Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 09-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #141
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Tune and drag pack auto I've seen go 12.3@113 in da of about +500. That was his best run of the entire night.

Totally stock I'd believe 12.5-12.6 would be the end of the road in great conditions. With most being high 12s to low 13s

I think anyone claiming 12.3 totally stock has a tune.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:13 PM   #142
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol4rfl4re View Post
Ive seen them go 12.7s at local track, manual base and PP getting close to 2 tenths better 60ft times than my stock 60ft times. One was 2 days old (180ish miles) with paper tag. I dont go to the track as often as I want to but do go. This thread isnt about my car, but if you must know, it goes a bit quicker than your 11.8 last time it was out in summer, my mistakes were corrected and expect to drop another few tenths and go up a couple MPH.
Good for you. My runs are on the stock street tires, stock pressure, no launching, and rolling off idle with no LC and not really putting much effort into it. If I really tried and threw a tire on it and roasted them and launched the heck out of it then I'm sure I'd be at mid to low 11s. And my MPH was a 122. I brought your car up because you brought mine up talking trash about hard parking and car shows and questioning how I drive my cars. Not that I have anything to prove to you. I don't go to the track to push my car to it's best time. I go to have fun. I could do all the tricks in the world to get my times lower but to me it is not worth it. Not on my car. I go but I don't beat on my shit. But if you ever wanna line up then I'm all for it. And for the record, of all the times I went I've never seen a stock S550 GT do 12.7. I've seen them do 13.0-13.5 at best. But yea we'll all just take your word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
As I said about a week ago:

'But when all you've got to go on is the word of a single guy making an implausible claim ... trust it about as much as you would the National Inquirer'
Exactly. I stopped taking people's word on what they do at the track a long time ago.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:32 PM   #143
Sol4rfl4re
Banned

Drives: Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Good for you. My runs are on the stock street tires, stock pressure, no launching, and rolling off idle with no LC and not really putting much effort into it. If I really tried and threw a tire on it and roasted them and launched the heck out of it then I'm sure I'd be at mid to low 11s. And my MPH was a 122. I brought your car up because you brought mine up talking trash about hard parking and car shows and questioning how I drive my cars. Not that I have anything to prove to you. I don't go to the track to push my car to it's best time. I go to have fun. I could do all the tricks in the world to get my times lower but to me it is not worth it. Not on my car. I go but I don't beat on my shit. But if you ever wanna line up then I'm all for it. And for the record, of all the times I went I've never seen a stock S550 GT do 12.7. I've seen them do 13.0-13.5 at best. But yea we'll all just take your word for it.

Exactly. I stopped taking people's word on what they do at the track a long time ago.
I never said your car was slow, I simply asked if you had gone to the track because you talked like you have. I don't trash talk people's cars. I'd be all for a run but I'm not near you, and I find calling people out for a race over the Internet when you know they aren't close is cheesy. My car has 3 mods, very simple, basic small Procharger with its base tune, catted longtubes and tires. By your own admission, if you ran a low 11 stock you would be lying because magazines say they run mid 11s and owners can't be believed nor trusted.

Last edited by Sol4rfl4re; 09-28-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Sol4rfl4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #144
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Youll go a lot faster without that base tune
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:29 PM   #145
Sol4rfl4re
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Youll go a lot faster without that base tune
It's not procharger's tune, I trust those less than I do Hillary, lol. It's another tuner's start up tune that has worked well for me reliability and drivability wise so haven't felt the need to improve it. Timing is conservative based on logs, just working on the shift point and 60ft.

Last edited by Sol4rfl4re; 09-29-2017 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #146
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I never said your car was slow, I simply asked if you had gone to the track because you talked like you have. I don't trash talk people's cars. I'd be all for a run but I'm not near you, and I find calling people out for a race over the Internet when you know they aren't close is cheesy. My car has 3 mods, very simple, basic small Procharger with its base tune, catted longtubes and tires. By your own admission, if you ran a low 11 stock you would be lying because magazines say they run mid 11s and owners can't be believed nor trusted.
1st, I never said that you said my car was slow. So I'm not sure where that comment came from.

2nd, adding a supercharger is NOT a simple mod. And having one with LTs and DRs is far from considered "simple".

3rd, I'm tempted to call BS on your Procharger base tune statement because I know their tunes are garbage. And I'm not seeing how you can run it with LTs and HF cats when it is designed to work with a completely stock setup. So how you haven't leaned out is a miracle in itself. And how it's running well enough for you to hit mid 11s is another miracle.

4th, since you're capable of reading my comments and trying to find fault and since you looked deep enough to call me out on my cars I'm surprised you didn't take 2 seconds to look at my sig and see that I'm modded.

Lastly, I really don't care who does or doesn't believe me. I don't think everyone lies about what their cars do. But a lot of people do lie. Enough to make me skeptical when people say they do these hero runs.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:51 PM   #147
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I don't trash talk people's cars. I'd be all for a run but I'm not near you, and I find calling people out for a race over the Internet when you know they aren't close is cheesy.
I called you out because you had the nerve to assume and insinuate that I hard park and do cars shows. Even if that was the case it would be my car my money my preference and my prerogative. So whats it to you and who are you to judge? Mister morals.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #148
Sol4rfl4re
Banned

Quote:
1st, I never said that you said my car was slow. So I'm not sure where that comment came from.

2nd, adding a supercharger is NOT a simple mod. And having one with LTs and DRs is far from considered "simple".

3rd, I'm tempted to call BS on your Procharger base tune statement because I know their tunes are garbage. And I'm not seeing how you can run it with LTs and HF cats when it is designed to work with a completely stock setup. So how you haven't leaned out is a miracle in itself. And how it's running well enough for you to hit mid 11s is another miracle.

4th, since you're capable of reading my comments and trying to find fault and since you looked deep enough to call me out on my cars I'm surprised you didn't take 2 seconds to look at my sig and see that I'm modded.

Lastly, I really don't care who does or doesn't believe me. I don't think everyone lies about what their cars do. But a lot of people do lie. Enough to make me skeptical when people say they do these hero runs.

Look at my post before yours. As far as the blower, it's quite simple, likely the simplest kit available. Stage 2 P1sc doesn't touch the accessories, everything is bolted ahead of it, hardest part is pulling the bumper without breaking it. It made a handful of passes, all low 11s besides the first which I let off at the 1/8th, on 20s.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:52 PM   #149
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Wait! What about the 2018 GT?
Old 09-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #150
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Look at my post before yours. As far as the blower, it's quite simple, likely the simplest kit available. Stage 2 P1sc doesn't touch the accessories, everything is bolted ahead of it, hardest part is pulling the bumper without breaking it. It made a handful of passes, all low 11s besides the first which I let off at the 1/8th, on 20s.
That sounds like a story that would fascinate your Mustang buddies. A blower is not a simple upgrade when it takes at least a full a full day to install it and can give you over 200 extra RWHP and drop your ETs by almost 2 seconds. Even the P1SC kit can make over 600 to the wheels (on the S550) with a good intake setup, headers, and a tune. And obviously you upgraded your axles and syspension components as well. Nice try...
Old 09-29-2017, 04:52 PM   #151
Sol4rfl4re
Banned

Quote:
That sounds like a story that would fascinate your Mustang buddies. A blower is not a simple upgrade when it takes at least a full a full day to install it and can give you over 200 extra RWHP and drop your ETs by almost 2 seconds. Even the P1SC kit can make over 600 to the wheels (on the S550) with a good intake setup, headers, and a tune. And obviously you upgraded your axles and syspension components as well. Nice try...
Lol! Stop assuming man. It's an auto car, doesn't struggle with wheelhop like manual IRS cars. Stock driveshaft, stock axles, untouched diff with the 3.55s it came with. Car has stock intake manifold, 93 oct. makes less than 600whp, I know because I had it on the dyno, people kept asking what it made and I was tired of saying "idk". barely scratches 9psi at the very top of the powerband. P1 is a small unit flow wise. D1, Paxton 2200 and JT vortechs are the big boys.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:08 PM   #152
Sol4rfl4re
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Wait! What about the 2018 GT?
I'd say it matches 6Gen magazine times. If it doesn't I'll be the first in here to say I was wrong. That my opinion, based on specs that are out.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:56 PM   #153
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Back on the mustang. I think the reason it's almost October and we haven't seen a single magazine test or official 0-60 is that the mustang that will be capable of that sub 4.0 is going to be a small percentage of gt's sold. You have to get the A10, performance pack, and opt for the Michelin pilot super sport tires. The tires may be part of the performance pack but either way you're going to have a lot of A10 auto base models running around and they won't come close to hitting sub 4.0. No performance pack and regular tires and it's a rap. You can buy any camaro as with the A8 and hit 4.0. I don't care what trim level.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:12 PM   #154
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
Back on the mustang. I think the reason it's almost October and we haven't seen a single magazine test or official 0-60 is that the mustang that will be capable of that sub 4.0 is going to be a small percentage of gt's sold. You have to get the A10, performance pack, and opt for the Michelin pilot super sport tires. The tires may be part of the performance pack but either way you're going to have a lot of A10 auto base models running around and they won't come close to hitting sub 4.0. No performance pack and regular tires and it's a rap. You can buy any camaro as with the A8 and hit 4.0. I don't care what trim level.
The 2018 Mustang has not reached a production stage yet. I believe Job 1 was expected in early Oct. You are right tbough the auto PP car will probably be a small percentage of cars sold. Especially with the price hikes. I expect a 3.8-3.9 0-60 and a 12.5-12.6 1/4. Just my thinking.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote