Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-16-2015, 11:47 PM   #29
benanderson89

Drives: Kia GT
As people have mentioned, Hellcat and Shelby are already here/on their way (respectively). Put a new 2SS against a Mustang GT PP and yes, I think Ford will need to work on getting their more accessible models in order to combat the Camaro effectively. The Dodge twins are boats, so those can be thrown aside.

Magnetic Ride Control, lighter weight, 8-speed automatic: Meanwhile the S550 has problems with wheel hop, even with fully independent suspension.

I will say that, even though I find the new Camaro a good looking car both inside and out, the Mustang is the better looking machine overall and it'll age better IMHO. It just feels more resolved.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:48 PM   #30
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsafe17 View Post
2016 looks like a just slightly updated 14-15..and the LT1,well... The ferd and mopar camps are laughing today.. we are still in last place imo... but hey the 10-13 still look like they want to punch you in the face so I am good... (w/ my mods of course )
Huh? Is this a joke? "the LT1, well..." Well what? If you mean "well its going to kick ass" the yeah I can agree with you. LT1 in a 3,700 lb car with an 8 speed is going to easily be faster than the Mustang and will surely give Challenger a run for its money.

I belong to a Mustang forum...and trust me they aren't laughing any longer....not at the potential for performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezima View Post
A lot of people can afford 60k cars, car loans are your friend, so is credit
lol. Why America is in such debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_age_revenge View Post
I love my camaro to death and believe me, it has been my dream car since it first came out but now that the Hellcat came out I would totally trade it in for one of those in a heart beat. Chevrolet needs to get it together because that 16' Camaro was a total fail.
Total fail? Please explain....and don't include anything that's just your opinion. Show us how it fails realistically...in terms of performance, or tech, or things that can actually be measured up? You might not care for the look, but that does in no way make it a "total fail"
Old 05-16-2015, 11:54 PM   #31
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Not being able to see the fusion and mustang similarity (and a more than acceptable one imo) , although an opinion, borders on extreme denial... I just can't imagine how the average intelligent person could not at least see some pretty significant similarity.

If the coin were flipped we would hear it just the same.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:08 AM   #32
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsafe17 View Post
2016 looks like a just slightly updated 14-15..and the LT1,well... The ferd and mopar camps are laughing today.. we are still in last place imo... but hey the 10-13 still look like they want to punch you in the face so I am good... (w/ my mods of course )
I highly doubt they are laughing. They just got a serious punch to their face and bank accounts.

The way is see it, hellcat is a Hail Mary pass in an attempt to stay relevant. Great setup but it's one model, over 60k. They redid the interior to something nice, but after today it's in 3rd place for round 2, yet again. Mustang and Camaros interiors are better. The 392, while beating the mustang will not keep up with a lt1 gen6 and even the boys over at Dodge would be blind to think otherwise. They redid the interior, added a halo car and new front and rear bumpers. They are in serious trouble if they don't have a new car out in 3 years.

Ford is sitting much better. Exterior is a wash, they have the nicer butt but those gawd awful headlights and so so front clip won't help. Interior is a wash between the two but I think the Camaros is more exciting. It's a tie to be unbiased. What they don't have is a 455hp/455tq engine strapped to the fastest shifting 8 speed in the business. They have a soft v8 with a average 6 speed. To top it off the Camaro is lighter, has MRC and a better chassis. GM knocked the tech out of the park on the new Camaro as well.

Match a 335hp v6 to a 310hp eco boost (more torque in the ecoboost, but still that 6 speed) and I guarantee you Ford is not laughing. If they don't have some decent upgrades in line they are only going to enjoy a possible sales lead for 1 year, this year.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:10 AM   #33
IOMike

Lt1 Camaro is going to hurt a lot of feelings.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:20 AM   #34
IOMike

Quote:
A lot of people can afford 60k cars, car loans are your friend, so is credit
This post right here explains a lot about you.

How sad of a world we live in where people think this way.

Put it this way, if you need a loan for all of a 60k car, you should not be buying a 60k car.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:25 AM   #35
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
The SS is going to be faster than the Scat Pack RT for less money and that's got to hurt a little. Reminds me of the 2010 SS vs 2010 SRT8 manual. It will be a good bit faster than the GT but it is going to be more expensive.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:25 AM   #36
tom_vilsack
Banned

Drives: fast
What is Ford gonna do now? There gonna jump for joy that Chevy just completely blew the rear end styling. I can imagine the Ford design group must have been laughing to kill themselves at the weird triangle side shape things (for lack of a better word to describe this abomination).

tom_vilsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:30 AM   #37
benanderson89

Drives: Kia GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
What is Ford gonna do now? There gonna jump for joy that Chevy just completely blew the rear end styling. I can imagine the Ford design group must have been laughing to kill themselves at the weird triangle side shape things (for lack of a better word to describe this abomination).

To be perfectly honest, if the styling on the rear bumper is the only thing they're laughing it (which they are, TBH), then it means Chevy did right on the mechanicals.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:49 AM   #38
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post
To be perfectly honest, if the styling on the rear bumper is the only thing they're laughing it (which they are, TBH), then it means Chevy did right on the mechanicals.
Yep.

They could be laughing that it's slower than last years car and can't even beat last years mustang at the track.

If one really thinks the mustang camp is getting more laughs in right now... Just never mind lol it stands on its own.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:55 AM   #39
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I highly doubt they are laughing. They just got a serious punch to their face and bank accounts.

The way is see it, hellcat is a Hail Mary pass in an attempt to stay relevant. Great setup but it's one model, over 60k. They redid the interior to something nice, but after today it's in 3rd place for round 2, yet again. Mustang and Camaros interiors are better. The 392, while beating the mustang will not keep up with a lt1 gen6 and even the boys over at Dodge would be blind to think otherwise. They redid the interior, added a halo car and new front and rear bumpers. They are in serious trouble if they don't have a new car out in 3 years.

Ford is sitting much better. Exterior is a wash, they have the nicer butt but those gawd awful headlights and so so front clip won't help. Interior is a wash between the two but I think the Camaros is more exciting. It's a tie to be unbiased. What they don't have is a 455hp/455tq engine strapped to the fastest shifting 8 speed in the business. They have a soft v8 with a average 6 speed. To top it off the Camaro is lighter, has MRC and a better chassis. GM knocked the tech out of the park on the new Camaro as well.

Match a 335hp v6 to a 310hp eco boost (more torque in the ecoboost, but still that 6 speed) and I guarantee you Ford is not laughing. If they don't have some decent upgrades in line they are only going to enjoy a possible sales lead for 1 year, this year.
It's great to see Chevy up the ante on the SS but it's too bad they built all of the improvements into a ugly car IMO. I'm one of those who doesn't think that the 6th Gen SS will keep up with a ScatPack, they are already in the 11s with just DRs. Take a look at the torque curve on a dyno pull for the 392 and you will see why. My guess 12:50s for the SS and still 12:20s for the ScatPack.

Handling wise Chevy has a winner, Straight line acceleration Dodge has a winner, Sales wise Ford has a winner.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:29 AM   #40
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
They don't really need to do anything at all. Mustang has the GT350 right now and apparently is testing a car to go above it. Challenger has the Hellcat which could beat Camaro and Mustang any day as of right now.

The real question you should be asking is, "What is Chevy going to do to catch up?"
Old 05-17-2015, 07:47 AM   #41
IOMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
It's great to see Chevy up the ante on the SS but it's too bad they built all of the improvements into a ugly car IMO. I'm one of those who doesn't think that the 6th Gen SS will keep up with a ScatPack, they are already in the 11s with just DRs. Take a look at the torque curve on a dyno pull for the 392 and you will see why. My guess 12:50s for the SS and still 12:20s for the ScatPack.

Handling wise Chevy has a winner, Straight line acceleration Dodge has a winner, Sales wise Ford has a winner.
Stingray has done 11.4 at 124 on stock tires, no drag radials. 350, maybe 400lbs more means the gen6 is going to see 11s at or very near 120mph. For every hero 12.2 dodge run, there will be a hero 11.9 run in a gen6.

The torque curve is no joke on the LT-1. They focused most of the power gains on torque over top end power, just like they did in the 392. A approx 450-500lb lighter gen6 will be faster stock and the distance will only grow with mods due to the light weight.

392 is a fast car and the gen6 doesn't make it slow, but it will be faster stock vs stock.

If Mustang needs to rely on the GT350, which starts at 53k, to keep up with a 35k SS...well you know how that's going to work out, it won't be pretty. I assume they will be adding DI to the 5.0 to keep up.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:50 AM   #42
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
They didn't, typical Camaro fanboy dialogue
I'm no fanboy, I hated the refresh 14-15's except the 1LE, and Z/28, other then those two models that car is horrible looking..

The 6th gen blows it away by a mile including the new mustang..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote