sirius xm...thats a whole nother story....

Now Im wondering if our radios may have firmware updates....have to investigate this, will let you know.
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:02 PM   #4
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
They do have firmware updates and they arent free at the GM dealer here...Not sure if that would cause BT issues or not.
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote