Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-23-2019, 08:33 PM   #29
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
This is so stupid... grow up dude. And no, I’m not a baby boomer I’m 31.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:39 PM   #30
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
This explained some things for me:

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-f...ll-your-elders
Old 11-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #31
Teeth

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
This thread has definitely taken a turn.
I really, really, really wish it didn't, but there are some amusing folks in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
This is so stupid... grow up dude. And no, I’m not a baby boomer I’m 31.
Never said you were, don't act like a victim if you aren't one.
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 02:24 PM   #32
Aqua Blue RS/SS

No acting a victim here buddy. I’m starting to understand why you hacked the exhaust off your car though.
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:41 PM   #33
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
No acting a victim here buddy. I’m starting to understand why you hacked the exhaust off your car though.
When a catch can just isn’t enough.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 05:02 PM   #34
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Id be cautious about buying stuff from ikon. Could be a hit or miss as far as fitment goes. I have a ikon 1le like splitter and it didnt fit right and on one side it looks bent. Of course i still have it on my car until i get a better one ��
Old 11-24-2019, 10:12 PM   #35
Teeth

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
Id be cautious about buying stuff from ikon. Could be a hit or miss as far as fitment goes. I have a ikon 1le like splitter and it didnt fit right and on one side it looks bent. Of course i still have it on my car until i get a better one ��
Yeah, not even sure if I'm gonna do this one. Might be too much work than I want to do to the car, what with all the body work.
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:38 PM   #36
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I think i saw a thread a few months back or so where a member installed a 6th gen front clip on his 5th gen?
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:26 AM   #37
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Ok...

So "boomer" is supposed to be an insult for baby boomer. I'm in my 30's; therefore, I'm nowhere near a baby boomer, but that is the apparent "insult of all insults" these days?

A generation that worked in factories, steel mills, supported their spouse and children with every fiber of their being, etc. VS. a generation that uses social media to act tough without the fear of having their teeth knocked out of their skull, demands $15 per hour to cook french fries, etc.???

Nice thread guys. Good luck. I'm out.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:03 AM   #38
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Name:  D3142EFA-3359-44EB-8E25-1ECA303C3CFB.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  93.9 KB
Old 11-25-2019, 09:18 AM   #39
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Ok...

So "boomer" is supposed to be an insult for baby boomer. I'm in my 30's; therefore, I'm nowhere near a baby boomer, but that is the apparent "insult of all insults" these days?

A generation that worked in factories, steel mills, supported their spouse and children with every fiber of their being, etc. VS. a generation that uses social media to act tough without the fear of having their teeth knocked out of their skull, demands $15 per hour to cook french fries, etc.???

Exactly.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:19 PM   #40
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Ok...

A generation that worked in factories, steel mills, supported their spouse and children with every fiber of their being.
The "Me" generation doing that? No way. I think what you are referring to are the people that came before them called the "Greatest Generation".
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #41
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ok...

This is just cherry picking traits of the generations. Not every generation is perfect. Everyone contributed good stuff and everyone contributed crap. Whatever your generation is, is your generation to own.

Most importantly every generation inherits the previous generations worst and best traits. Guess what boomers and gen X. Those millennials you like to bitch about...you raised them. And millennials...if you’re demanding $15 at Macdonalds, your folks should have taught you the value of an education. If you’re eating tide pods, your folks should have idiot proofed your dumb ass. If your very existence revolves around your cell phone and the internet, your parents should have had the balls to say no to a phone until you were much older and responsible.

Ok boomer is not an insult. The crap and accomplished..gas wars, Vietnam, civil rights movement, race riots, technological breakthroughs, assassinations of great people. The list goes on. Made us gen xers look good as we wrapped up the Cold War and improved on technology and other world events we all take for granted.

For better or worse, the millennials will be running things before long. All we can hope is we got through to enough of them.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:33 PM   #42
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
The "Me" generation doing that? No way. I think what you are referring to are the people that came before them called the "Greatest Generation".
Baby Boomers are considered to be people born between the '45-'65. Many of these folks worked in factories, steel mills and the like. And considering fatherless children only made up ~9% of the US children at this time, as opposed to the 30%+ of fatherless children today, I believe my statement to be fair.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote