Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #43
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I thought the gray Camaro also had different taillights (all red), but it's just the angle/lighting. it's the exact same as the other Camaro's at the reveal.
I've got more angles... Guess it's the way the lighting shines on them

Name:  Capture11.JPG
Views: 455
Size:  59.8 KB

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 643
Size:  65.7 KB
Old 06-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #44
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Found these while browsing my pics...

Name:  Capture4.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  80.3 KB

With a flashlight on them..

Name:  Capture01.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  73.1 KB

Name:  Capture0.JPG
Views: 565
Size:  70.8 KB
Old 06-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #45
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The RS package is similar to the existing package. Still appearance, front and rear lights, wheels, etc.

But there can not be an SS/RS any longer, because all of the equipment comes standard on SS models. (lights, in particular)
Old 06-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #46
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The RS package is similar to the existing package. Still appearance, front and rear lights, wheels, etc.

But there can not be an SS/RS any longer, because all of the equipment comes standard on SS models. (lights, in particular)
Which makes me wondering with all that being standard on the SS, in addition to the other costlier bits the SS has, how much will that make the price jump compared to today's SS. I hope not too much.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #47
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:

TY... that's what I was trying to recall.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:24 AM   #48
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
TY... that's what I was trying to recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Which makes me wondering with all that being standard on the SS, in addition to the other costlier bits the SS has, how much will that make the price jump compared to today's SS. I hope not too much.
Honestly...I'm surprised it took them this long to do it. The SS was positioned as a "premium" model...it should act like it, from the cheapest trim level up. LED lights, and fancy wheels are no-brainers, imo.

This is strictly my own personal opinion...but I don't think it'll be a drastic increase in cost. Much of what was seen on the red SS in May was optional. The interior lighting effects, leather, memory seats, HUD...etc, etc...all of that was extra. The performance stuff isn't "expensive" per say...

But if you consider that the Corvette replaced its entire spaceframe with aluminum, used a carbon fiber roof AND added many of the same (if not more) standard performance features...they increased price from C6 to C7 by about $3000, a 7% jump. If you apply that (worst-case) to the Camaro...you're looking at about $2000 increase...imo, again.

It WILL get more expensive...demand for gadgets, and CAFE standards will see to that. But I don't think it'll be outrageous.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:39 AM   #49
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Mustangs are so cheap; they're holding the 2015 price for 2016 too. They can't raise the Camaro price too much or they will lose a ton of sales.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:54 AM   #50
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
Mustangs are so cheap; they're holding the 2015 price for 2016 too. They can't raise the Camaro price too much or they will lose a ton of sales.
I noticed that the other day.

For most of the past 5 years, people chose to purchase more expensive Camaros vs the cheaper Mustang because they wanted it more. That's why Chevy never really did much in the way of rebates with this car...didn't need them. They managed to outsell Mustang at a higher price.

But while I have no doubt in my mind that the new Camaro is a vastly superior car...there's a couple thousand dollar difference between a comparably-equipped car...
Old 06-19-2015, 09:07 AM   #51
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

But if you consider that the Corvette replaced its entire spaceframe with aluminum, used a carbon fiber roof AND added many of the same (if not more) standard performance features...they increased price from C6 to C7 by about $3000, a 7% jump. If you apply that (worst-case) to the Camaro...you're looking at about $2000 increase...imo, again.

It WILL get more expensive...demand for gadgets, and CAFE standards will see to that. But I don't think it'll be outrageous.
The gen6 won't have any carbon fiber which is significantly more than aluminum and steel. Aluminum is pretty much mainstream and that should drive the price down. I am hoping they can deliver the car under $1000 more than the previous model. That way I can add some options and still be on budget. It maybe possible that it will be cheaper than the previous model. When I recently bought my Mazda CX5 (which I will be trading in for a 1SS), the '14 msrp was cheaper than the '13 and I got .5 liter more of an engine and standard tech stuff. As you can tell I am very hopeful.
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote