Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-12-2024, 05:58 AM   #1
Killakamr6

Drives: 2019 Camaro Zl1 1LE
Arrow Mountain Run Crash 😔 Drivers ok 👍

https://youtu.be/z-V3Inzd-uU?si=5zPIAHs7Qa6i5YzL

Camaro was on an aftermarket wheel that was previously repaired. It gave out when we were heading back home. Took out the C8 behind it. Drivers are ok that’s all that matters. Please do not put a welded wheel on these cars.

Thanks
Killakamr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 08:44 AM   #2
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Glad everyone is ok.

High powered cars are always dangerous if not maintained properly. I know the cost factor is important but when you own a car like ours all repairs should be done the right way.

And for wheels, always replace a damaged wheel with a new one, never repair a wheel. These cars have too much torque and have tremendous g-force capability to put stress on any wheel with a compromised structure.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 09:05 AM   #3
Killakamr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
Glad everyone is ok.

High powered cars are always dangerous if not maintained properly. I know the cost factor is important but when you own a car like ours all repairs should be done the right way.

And for wheels, always replace a damaged wheel with a new one, never repair a wheel. These cars have too much torque and have tremendous g-force capability to put stress on any wheel with a compromised structure.
Very well put sir. Just wanted to show the dangers of a repaired wheel. I’m guessing not everyone knew this idk
Old 05-12-2024, 09:49 AM   #4
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
Man, that sucks. I'm glad no one was hurt. How do the factory summer only tires hold up on a run like that? I was up there 2 weeks ago with my car but didn't push it as hard as you guys did. I would like to do a run with you guys but don't know if I could keep up.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 11:35 AM   #5
Killakamr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
Man, that sucks. I'm glad no one was hurt. How do the factory summer only tires hold up on a run like that? I was up there 2 weeks ago with my car but didn't push it as hard as you guys did. I would like to do a run with you guys but don't know if I could keep up.
The super car 3r that comes on the 1le is what I was on. Definitely have to be mindful of some puddles, but I love them up there. I’m pretty confident on them
Old 05-12-2024, 11:36 AM   #6
Killakamr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
Also it’s all for fun and going at your own pace. I want everyone to be able to drive home