Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-16-2015, 10:21 PM   #15
cb66

Drives: 13 2SS/RS HWSE Camaro # 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishIhad4WD View Post
The new Mustang is much better looking than the new Camaro as far as I can see. I would definitely get the Mustang over the Camaro and anything Dodge has to offer except for the Viper of course, which isn't in the same price bracket anyway. Chevy did good with the interior on the new Camaro but the exterior is a total letdown. The Mustang looks great.
You must like the Ford Fusion as well because that's what the new Mustang looks like, a glorified Fusion. We all have our own opinions but I personally think that Ford ruined the looks of the Mustangs with the most current design. Before that they weren't bad looking cars , and I'm not even a Ford fan making that compliment.
Roto Fab CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder series exhaust , Elite Engineering catch can, Range AFM delete ,Oracle LED side marker lights ,Plasma LED DRL Lights & harness, LED License Plate bulbs, Xpel Ultimate paint protection film.
cb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:28 PM   #16
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezima View Post
A lot of people can afford 60k cars, car loans are your friend, so is credit
No, they can't, and no, they're not. Especially when you start to consider what median income is in this country, and what people (aren't) doing to save for retirement. But that's beside the point.

Chrysler is going to need to do something other than dropping a bigger engine in that aging platform it's using for the Challenger. The Hellcat is great, but Ford and GM are starting to go lean, and, Chrysler is suffering from some pretty awful quality issues now that Fiat is at the helm.

Ford? Ford better hope they played their cards right on the last refresh of the Mustang because I think GM is quietly playing a Royal Flush with the new Camaro on this round.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:46 PM   #17
WishIhad4WD

Drives: 2012 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb66 View Post
You must like the Ford Fusion as well because that's what the new Mustang looks like, a glorified Fusion. We all have our own opinions but I personally think that Ford ruined the looks of the Mustangs with the most current design. Before that they weren't bad looking cars , and I'm not even a Ford fan making that compliment.
I was never interested in the Mustang until the 2015 came out. The only resemblance to the Fusion is in the grill, which Ford obviously stole from Aston Martin anyway.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:58 PM   #18
ice_age_revenge

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I love my camaro to death and believe me, it has been my dream car since it first came out but now that the Hellcat came out I would totally trade it in for one of those in a heart beat. Chevrolet needs to get it together because that 16' Camaro was a total fail.
ice_age_revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:02 PM   #19
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_age_revenge View Post
I love my camaro to death and believe me, it has been my dream car since it first came out but now that the Hellcat came out I would totally trade it in for one of those in a heart beat. Chevrolet needs to get it together because that 16' Camaro was a total fail.
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:17 PM   #20
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Yeah....60k is A LOT of money.

PS - I like the Dodge Challenger and the Ford Mustang. They're both attractive in their own way! I'm not going to knock any American Muscle Car by all means and respect everyone who drives them.
The 2015 Challenger SRT's w/485HP are 40's-50's. The 6th Gen SS will probably be in the $40's.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #21
Zezima

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb66 View Post
The absolute only thing the Fusion and the Mustang have in common is the inner pointed headlights, nothing else, one is a 4 door economical sedan and one is a throwback fastback body style similar to the ones in 71, so they didn't ruin Ford at all.
You're obviously a fanboy or blind
Zezima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #22
Zezima

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishIhad4WD View Post
I was never interested in the Mustang until the 2015 came out. The only resemblance to the Fusion is in the grill, which Ford obviously stole from Aston Martin anyway.
They didn't "steal" it, multiple people from Aston Martin helped design the Mustang....
Zezima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:26 PM   #23
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
After seeing that abortion of a dashboard and steering wheel in the new Camaro......I dont think Ford or Dodge have anything to worry about. That interior just makes me want to hurl......

...and some folks say the current interior in these things are crappy...
Old 05-16-2015, 11:34 PM   #24
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
After seeing that abortion of a dashboard and steering wheel in the new Camaro......I dont think Ford or Dodge have anything to worry about. That interior just makes me want to hurl......

...and some folks say the current interior in these things are crappy...
Really? Wow, I know a really good eye doctor..
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:37 PM   #25
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
i showed my gf and family the 6th gen. They didn't seem as excited as me. Now they all went off about the 15 mustang. But its funny because we all hated it when they first released it, then it grew onto us.

The 6th gen didn't wow my family, however , they never said it was ugly. Which leads me to believe it will grow on them faster and they will eventually love it
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:37 PM   #26
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Is this guy's thread serious
Old 05-16-2015, 11:38 PM   #27
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I think both the Mustang and Camaro are on par in the looks department, one will appeal more to the other though and that's a good thing. But the Camaro is going to OWN in both the strip and road course. Go with your heart, you can't go wrong.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:38 PM   #28
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
ahhhh...the 4500Lb, 707HP Hellcat - yes, it has 707. Any hotrodder can throw a 1000HP motor in a Miata or Vista Cruiser for all i care...If you are all about the single factor of HP, that is just fine, the Hellcat is for you.

When the LT4 650HP based camaro hits the streets weighing 500 to 600lbs less, it will be just fine.

The Camaro is built for overall Performance, quick, nimble, fun to drive -if it ain't your cup of tea, that's ok - lots of great cars out there.