Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-21-2024, 06:52 AM   #15
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
The Too High PSI port kit is great and not too hard to dial in. You have to tune the car similar to how you would tune a car that is leaning on meth for fuel. DSX is coming out with a port kit, hopefully some time this year, that should negate the need to tune a separate controller for the injectors. I'm going to put the DSX Port Kit on my personal ZL1 as soon as Dave will sell me one lol.

Point being, now that there are port offerings, you can get further with power for similar or less money than upgrading the DI stuff. One the ZL1's you have to buy a different lid for the supercharger or you will have issues with the blower hitting the hood.
Old 02-21-2024, 12:00 PM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCamaro View Post
I'm still good on smog for a couple years and also looking into getting out of California soon. Also thanks I was able to get the kit at a killer deal.
Good for you. Some people don't know about some of that stuff, and I've watched videos of Youtuber shops saying their mods' or packages are legal, when they are not... Anyways - many kudos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
The Too High PSI port kit is great and not too hard to dial in. You have to tune the car similar to how you would tune a car that is leaning on meth for fuel. DSX is coming out with a port kit, hopefully some time this year, that should negate the need to tune a separate controller for the injectors. I'm going to put the DSX Port Kit on my personal ZL1 as soon as Dave will sell me one lol.

Point being, now that there are port offerings, you can get further with power for similar or less money than upgrading the DI stuff. One the ZL1's you have to buy a different lid for the supercharger or you will have issues with the blower hitting the hood.
I tried trimming the under hood panel, and even shaved my Maggie lid to try to compensate for the height of the port plates, but it was just not enough. If you have a ZL1, plan on a lid. It enhances the whine, too, which I love.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 01:44 PM   #17
ZL14ever

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
One the ZL1's you have to buy a different lid for the supercharger or you will have issues with the blower hitting the hood.
I saw someone here running THP plates with DSX lid, and had no clearance issues with the hood. Not sure if the stock lid would be any different

Here is his for sale ad that has pictures/info

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617524
ZL14ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 01:52 PM   #18
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL14ever View Post
I saw someone here running THP plates with DSX lid, and had no clearance issues with the hood. Not sure if the stock lid would be any different

Here is his for sale ad that has pictures/info

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617524
Dave told me himself, that the stock lid would not clear because the raised lettering. The DSX lid solves that problem on the ZL1. I didn't ask about CTS-V's, Z06's or Blackwings.