Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-03-2015, 07:53 PM   #155
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
The Coyote is due for a replacement in a few years, just like the Gen IV V8s were. It is called progress.
Yep.

it wouldn't shock me, with the GT and the Raptor moving to the 3.5EB, if the Mustang GT goes to a TTV6 also with only the Halo cars like the GT350/500/Mach 1 etc etc getting a V8. And at that point it also wouldn't shock me if what few V8's are produced are going to be FPC's based off the 5.2
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:30 PM   #156
LilAndyG23

Drives: 1989 Chevrolet C1500
I think u missed my point, of course the mustang is a great car and much improved from its predecessor which was also a great car, but the coyote being due for a replacement is like saying LS's were scrapped after a few years and now LT's will be scrapped in a few years, yes displacement and components change but the recipe stays the same for Chevy small blocks, something ford just can't do. They had something going for the. With the 4.6 and 5.4's but it's not what LS has been for General Motors by any means.
The new mustang is a great car I love the way the look I love it's interior, technology, and features, but it's bigger heavier and doesn't have the athleticism of even a 5th gen. So I came off a little harsh, please forgive me but Im not giving the mustang any more credit than it deserves.
LilAndyG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:48 PM   #157
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Trolling?????
Old 06-04-2015, 06:45 AM   #158
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAndyG23 View Post
I think u missed my point, of course the mustang is a great car and much improved from its predecessor which was also a great car, but the coyote being due for a replacement is like saying LS's were scrapped after a few years and now LT's will be scrapped in a few years, yes displacement and components change but the recipe stays the same for Chevy small blocks, something ford just can't do. They had something going for the. With the 4.6 and 5.4's but it's not what LS has been for General Motors by any means.
The new mustang is a great car I love the way the look I love it's interior, technology, and features, but it's bigger heavier and doesn't have the athleticism of even a 5th gen. So I came off a little harsh, please forgive me but Im not giving the mustang any more credit than it deserves.
I think you may be missing something. Ford built the Windsor/Cleveland small-block V8 from 1962 to 2001. They had multiple displacements, ranging from the 221 (3.6L) up to the 351 (5.8L) and 427 (7.0L). It carried them from the heyday of muscle/pony car era through the gas crisis, EPA and CAFE periods with tweaks of the platform. They are now on the modular V8s, wich include the Coyote, Trinity and Voodoo and range in displacement from 281 (4.6L) to 354 (5.8L). The whole point of the modular platform is that it can be reconfigured easily. The Road Runner was a reconfiguration of the base Coyote. The modular V8 has been around since 1991, which is longer than the Gen IV (LS) and Gen V (new LT) motors produced by GM. The two companies have just taken different routes with the V8 development cycles. The length of time each cycle (complete refresh vs reconfiguration) is in no way an indication of them needing to scrap them because of intra-company competition. It is more driven by government regulation and consumer demand.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #159
LilAndyG23

Drives: 1989 Chevrolet C1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I think you may be missing something. Ford built the Windsor/Cleveland small-block V8 from 1962 to 2001. They had multiple displacements, ranging from the 221 (3.6L) up to the 351 (5.8L) and 427 (7.0L). It carried them from the heyday of muscle/pony car era through the gas crisis, EPA and CAFE periods with tweaks of the platform. They are now on the modular V8s, wich include the Coyote, Trinity and Voodoo and range in displacement from 281 (4.6L) to 354 (5.8L). The whole point of the modular platform is that it can be reconfigured easily. The Road Runner was a reconfiguration of the base Coyote. The modular V8 has been around since 1991, which is longer than the Gen IV (LS) and Gen V (new LT) motors produced by GM. The two companies have just taken different routes with the V8 development cycles. The length of time each cycle (complete refresh vs reconfiguration) is in no way an indication of them needing to scrap them because of intra-company competition. It is more driven by government regulation and consumer demand.
Well I'll be darned! I honestly didn't know that and it's wrong of me to say things without knowing it. It's time for me to get back to the books lol.
LilAndyG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #160
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Well I'll be darned! I honestly didn't know that and it's wrong of me to say things without knowing it. It's time for me to get back to the books lol.
Know your enemy.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:13 AM   #161
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Yep, someone will always be ready to do this , if you just throw out some random info!. I sat in a '15 Mustang the other day and I thought Ford did a good job with the car!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #162
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
With Chevy upping the V6 to 335hp keeping it as the middle option which is as it should be. Any wanna bet that Ford bumps there V6 HP back up again making it their middle option again over the ecoboost 4?
I wish. Unfortunately this isn't the first time Ford has forsaken the 6 like an ignored middle child and concentrated on 4's and 8's. I wish, really wish Ford would put out some kick arse 6's. Maybe the TT6 in the GT is a first step toward a refocused engine line up, who knows.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #163
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Depending upon how Ford got the 345/324 out of the 2.3 in the FRS we could see that output in the MEB soon, especially if it's simple e.g. a different turbo and tune...but not for a couple model years though. That way the RS can sell more on the merits of having more power.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #164
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Depending upon how Ford got the 345/324 out of the 2.3 in the FRS we could see that output in the MEB soon, especially if it's simple e.g. a different turbo and tune...but not for a couple model years though. That way the RS can sell more on the merits of having more power.
I'm not convinced on 0 - 60 yet, but I am convinced that the 2016 Camaro V6 will outgun the 16 Mustang EB in the 1/4. Less weight, more gears, more top end power.

So for that, and a few more reasons, I can definitely see Ford taking the EB up to 345HP range for the EB, possibly even for the 2017 MY. If the Mustang EB hits those numbers, even with its current 6 speed would likely take the performance lead back over the Camaro V6. If the Mustang gets the 9 or 10 speed that is coming, plus the power bump, it will be even better.

As for Ford doing anything to bump the power of their V6 in the Mustang. ehhh...I don't see that happening. They didn't even plan on putting the V6 in the car early on, and eventually added it as a lower cost option to keep base pricing low. If they even keep the V6 around at all past MY2016, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep power the same, keeping costs low by not putting any money into development and testing of the engine changes.