Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #29
oldschool69
oldschool69

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
He doesn't know anything, that is all speculation.

"
oldschool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #30
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Here is what the dealer was thinking for younger generation. 70,000 is chump change for a college student.
http://www.nikeride.com/page/13/
The dealers don't know jack about what is coming out more than we do.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #31
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
What does he say about the C7 Corvette? Is this same TT V6 making 600 horses going to go in that? Rear engine? Autotrac 4WD system on the GMT900 platform?

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #32
Dobbins

Drives: 2010 LLT CGM STS Turbo- 500 HP V6
Ya I just wanted to see if you had heard anything. He works for Hendricks motorsports ad has actually seen the new model but couldn't tell me about it. But yes it is a less powerful v8 and a twin turbo v6. Atleast that's what he said.
Dobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #33
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbins View Post
Ya I just wanted to see if you had heard anything. He works for Hendricks motorsports ad has actually seen the new model but couldn't tell me about it. But yes it is a less powerful v8 and a twin turbo v6. Atleast that's what he said.
He's BSing you.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #34
djxrated81

Drives: 2011 camaro SS/RS
hey????!!!!! I have an idea, why dont we just wait for when the actual day comes to where they truly know what the 6th gen camaro will be, so until then enjoy what you have now
2011 2SS/RS Airaid cai, ARH HF cats X pipe, SLP LM1, 160stat,RX Catch can, Tuned @ Tune Time Performance, side marker black outs, decepticon bowtie emblems, stealth turn sig. bulbs,Hyper White DTRL Painted GFX, Havoc Spoiler
[IMG][SIGPIC]
djxrated81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #35
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I bet the engine options do not change much at all compared to what we have now. I also bet they just try to slim down the camaro in the next gen, leave the power the same.

There would be no need to totally redesign the LS platform, there is alot left in her even compared to what the LSA puts out in the ZL1. Remember, the vette is running 640 hp on basically the same engine with better parts and tune so there is much more room to grow in power.

I see a gen 6 keeping a similiar look to the Gen 5 but be 800 to 1000 lbs lighter with same engine options to start with, that being the V6, LS3 and LSA. Just a guess however.

A twin turbo LS3 could be very interesting however!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #36
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
He told me he couldn't tell me exactly what it looked like but that it would appeal more to the "younger generation". The dealer was Superior Chevrolet in Shawnee Mission, KS. It is top 10 in corvettes and they had 7 zl1's sold as well as selling a lot of Callaway's and Hendrick Performance camaro's. He also said some of the models will be a v8 that produces 385 horsepower, and then a twin turbo v6 that will produce 600 horsepower and will be in the low $70,000 range. Thought it was pretty cool so thought I'd share. I don't know if any of this is true, it is just what I was told.
Yeh..I think he is BS'ing. GM doesn't reveal any of that stuff to anybody until it is told to do so and it aint been released to any dealers yet. And if the V6 is producing 600 hp then there will be a v8 producing at least 650 hp.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #37
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Isn't it obvious the OP mixed up the v6 & v8

I read it as the 6 gets 385 and the 8 gets 600, as the other way around is an obvious mistake.

Yehh....thats probably what he meant. What else did he get mixed up? But a Twin Turbo V6 with just 385 hp is a bit low. Jay Leno is getting an easy 425hp out of his with 30 mpg at 65mph.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #38
Kent2010

Drives: Camaro SS
People, people, people... c'mon!

Dealers are inaccurate 99% of the time when they talk about cars on their own lot -- why anyone would believe a dealer's fortune-telling BS about cars that don't even exist yet is just baffling.
Kent2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #39
Dooley
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
He told me he couldn't tell me exactly what it looked like but that it would appeal more to the "younger generation". The dealer was Superior Chevrolet in Shawnee Mission, KS. It is top 10 in corvettes and they had 7 zl1's sold as well as selling a lot of Callaway's and Hendrick Performance camaro's. He also said some of the models will be a v8 that produces 385 horsepower, and then a twin turbo v6 that will produce 600 horsepower and will be in the low $70,000 range. Thought it was pretty cool so thought I'd share. I don't know if any of this is true, it is just what I was told.
Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #40
Dobbins

Drives: 2010 LLT CGM STS Turbo- 500 HP V6
I regret posting this haha. Ya just thought I'd share what he said to see if you guys knew anything but it backfired. Haha guess we will just wait and see!
Dobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #41
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Your dealer is an idiot so dumb that he can't tell the difference between an email from GM or an article in the paper. By making such reckless, obviously uninformed promises to potential car buyers, he fails to pay any attention to reality and lies to customers, thus perpetuating a corrupted industry.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #42
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
Quote:
I regret posting this haha. Ya just thought I'd share what he said to see if you guys knew anything but it backfired. Haha guess we will just wait and see!
As everyone else has said, the salesman was talking 100% nonsense.
I say go back in and call him on his BS!

The 6th-gen Camaro is still being designed at the GM Tech Center here in Warren, MI. The only thing that exists is some clay models and some sketches. NONE OF WHICH A SIMPLE SALESMAN IS PRIVY TO. Dealerships are the last to know what a new model looks like.

In my opinion, he should be disciplined for telling lies to customers. And needless to say, he does NOT deserve your business.