Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #85
dcmock

Drives: 2010 loaded 2SS L99 tuned OBX long
I believe trifecta tuning a custom to your specs mail order tune offers a transperancy tune so it is tuned but the dealer cant see it from what I understand. Try them go to wot-tuning.com
dcmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #86
PEW-PROFESSIONAL

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Do you really think responding to a post 5 years after it was posted is beneficial to this thread. I'll admit, I respond in some threads with posts that basically contribute nothing to the conversations... but I don't dig up ancient threads in the process.
Nobody made you come in here to read it, so whats your excuse for posting in the thread?
G5carbon.com-SS Carbon fiber Trunk Filler Panels**Carbon fiber Heat Extractor **Z/28 Carbon Fiber Spoiler (Comming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon Fiber Rear Defuser (Comming Soon)**SS Carbon Fiber Lower Grill (Coming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon fiber Side Skirts (Coming soon)**SS Carbon fiber Cooling Plate (Coming Soon)**Camber/Caster Plates (Coming Soon)
Westcoastcamaros.com-Carbon Fiber Engine Cover (Ordered)
PEW-PROFESSIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #87
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Lol resurrecting the thread but still idk why people get so mad. It's not different than making a new thread
Old 04-10-2016, 05:50 AM   #88
Buck Rodgers

Drives: 2011 2SS Cyber Gray
Anyone use the Range AFM Disabler ?

Just picked up a 2011 L99. Once I started searching for exhaust systems, I then became aware of the AFM on my car. I then noticed it with my hand on shifter, feeling that slight vibration i

Im going to get the Borla S type cat back. I am just curious if anyone has experience with the Range Disabler.
Buck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:08 AM   #89
RLNTLSS
INTSAGRAM: Failwish

Drives: 2019 /2SS LT1
I have a range device i used for a few months before i got my car tuned.. It worked never had an issue with it..works as described.disabled afm
RLNTLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:40 PM   #90
Buck Rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramlion View Post
I have a range device i used for a few months before i got my car tuned.. It worked never had an issue with it..works as described.disabled afm
What kind of tune ? Any Issues ?

It probably wouldnt make sense to get a tune just adding a cat back.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:43 PM   #91
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Rodgers View Post
What kind of tune ? Any Issues ?

It probably wouldnt make sense to get a tune just adding a cat back.
Your l99 will benefit from a trans tune. No afm....reduced torque management. Plus it will shift harder with a little more jam. I really enjoy the auto after the trans tune.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:16 AM   #92
Buck Rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Your l99 will benefit from a trans tune. No afm....reduced torque management. Plus it will shift harder with a little more jam. I really enjoy the auto after the trans tune.
I appreciate the info, going to look into it.

Placing order with Summit for exhaust & CAI. Found out the air filter I wanted to order from K&N 69 series is not legal in California. Likewise for a Rotofab CAI. I am wondering now, if any aftermarket CAI is legal here. This sucks.

Last edited by Buck Rodgers; 04-11-2016 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:02 PM   #93
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
I appreciate the info, going to look into it.

Placing order with Summit for exhaust & CAI. Found out the air filter I wanted to order from K&N 69 series is not legal in California. Likewise for a Rotofab CAI. I am wondering now, if any aftermarket CAI is legal here. This sucks.
You should look at the z/28 cai....some members have dynoed it with great results....nobody sells it here thats why it's hardly mentioned. And it's a factory piece that
may get you past your emissions problem
Old 04-12-2016, 10:46 AM   #94
camarodragonL99

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 Camaro
I have the RANGE to shut down my AFM. I do like it. I had one issue where i was parked with the motor off listening to music and it threw a code P0001 i think. no communication with CPU. Had it for 4 months now. Does the job. I would just get a tuner but im still under warranty, so this is the next best thing.
camarodragonL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:39 PM   #95
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
I've had a Range Device for 2 years and it's great not having to deal with AFM anymore. I sent it in this past winter for a program update and so far so good. If your afraid of a tune then this IS the answer!

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:26 AM   #96
Buck Rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
You should look at the z/28 cai....some members have dynoed it with great results....nobody sells it here thats why it's hardly mentioned. And it's a factory piece that
may get you past your emissions problem
Looking at the catalog online, it says the Z28 filter cannot be sold in the state of California...LMAO Cant buy the filter, but you can buy the Z28 Camaro. The Golden State I tell ya.

Also not recommended for use on the L99. I dont have an issue just getting the K&N. I know the CHP does these stings here chasing down street racers & modified cars. And they will impound you for crazy mods.

If its a fix ticket , fine. I'll just pop it off. Clear the ticket & put it back on. I just dont want to get stop by the wrong cop on the wrong day. And get towed for an air filter of all things. Might as well get the long tubes & high flow cats.

Quite a few nice ideas for upgrades from the ZL1 & Z28 though. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:02 PM   #97
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Looking at the catalog online, it says the Z28 filter cannot be sold in the state of California...LMAO Cant buy the filter, but you can buy the Z28 Camaro. The Golden State I tell ya.

Also not recommended for use on the L99. I dont have an issue just getting the K&N. I know the CHP does these stings here chasing down street racers & modified cars. And they will impound you for crazy mods.

If its a fix ticket , fine. I'll just pop it off. Clear the ticket & put it back on. I just dont want to get stop by the wrong cop on the wrong day. And get towed for an air filter of all things. Might as well get the long tubes & high flow cats.

Quite a few nice ideas for upgrades from the ZL1 & Z28 though. Thanks.
The fact the z/28 cai looks factory makes me wonder if anyone...even a car guy would know it's an upgrade. After Markey cai are a dead giveaway they are no oem. Not so much with the z/28 unit. But your right lots of good choices out there.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:13 AM   #98
duck899

Drives: 2017 50th
intune

Does the diablosport intune2 work well for disabling the DoD/AFM?
Does the engine sound and work better?

thanks