Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #57
Brummy85

Drives: 2011 SIM 1SS
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirush View Post
I guess you're too young to get the reference...get a charger
Old 08-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #58
flbadboy12

Drives: 2013 Dodge Challenger SXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by slomaro3.4 View Post
So you're 14, 2 years away from your parents getting you a car? And you're looking for advice on new cars that might not even be out yet? Advice my dad has given me throughout life:

1. 15 will get you 20
2. If it's pink in the middle it's cooked too little
3. Never ask a question you don't already know the answer to.
4. You can have any car you want as long as you pay for it.

My advice to you, buy something older and cheap that you can work on, girls love two things, guys who can work on cars, and guys who know how to do handbrake turns. So don't waste your time with something new.

If you're deadset on getting something new you should fit into the drivers seat of a Camaro without any major issues.
I really don't care about a new car I just want the car I love muscle cars it can be a 1971 barracuda I don't Carr I just want a muscle car I can fit it for years to come
Old 08-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #59
flbadboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Test drive it first,

When I first got in one I thought it was cramped, I'm 6'2. Loved em since I saw em but I didn't pull the trigger until two years later after buying a cruze.

Personally though, something a little more conservative might be better upfront for your first. It's not just going fast that's an issue with a performance car. At high school, your car is gonna get screwed with. Especially as a freshman, if you like it it's gonna cause problems. You're gonna scratch it, ding it up, it's gonna hurt every time and cost to fix. If you do have an accident and someone sees you in that and young they're gonna take you/your insurance to the cleaners and your rates are gonna soar. If a cop sees you fooling around, it's gonna be a traffic ticket. Far more care will have to go into it etc. etc. The car won't even be that big a deal until you hit college. trust me dude, college women > high school girls.

And then of course, dying sucks.

Just bear that in mind while looking at cars.
I need one that will never loose style because my parents are putting up 25k because I'm only getting one and I will have to work hard in college for anything else
Also I won't have the car to drive at school until imma Junior we live in a town of about 300-400 people plus you don't go messing with the 6-5 260 pound kids car lol
Old 08-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #60
flbadboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
Honestly I would get a Tacoma... My next vehicle
When you get your Tacoma sell me your camaro lol
Old 08-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #61
flbadboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJoe96 View Post
Check out an '06-'09 Monte Carlo SS. It has an LS4, and a 5.3 displacement with 303hp and 320 foot pounds of torque. I had an '07 impala SS, which is the same thing with 4 doors. Absolutely awesome car, roomy, and extremely comfortable.I'm sure you can find one with low miles at a good price. Cons: FWD, 4 speed automatic
My dad hates the idea of me having a v8
Old 08-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #62
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Here is an idea. Buy a brand new car, like a Mazda3 (under 25k will get you a real nice car with leather interior, etc etc), that is fun at low, regular road speeds, gets good mpg, is affordable to maintain, and that way, when you are out on your own, it is financially easier for you, so it will be easier for you to focus on school, and not have to work as many hours for gas/maintenance money. Plus, you will then have a good daily when you buy your ZL1.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #63
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by flbadboy12 View Post
Also people say you'll wreck it well at least ill wreck and die in a car I love not like me dying in a beat up toyota or Honda I go out with a bang.... also they say I shouldnt have a high HP car but when they were I'm high school they had 2nd gens Plymouth barracudas and Pontiac gtos and things
1. Dying in ANY car is stupid. Doesnt matter if its a pinto or a Lambo.... your still dead.

2. Cars now and cars back then had different meanings when it came to high HP.

3. You still have two years before you can even get a car

4. Anyone can drive one of these cars but not everyone can handle it.

5. Get a Iroc or 4th gen. Cheaper and still have a decent about of HP.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Old 08-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #64
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
So I am fourteen years old and I've looked at camaro5 forums ever since I was twelve I just love camaros.
So you have 31 posts and an average post of 14.35 posts/day, and you been on this forum for years???

Old 08-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #65
flbadboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
1. Dying in ANY car is stupid. Doesnt matter if its a pinto or a Lambo.... your still dead.

2. Cars now and cars back then had different meanings when it came to high HP.

3. You still have two years before you can even get a car

4. Anyone can drive one of these cars but not everyone can handle it.

5. Get a Iroc or 4th gen. Cheaper and still have a decent about of HP.
Well in two years from now we'll see what kind of car I have idk And in 10 years from now we will see if I crash it And die ... OK?
Old 08-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #66
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Quote:
Well in two years from now we'll see what kind of car I have idk And in 10 years from now we will see if I crash it And die ... OK?
You have no driving experience yet. What happens if you get behind the wheel, and like most people, dont do all that well. Nice to see you have regard for your own life btw. You carry inexperience, confidence, and lack of regard for your life as traits, definitely indicative of a person worthy of a car with more than 100hp
Old 08-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #67
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Sorry dude i dont mean to be a ass but these arent just cars. Civics, cavaliers, prius are just cars.
Im glad your on this forum to learn as much as you can about them. Most kids your age wont do that, so good for you.
Like Brettzel said " You have no driving experience yet. What happens if you get behind the wheel, and like most people, dont do all that well." We have all seen what can happen behind the wheel of a car someone was ready for.
I highly suggest you get a 3rd gen or a V-6 4th gen. It will help you get use to driving these cars, working on them , and help your parents sleep at night.

or a 4th gen.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Old 08-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #68
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
get a truck
Old 08-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #69
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
So 2 days ago this guy makes a screen name to suggest that he was 12 years old when he made his account (he's 14 now?). Then tells you he's been on the forum for 2 years (join date of August 2013). Then makes this bogus thread to try to incite another riot over parents buying nice things for their kids, probably hoiping it would turn into the other thread that's been going for a week or so about the guy who decided to keep his SS and get a new Range Rover instead of the ZL1.

All of you buy into his and keep this dumbass thread going. Please stop.

That is all.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #70
flbadboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
So 2 days ago this guy makes a screen name to suggest that he was 12 years old when he made his account (he's 14 now?). Then tells you he's been on the forum for 2 years (join date of August 2013). Then makes this bogus thread to try to incite another riot over parents buying nice things for their kids, probably hoiping it would turn into the other thread that's been going for a week or so about the guy who decided to keep his SS and get a new Range Rover instead of the ZL1.

All of you buy into his and keep this dumbass thread going. Please stop.

That is all.
Hello Mr intelligent I just now made the account because how would you all feel if a kid in 2011 says " oh I'm twelve I really like camaros you think my mom and dad will buy me one " no I waited till they started seriously talking to me about cars and now that I'm informed I will be getting one in march of 2014 or march of 2015 I asked the forum of my favorite car and the best forum that I've ever read on . But you think its bs . Why am I stressing this your just one of 7 billion people

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, challenger, first car