Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #1
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
SS modes

There are some discussion on the differences between modes, but none of which identify this:

during a boring drive this afternoon I normally keep in in Tour mode. of which I have got used to. so I accidently hit the sport mode and immediately noticed a difference in throttle response. (steering I'm all to familiar with). While driving a few miles I really like it. I took it a step further. I put it in Track mode and throttle response is not nearly as responsive as track. matter of fact I think the throttle response in Tour mode is better.
In Track mode, it feels like I have to push the throttle more than the other two. Normal? what are your thoughts on this and what do you think the reasoning is for this?
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #2
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
That's not right. According to the manual, Snow/Ice have one throttle progression, Tour/Sport are another and should feel the same there and Track has its own.

In terms of responsiveness, Snow/Ice is the slowest; Tour/Sport are normal and the same; Track will be the most sensitive to input.

Mine is much more responsive in Track than the other modes, with throttle. In Snow/Ice you can pulse the pedal fast enough and it doesn't even blip.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:59 PM   #3
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I haven't noticed Track as being more sluggish in terms of throttle response. IF that's the case, I'd imagine it's for the same reason as the steering getting less assist.

Over-correction/reaction on track is a horrible, horrible thing. If they moved some of the (already) muted throttle response from the bottom of the range, I'd toss out there this is why.
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:08 PM   #4
oneredry
HYPER SS

steering felt tight, which is normal. suspension stiffened. throttle seemed (not sluggish) but I felt like I had to push the throttle further to the floor. Sport was instantaneous.
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:55 PM   #5
JR91

Drives: Camaro 1SS
I always drive in Track mode with steering set to Sport. This I feel is the best combination for throttle response and steering weight. In Track mode, it feels easier to modulate the throttle. Touring and Sport modes are too aggressive, making the gas pedal feel like an on and off switch.

Last edited by JR91; 09-20-2016 at 02:18 PM.
JR91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:11 PM   #6
moonrider

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
steering felt tight, which is normal. suspension stiffened. throttle seemed (not sluggish) but I felt like I had to push the throttle further to the floor. Sport was instantaneous.
I never put mine in track mode because the throttle response sucks. It feels so sluggish. I have been waiting to see if others have felt the same way about track mode.
moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #7
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
When I picked up the car it was in tour mode. Now I was impressed, but it didn't feel quite right as I always put my 2011 2LT in sport mode when I owned that. After driving it several miles in tour mode, I finally put it in sport and left it there for the rest of the trip. Now I leave it in sport mode all the time. I love the weight of the steering wheel and the throttle best in that mode.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:33 PM   #8
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Just courious since this is sorta related....but when in track mode, I love putting in in netural and reving the engine to hear her roar...but sometimes I step on the gas and get absolutely nothing....no response at all. Sometimes I have to switch to another mode and back to track to wake it up. Anyone else have this happen?
Old 09-20-2016, 02:42 PM   #9
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefianceDan View Post
Just courious since this is sorta related....but when in track mode, I love putting in in netural and reving the engine to hear her roar...but sometimes I step on the gas and get absolutely nothing....no response at all. Sometimes I have to switch to another mode and back to track to wake it up. Anyone else have this happen?
Autos are iffy about letting you free rev, it's not great for the car/tranny. I've never had it do nothing, but it will rev part way, or rev slightly and hold, it just doesn't let you free rev it in 'N', generally speaking.
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:45 PM   #10
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post

With a manual transmission the last thing I want is the car to change how (or IF) the engine will respond to my gas pedal inputs.

When I put it in Track mode I find myself pushing the gas pedal and waiting for the engine to respond. Sure, if I WAS on a Track, then I would be mashing the pedal to the floor, so it would be fine.... but then mashing the pedal in any mode should still get full throttle so what's the point! It is just some novelty to make the different modes feel different...

consistent gas pedal, that is all I want.
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #11
oneredry
HYPER SS

well it sounds to me like its normal then. Just would think that with it being in Track, it would be more aggressive such as that of sport.
Delivered 03/23/16
Old 09-20-2016, 03:15 PM   #12
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefianceDan View Post
Yes, don't do that in an automatic car. Even my '12 GS Vette wouldn't allow it and you'd be stopped a little over 2500RPM if you tried. It's not the same as free revving a manual where the trans is decoupled while the clutch is in. Your TC is still connected, so when you free rev it like that you are forcing fluid through the veins in the impeller/turbine while not in an actual gear.. Thankfully, the computer controls really won't let you do it too hard.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote